PDA

View Full Version : Completed the game, here are some tips for anyone interested in trying this game out

NEO CRIMS0N
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Just throwing some info out there seeing how there isn't a guide up yet.

I was able to obtain the full 1000, so none of the achievements glitched on me.

2 playthroughs are required since hard difficulty isn't unlocked until you complete the game on normal difficulty.

Picked up all the golden spiders on my first playthrough as well. These spiders can be pretty well hidden, so try to pay attention to the golden spider symbol and how rapidly its flashing.

My advice is to fight every enemy encounter just in case they award you with a golden spider at the end of the fight. The spider symbol is supposed to pop up on the top right of your screen if the fight awards a golden spider, but sometimes I was too into the fight to even notice. Just defeat all the enemies to be sure.

I handled the challenges by completing them as I went through the story. When you unlock a challenge, you can actually go back and load that challenge up from the web of challenges menu, but I preferred just using the restart option if I got anything less than a gold. For the obstacle challenges, make sure to go through most of it at least once first, just to get to figure out the path you need to take, and also to nab any golden spiders that might be present. Once you figure all that out, just use the restart option to load up the checkpoint at the start of the challenge.

Hopefully what I learned from my 1k will help you guys complete your games. You can probably just rent this game for 5 days and be fine, definitely not a 1 day rental though.

Prelude2disastr
10-16-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my last gold medal...

It's the "Gather 59 Orb.... in 1:45" on Here There Be Monsters. I can do a seamless run but I can only get my time down to 1:47. Any ideas? My main problem is, at least I think, that the enemies are dicks and refuse to swarm me for a time paradox.

It's driving me insane now!!

LichPopi4
10-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I had a problem with "Alchemaxed Out!", I bought everything but no achievement. So I dashboarded and run game again and I got achievement in the main menu of the game...

NEO CRIMS0N
10-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Can't really be of much help at this point in terms of challenges. I returned the game already, the tips I gave at the start of this thread are really all I have.