PDA

View Full Version : .44 Magnum, most powerful handgun in the world?

namepending
10-10-2011, 02:46 AM
For anybody who has gotten to level 37, i think? You unlock the .44 Magnum and i swear to god, it kills everybody wit a one-shot kill unless shooting from far range or in the legs.

I was using it for my primary gun for a while because you just shoot somebody in the chest and they die... And at level 44 you unlock a scoped one...rediculous.

I think this handgun should be nerfed just a little bit what do you guys think?

HeavenSoldier
10-10-2011, 03:15 AM
>A handgun meant to be powerful, kills in one shot close range. "we should nerf it!"
>What about shotguns? They do pretty much the same thing: 1-hit in close range.

As long as it doesn't 1-hit further than close range, then I don't really care. It's just a smaller version of a shotgun at that point.

Guitarr Steve
10-10-2011, 03:46 AM
It's actually worse than a shotgun, because you have to be accurate when shooting, whereas when using a shotgun you can hip-fire and usually get the kill.

I personally think it's fine.

CGPsaint
10-10-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm thinking that they should address the UMP long before worrying about a handgun. Just my 2 cents.

Cooljoe
10-10-2011, 05:42 AM
I thought it was the smith and wesson, but whatever.

MediumMelanin
10-10-2011, 06:54 AM
I have to idea, didn't even get that far...that's crazy! But I will in the full game!

stuhp
10-10-2011, 07:31 AM
I have to idea, didn't even get that far...that's crazy! But I will in the full game!

lol what the hell happened here? :D

Nitnoid
10-10-2011, 08:12 AM
lol what the hell happened here? :D

I'm with ya dude! Its 4am here and I may have to come back around noon to read that again. Maybe I'll understand then...

Tatanko
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
The .44 is pretty stupidly powerful, but in typical revolver fashion (for modern games) it isn't particularly accurate. If you take your time and line up a shot, it's devastating. I can't wait to see what the MP-412 will do, since I didn't see anyone using it during the beta.

More importantly, screw the .44... I can't wait for the 1911 :D

CGPsaint
10-10-2011, 01:42 PM
The .44 is pretty stupidly powerful, but in typical revolver fashion (for modern games) it isn't particularly accurate. If you take your time and line up a shot, it's devastating. I can't wait to see what the MP-412 will do, since I didn't see anyone using it during the beta.

More importantly, screw the .44... I can't wait for the 1911 :D

Amen! The 1911 was my default handgun in BFBC2 and in BFBC2: Vietnam. There was nothing more satisfying that using my 1911 or my knife!

M49907
10-11-2011, 04:10 AM
I have only been killed by it a few times so I don't know how I feel about it. I quit playing the beta because I was getting tired of that map but I am more concirned about the UMP. That gun needs nerfed a bit.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Regardless of whether or not they nerf the UMP, I'm probably going to spend a lot of time rocking the PDWs when the game releases.

Grey Delta
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm probably going to spend a lot of time rocking the PDWs when the game releases.

At least for the first few ranks. My awards page is going to be spammmed with PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + RUSH WINNER + PDW RIBBON. :D

Tatanko
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Amen! The 1911 was my default handgun in BFBC2 and in BFBC2: Vietnam. There was nothing more satisfying that using my 1911 or my knife!
It's just... so... good. It's stupidly accurate, and consistent enough that it's pretty easy to 2-shot someone using recoil to make the 2nd shot a headshot. Not to mention it's a .45 so it's not exactly weak.

Have I mentioned I have a 1911 in real life? :D (only like 20 times on the BC2 forum).

Barad
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Sounds sick can't wait to try it in the game!

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
At least for the first few ranks. My awards page is going to be spammmed with PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + RUSH WINNER + PDW RIBBON. :D

You forgot to add the ribbon for finishing a Rush Round...

It's just... so... good. It's stupidly accurate, and consistent enough that it's pretty easy to 2-shot someone using recoil to make the 2nd shot a headshot. Not to mention it's a .45 so it's not exactly weak.

Have I mentioned I have a 1911 in real life? :D (only like 20 times on the BC2 forum).

The 1911 is the only sidearm that I know is reliable enough to use as a backup in BFBC2. I hate switching to a different sidearm only to get gunned down anyways.

Grey Delta
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
You forgot to add the ribbon for finishing a Rush Round...

It got lost amongst the millions of PDW ribbons, I'm sure it's there somewhere ;)

Anthonymrb
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I think the pistols are fine in the game. They are meant to be strong.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 04:41 PM

It got lost amongst the millions of PDW ribbons, I'm sure it's there somewhere ;)

Nope! I checked!

Here, let me get this for ya!

"At least for the first few ranks. My awards page is going to be spammmed with PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + PDW RIBBON + FINISH RUSH ROUND + RUSH WINNER + PDW RIBBON. :D

Now we're good!

ZingZitang
10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't think any Weapon needs to have its damage Reduced. If anything some weapons need to do MORE Damage. Some Assault Rifles, LMG's and the P90 just to name a few.

The .44 Magnum is a Two Hit Kill at any Range. "Everyone' who you killed with "One Shot" must have not have had fill Health. This is the Case when most people think they get killed with one shot. They Have Low Health. I used the .44 Extensively, and didn't one shot people with it very often Unless it was a Headshot, not even from 2 feet.

I Repeat, no Weapon needs to be "Nerfed". The Weapon Damage/Player Health in the Beta was Perfect. It didn't take so many bullets that It ruined the Immersion Factor(Bad Company 2 I'm looking at you), but It also didn't take too few bullets. It just Felt Perfect.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't think any Weapon needs to have its damage Reduced. If anything some weapons need to do MORE Damage. Some Assault Rifles, LMG's and the P90 just to name a few.

The .44 Magnum is a Two Hit Kill at any Range. "Everyone' who you killed with "One Shot" must have not have had fill Health. This is the Case when most people think they get killed with one shot. They Have Low Health. I used the .44 Extensively, and didn't one shot people with it very often Unless it was a Headshot, not even from 2 feet.

I Repeat, no Weapon needs to be "Nerfed". The Weapon Damage/Player Health in the Beta was Perfect. It didn't take so many bullets that It ruined the Immersion Factor(Bad Company 2 I'm looking at you), but It also didn't take too few bullets. It just Felt Perfect.

Can you at least agree that with the high accuracy, little recoil and high damage, that the UMP does need to be reassessed?

ZingZitang
10-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Can you at least agree that with the high accuracy, little recoil and high damage, that the UMP does need to be reassessed?
You know, I could Agree with that. My first though process was that The UMP is a .45 Caliber Sub Machine Gun, and the .45 Caliber is a Very Hard Hitting Bullet. But Your right, for Balancing reasons, especially compared to the Rest of the PDW's at least. Maybe Reduce the Accuracy, or increase the Recoil or something.

I guess the point I was attempting to make is that I just don't want them to Increase the Player Health. In Bad Company 2 nothing Killed the Fun more than Getting 34 Hit signs on somebody and they still wouldn't die.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 07:31 PM
You know, I could Agree with that. My first though process was that The UMP is a .45 Caliber Sub Machine Gun, and the .45 Caliber is a Very Hard Hitting Bullet. But Your right, for Balancing reasons, especially compared to the Rest of the PDW's at least. Maybe Reduce the Accuracy, or increase the Recoil or something.

I guess the point I was attempting to make is that I just don't want them to Increase the Player Health. In Bad Company 2 nothing Killed the Fun more than Getting 34 Hit signs on somebody and they still wouldn't die.

On this, you and I definitely have consensus. My favorite was hitting someone with an RPG and getting a hit marker. Really? The only thing that I should be getting is +50 for pwning someone in their face. Since when does an explosive shot to the face not result in death and dismemberment!

ZingZitang
10-11-2011, 08:38 PM
On this, you and I definitely have consensus. My favorite was hitting someone with an RPG and getting a hit marker. Really? The only thing that I should be getting is +50 for pwning someone in their face. Since when does an explosive shot to the face not result in death and dismemberment!

Or Getting Three Headshots with a sniper Rifle! And even though I understand its for Balancing Reasons, Blasting someone with a Tank Shell and them living through it. That was always fun.

On that note, I'm very Excited for Vehicles in the Full Game.

The Bum-Mobile
10-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Need I say it?
Dirty Harry
The .44 is fine the way it is.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Need I say it?
Dirty Harry
The .44 is fine the way it is.

The number one reason that Clint Eastwood is more awesome than John Wayne is because he actually reloaded his 6 shooter.

Case in point...

Harry Callahan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/): I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

TheUglyCasanova
10-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't think I got killed by it once in the beta and I only hit level 19 (no idea how you guys got to high 30's-40's within such a short period of time. :eek: You must be really sick of Metro if I was already bored of it with half the time played or less lol.

Anyway I like all the pistols in the game that I've used. They actually do enough damage to be useful and not just 'there'. I do wonder if there is a Desert Eagle in the game though? I've loved that beast machine ever since the early days of beta Counter-Strike.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't think I got killed by it once in the beta and I only hit level 19 (no idea how you guys got to high 30's-40's within such a short period of time. :eek: You must be really sick of Metro if I was already bored of it with half the time played or less lol.

Anyway I like all the pistols in the game that I've used. They actually do enough damage to be useful and not just 'there'. I do wonder if there is a Desert Eagle in the game though? I've loved that beast machine ever since the early days of beta Counter-Strike.

Ahh yes. The gold old days of CS. I remember rocking the Arctic Magnum and the Desert Eagle. I saw recently that they are working on a new CS and are revamping some old favorites like Dust.

secretkaos187
10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I thought they were okay.on the other hand,the dao w/ grenade rounds was retarded powerful!!!

Dz06lt
10-12-2011, 01:27 AM
The only way it should be nerfed is if you are getting long range kills with it

Grey Delta
10-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Ahh yes. The gold old days of CS. I remember rocking the Arctic Magnum and the Desert Eagle. I saw recently that they are working on a new CS and are revamping some old favorites like Dust.

I fucking hated that AWP, mainly because I couldn't use it. I was more of a Scout man :D cant see the new CS being great on consoles though.

CGPsaint
10-12-2011, 03:19 AM
I fucking hated that AWP, mainly because I couldn't use it. I was more of a Scout man :D cant see the new CS being great on consoles though.

I was a beast with the AWP and I loved the fact that you could get multiple kills with one bullet. I remember the CS that came out for the Xbox, and even though it wasn't exactly stellar, I still logged a considerable number of hours playing with friends against bots. For the record, those fuckers cheat.