PDA

View Full Version : Should I get this?

KutleryKing
10-10-2011, 03:25 AM
I mean, I've heard so many good things about this game (best game ever on the Gamecube! Best ever in x year!!) but I didn't really like RE5, which got really good words too.

Should I buy this?

AllenBicNC
10-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Yes you should. Rez Evil is off the charts

Teh BeZ
10-10-2011, 03:33 AM
I personally think Resident Evil is one of the best games I've played. Playing the new HD version only further confirming that statement - even with today's standard of games.

Resident Evil 5 on the other hand I feel I just on OK game, nothing special about it - Hell I haven't even completed it and I got it Day release. I am however playing it again because Resident Evil 4 reminded me of the fact I never completed it :P

In short: buy it :)

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
10-10-2011, 04:03 AM
I haven't played 4 for years and I forgot how fun it was to go through the campaign. I didn't rush at all and explored every lil spot. Controls get a bit getting used to but it's definitely worth a playthrough or several. Hopefully if Capcom thinks it's sold well we can get Zero and REmake too.

The Viper
10-10-2011, 07:53 AM
How could you not like re5? If you diddnt then dont get this, its a better version of re5 <3

OptimumJay
10-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Personally, Res 4 is my second favourite of the series after Res 2 (must be a Leon thing). It is, in my opinion better than 5 but I did enjoy playing through co-op with my girlfriend and never attempted 5 alone. If you are a fan of the series then it's a must, be aware of the fact that they stepped away from the zombie thing at this point and took it down the parasite route. All in all though, an excellent game.

JuSt BLaZe
10-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah you should get it. Personally I think RE5 & RE4 are both great. So many people hate on RE5, they just exaggerating. If you not sure save your money till it "MAYBE" get cheaper. For me it was some well spent MSP.

Beheaded Dragon
10-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes you should. I liked the ambience in 4 more than in 5. Its a bit harder too.

Darkforce412
10-15-2011, 02:22 AM
no if u didint like re5 i wouldnt get this their both almost the same but re4 was better and scarier the gameplay in 5 is the same and the combat system is the same as well so no u might not like it but what do i know i dont know u so the choice is yours not anyone else mmmmm u know what ur right go get it :)

justinman114
10-16-2011, 09:52 PM
I mean, I've heard so many good things about this game (best game ever on the Gamecube! Best ever in x year!!) but I didn't really like RE5, which got really good words too.

Should I buy this?

not sure if anyone has already said it but this game BLOWS RESI5 OUT OF THE WATER. although it's no Resi2 :P

DocRevolt
10-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Hell yeah you should get it, RE4 is an amazing game, one of the best of any generation if you ask me.

KutleryKing
10-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the input!! I decided to get it and I freaking love it!!! So much better than RE5!

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't really understand why everyone says re5 was so bad cause it really wasn't...it was a fantastic game and I enjoyed it very much, 4 is better yes but it doesn't change the fact that re5 is incredible.

DocRevolt
10-20-2011, 01:40 AM
I don't really understand why everyone says re5 was so bad cause it really wasn't...it was a fantastic game and I enjoyed it very much, 4 is better yes but it doesn't change the fact that re5 is incredible.
Same issue between RE2 and RE3. The latter was incredibly derivative of the former, a lot of the gameplay started to go stale, what shouldn't have been changed was, what should have been altered was left the same. It could have been so much more, but it was just oriented as a typical shooter, and it made Resident Evil into more of an action game and less of a survival horror type thing.