PDA

View Full Version : Sen's Fortress

locoloco
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone else not enjoying Sen's Fortress?

The traps are extremely annoying and the mobs are placed to compliment them so well.

PropaneTankHank
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Anyone else not enjoying Sen's Fortress?

The traps are extremely annoying and the mobs are placed to compliment them so well.

Yeah, Sen's was a pain. Once you have it mapped out in your head it isn't that bad, but you're liable to die to one of the pendulum traps pretty much any time haha, make sure to get the shortcut!

BsE Bloodbath
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Here's to you mate lol i literally finished that place about 10 min ago....bloody nightmare! getting to the boss was harder than it :S boss didn't touch me once >.<
I recommend wandering so you can release logan too after killin the boss

Steve IOW
10-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey, did you guys come here after finishing Blight Town?

locoloco
10-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey, did you guys come here after finishing Blight Town?

Yes.

I just made it to the first bonfire,according to the guide, it also looks like I'm close to the boss. I picked up the Extra item drop rate ring here too.

The funny thing is you can run to the first bonfire in 1-2 minutes, but the likelihood of you surviving is so low, lol.

Grats to everyone who cleared it and good luck to anyone doing it currently.

BsE Bloodbath
10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes.

I just made it to the first bonfire,according to the guide, it also looks like I'm close to the boss. I picked up the Extra item drop rate ring here too.

The funny thing is you can run to the first bonfire in 1-2 minutes, but the likelihood of you surviving is so low, lol.

Grats to everyone who cleared it and good luck to anyone doing it currently.

Extra drop rate ring? where's this?

Crinkstar
10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
It's located in the fortress somewhere, although trying to explain where would probably kill a number of braincells. I'd recommend exploring it thoroughly, following the rock paths.

Was a horrible place though, and I just realised I haven't gone back to speak with the onion head guy since stopping the boulders.

scoonmillar
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
i was finding it hard until i got the lighting spear in there and it just murders the mobs, i didnt even find the bonfire in it or the shortcut have to keep running up and down to get places lol

CrippleTron33
10-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I got knocked down at the beginning then managed to find the ladder leading up to the demon that opened the gate in the cut scene. I'll admit, I ran away like a little girl as I didn't fancy trying my luck. Haven't attempted it since but looks like I'll be off there next

locoloco
10-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Extra drop rate ring? where's this?

My explanation will only make sense to people who have been here.

So. You know where the rocks roll down the hill and you have to duck into an alley? Once you go into that little section and through it, the position will change and rocks will start rolling down the stairs in the next area.

Now the correct way out is up the stairs; for the ring, we need to head down the stairs. When you reach the bottom, there will be a pit and a little alley way off to the side. Sit in the alleyway and let the rocks keep falling into the pit. Eventually, it'll fill up or jump the hole and bust through the wall.

Walk through and pick up the ring on the other side.

locoloco
10-11-2011, 01:07 AM
i was finding it hard until i got the lighting spear in there and it just murders the mobs, i didnt even find the bonfire in it or the shortcut have to keep running up and down to get places lol

The only bonfire is available once you get to the rooftops. You'll know you're on the rooftops when you see giants standing on the roof throwing shit.

1.Take the left turn at the rooftops.
2. Run up the staircase
3. Run across the next platform and up the staircase
4.This platform has the exit to the bonfire; When facing the next set up stairs, turn right again and you'll see a piece of the rail missing.
5. Walk off that section and the bonfire will be below you.

BabeSlayer
10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
where'd you get a lightning spear?

locoloco
10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
where'd you get a lightning spear?

I would also like to know this for future characters; I picked up the spear, but I have no idea where I received it.

rokkyrok
10-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I would also like to know this for future characters; I picked up the spear, but I have no idea where I received it.

i got mine from the fake chest.

locoloco
10-11-2011, 06:52 PM
i got mine from the fake chest.

Ah, thank you. I was searching through the guide, but not having any luck.

rokkyrok
10-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Ah, thank you. I was searching through the guide, but not having any luck.

and thank you for the directions to the "Covetous Gold Serpent Ring".
this was bugging me, cos i could see it and i couldnt find a way to reach it.

Scab667
10-11-2011, 07:59 PM
So far I like this place, pretty devious setup they have going on here.

CressDX
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I found it really easy.
I just progressed through the level slowly.

MrTaste
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Hehehe is fun, but I am dying alot ;). I just hate the way they have some characters setup by the swinging axes or pendilums etc. As I have no form of magic at moment with my Knight character and infact I dont even really know how to use proper other than I worked out I need Attunement slots etc.