PDA

View Full Version : Anybody picking up the speed wheel?

Akuza
10-10-2011, 10:47 PM
So as we know the game is out soon and I was wondering who's grabbing the controller??

I know I am :D

SuperSkyline89
10-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Definitely not. No pedals and it's basically a Wii imitation.

The whole point of a wheel is to make the game more realistic, not less realistic. Whoever at Microsoft thought that getting rid a real wheel and replacing it with this piece of crap should be fired.

Akuza
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Not really a stupid idea .. It's quite clever marketing on Microsofts behalf .. It's a much cheaper wheel than the rare Microsoft official wheel and it uses tech from now instead of the original pedal design

Although I would have loved if they put pedals with it and used the same design .. Maybe it's something theyll add?

IEvil IMonkey
10-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I love my racing games esp Forza but have never felt the need to use a wheel.... plus the high prices put me off tbh

Ive been using a pad all my gaming life so why change now haha

SuperSkyline89
10-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Not really a stupid idea .. It's quite clever marketing on Microsofts behalf .. It's a much cheaper wheel than the rare Microsoft official wheel and it uses tech from now instead of the original pedal design

Although I would have loved if they put pedals with it and used the same design .. Maybe it's something theyll add?

Fyi, it doesn't have the left and right bumper buttons (which is amazingly stupid on the part of Microsoft) so you might have some trouble with Forza. You need the bumpers if you drive manual w/ clutch and to access menus within Forza. It also has no plug-in for a headset. The button thing is unforgivable, and at best the headset thing is incredibly stupid for a first-party device.

red_hammer
10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
I won't get it either - as Skyline mentioned... it's a like a Wii-controller and I hate the Wii!
Except that I just can't imagine that this will work when you're trying to race seriously...

TealPavelski
10-11-2011, 07:15 AM
I am kind of torn about this wheel. I might wait to hear some reviews or until it gets down to $25-$30.

OctagonQontrol
10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Don't get it unless you only wanna drive automatic... This "new" wheel also has no option to connect a wired headset, from what I read, so actually you're paying an amount of money on a controller that has 2 less buttons and no wired speech-option.

Bassboxx1702
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I think i will play forza 4 with my normal controller like the others. It would be nice if microsoft throw a new wheel with pedals on the market.. the old one is really rare and to expensive.