PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible???

psymatiq
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
So im at ash lake lvl 58 knight and i got cursed...somehow i managed to get down the great hollows and now im stuck in hell and got no items to turn off the curse. I got some of the way down the beach before the hydra farted on me and i died. Is there a fast way up again from down here or am i forced to get all the way up the tree and somehow go thru blighttown swamp without dying ?

xViper 37x
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately the only way out is back the way you came down.

ThrawnOmega
10-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I have this exact same problem. There is a glimmer of hope, but it's still hard. (Full disclosure: I had to do some research in the strategy guide to figure this potential method out)

My plan is to try to take out the Hydra, even though I'm cursed and my best weapon is nearly broken. The Hydra does not respawn. Once it's gone, I'm going to try farming the clam shell enemies in this area, as they have a semi-rare drop item that cures curse.

This won't fix the back-tracking, but at least it could then be done with full health.

psymatiq
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Man tried to hydra but i needed more hp so said screw it and went up the tree. The spawn points of the mushrooms arent to bad so i could pretty much go all the way up without any problems. The first frogs you encounter in the great hollow was the only problem i lured em to jump down and die ...then i went to into the swamp and onto the opersit side of the bonfire near the dragonscale in the tresure chest. So now i need to get up thru the backdoor of blighttown....man was allmost giving up on this character...

note to self : in the future stack some curse items <.< .

EDIT : i did it =) ash lake-great hollow-blight town-valley of drakes-new londo ruins-firelink-undead parish-dude in clocktower....done.....thank god.

ThrawnOmega
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Man tried to hydra but i needed more hp so said screw it and went up the tree. The spawn points of the mushrooms arent to bad so i could pretty much go all the way up without any problems. The first frogs you encounter in the great hollow was the only problem i lured em to jump down and die ...then i went to into the swamp and onto the opersit side of the bonfire near the dragonscale in the tresure chest. So now i need to get up thru the backdoor of blighttown....man was allmost giving up on this character...

note to self : in the future stack some curse items <.< .

EDIT : i did it =) ash lake-great hollow-blight town-valley of drakes-new londo ruins-firelink-undead parish-dude in clocktower....done.....thank god.

So, if I'm understanding you right, you took the path up that water-wheel thing, and then going passed the blowgun dudes? I have not been to Valley of Drakes yet or the New Londo Ruins. Did you fight or evade enemies on your sprint back to the "safer" areas?

If my plan turns out to be an Epic Fail, I'll have to try what you did as a back-up. Any additional tips you can provide would be great, so I don't rip my hair out;)

Uriel X
10-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure if you can evade the hydra or not, but a little farther in there's a clam guy by himself and a second bonfire. You should be able to farm him for a curse stone if you're having trouble taking out the hydra while cursed.

locoloco
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
So, if I'm understanding you right, you took the path up that water-wheel thing, and then going passed the blowgun dudes? I have not been to Valley of Drakes yet or the New Londo Ruins. Did you fight or evade enemies on your sprint back to the "safer" areas?

If my plan turns out to be an Epic Fail, I'll have to try what you did as a back-up. Any additional tips you can provide would be great, so I don't rip my hair out;)

The Valley of the Drakes immediately turns into New Londo Ruins which is also right next to the elevator up to Firelink Shrine.

BabeSlayer
10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
wtf i played around that stupid tree for ever how do I get down to that dang hydra?? I guess I don't really "need" to though....I tried zen's fortress a minute ago...that place sucks...not as bad as blighttown but still sucks.

Also the valley of the drakes...those freaking dragons rape the heck out of me...i'm level 66 I guess too early for me to be in there?

alanp9
10-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Did the Hydra in Ash Lake just die on its own for anyone else? I ran past it after getting a few hits in and realizing that it was a losing battle, went all the way to the dragon, joined the covenant, and then headed back the way I came. Not long after leaving the dragon I randomly got 2 Dragon Scales and 10,000 souls, and the Hydra was officially gone forever.

Searching around, it looks like this has happened to some other people as well. Seems like a glitch, unless the dragon covenant just decided to take out the Hydra for me. :)

ThrawnOmega
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Ha ha after reading your post, I sprinted for the dragon and joined his covenant. The Hydra was still alive, but then I watched its body turn to glowing dust as other boss type creatures do, and I got the 10,000 souls. Hey, it saved me a pain in the butt fight, so I'm not complaining:woop:

psymatiq
10-12-2011, 04:42 AM
well to answer your first question. Yeah i sprinted like hell most of the way and ofc i killed stuff in my way except the butchers guarding the entrance to blighttown(yeah its the water-wheel thing). I sprinted and evaded those. backdoor of blighttown leads to valley of drakes that leads to new london ruins pretty fast(takes like 10 seconds to get past that). Rest of the way i just sprinted. And ofc i killed the few mobs on the way up the bell tower in undead parish. But they are a cakewalk at 5x even if your cursed.

FlipSwitch
10-12-2011, 08:22 AM
The merchant in the aqueduct near firelink sells Purging Stones, no need to run all the way up the belltower if you've opened the shortcut from the lower burg.

BsE Bloodbath
10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Same happened to me, it's incredibly difficult but possible