PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition = Unicorn Hunter cheevo?

dspirit
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I do not possess any Unicorn Cars in my FM3 saves but i heard if you get the LCE Edition, they will provide you with a code to obtain a Unicorn car so you can get the Unicorn Hunter achievement. Is it true?

Crepsik
10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I do not possess any Unicorn Cars in my FM3 saves but i heard if you get the LCE Edition, they will provide you with a code to obtain a Unicorn car so you can get the Unicorn Hunter achievement. Is it true?

Yes you do get Unicorn Hunter when you import a FM3 savefile to FM4 if you have a unicorn car in the garage but I think the preorder bonus incentive thing for the RX-7 was for any preorder so you should have done that because now it might be to late

Mohegan13
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
He can still do the preorder incentive. It closes on the 14th when the game is officially released in Europe.

BrutishMuffin
10-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I think he's wanting to know if there is a unicorn car that comes in one of the collectors edition car packs. I'm curious too, since I have the collectors edition preordered and haven't decided over the regular edition or it.

dspirit
10-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I think he's wanting to know if there is a unicorn car that comes in one of the collectors edition car packs. I'm curious too, since I have the collectors edition preordered and haven't decided over the regular edition or it.
exactly what you said, im not talking abot LCE for FM3 but for FM4 as i heard they are packed with the lamborghini superleggera

Mette
10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
As far as I know, it is another lamborghini superleggera.

This is the one to import:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/photos/community/images/4772807/original.aspx

This is the one you get:
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
(see: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/)

Al those import cars (which are unicorns in Forza 4 as far as I know), are either unicorns in Forza 3 or DLC cars in Forza 3 which you have to have in your garage to transfer.

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 11:44 AM
exactly what you said, im not talking abot LCE for FM3 but for FM4 as i heard they are packed with the lamborghini superleggera

Not the same one though.

The Unicorn is the standard Superleggera, the LC one is the LP570-4 Superleggera.

dspirit
10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
oh, so the LCE of FM4 will not let u unlock the cheevo for unicorn hunter than. Thanks for the reply!

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 11:16 PM

no you dont. i have the CE and put in all the codes and did not get the achievemnet

SatNiteEduardo
10-13-2011, 12:00 AM
He can still do the preorder incentive. It closes on the 14th when the game is officially released in Europe.

With the preorder incentive the car is gifted in Forza 3..is that correct?

I sent in my receipt at the start of the week and have not gifts in Forza 3 yet.

joebern28
10-13-2011, 04:34 AM
I'm very confused by this achievement. My wife got me the game yesterday while I was at work, got to play for about 10 minutes today before I had to head to work again, ran the first race got an achieve and then imported my F3 profile over. Got another achieve for the import, but it only brought approx 6 or 7 cars into F4. Was surprised more cars didnt carry over, but was really bummed I didnt have a unicorn car in my garage apparently. How hard are they to come by?

SatNiteEduardo
10-13-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm very confused by this achievement. My wife got me the game yesterday while I was at work, got to play for about 10 minutes today before I had to head to work again, ran the first race got an achieve and then imported my F3 profile over. Got another achieve for the import, but it only brought approx 6 or 7 cars into F4. Was surprised more cars didnt carry over, but was really bummed I didnt have a unicorn car in my garage apparently. How hard are they to come by?

If you did not buy one in the auction house then you could only get one as a gift or prize from Turn 10. Some of my friends have been getting the achievement possibly for the VIP gift cars in Forza 3 (even though to my knowledge they were not unicorns but seem to work for this cheevo). They thought they did not have any unicorn cars in their garage so if this is not the explanation then it good glitches for some people. Problem for me is my FM3 save glitched when I upgraded to the Ultimate Edition so I lost all my gift cars but none were unicorns to my knowledge.

To my knowledge there are only a small number of levelling up cars from Forza 3 that come over plus any unicorns. In Forza 3 I believe yuo got a car for every driver level so up to 50 but not all of them come over to FM4.

Mette
10-13-2011, 06:20 AM
These 2 images contain all the cars that carry over:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/photos/community/images/4772800/original.aspx

Only the cars which are in the last image are unicorns which carry over and only with one of those 8 you can get the achievement.

Those are either Forza 3 unicorn cars or Forza 3 DLC cars and they have to be in your garage before you import into Forza 4.

You get the cars in the first list based on your level in Forza 3, but those don't pop the Unicorn achievement.

TwistedFate
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
These 2 images contain all the cars that carry over:

Only the cars which are in the last image are unicorns which carry over and only with one of those 8 you can get the achievement.

Only the middle 3 are unicorns.

Mette
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Only the middle 3 are unicorns.
Only the middle 3 are unicorns in Forza 3, however all of them (except for the secret car) are unicorns in Forza 4 and they should net you the achievement.

TwistedFate
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Only the middle 3 are unicorns in Forza 3, however all of them (except for the secret car) are unicorns in Forza 4 and they should net you the achievement.

The ZR1, 458 Italia, and LF-A are not Unicorns. You can buy them in the game for crying out loud. They MAY be glitched and count for that achievement, but they aren't Unicorns.

I checked and I do own more than 2 Unicorns and less than 5, so the Superleggera and Scuderia are probably counted.

Mette
10-13-2011, 12:16 PM
The ZR1, 458 Italia, and LF-A are not Unicorns. You can buy them in the game for crying out loud. They MAY be glitched and count for that achievement, but they aren't Unicorns.

I checked and I do own more than 2 Unicorns and less than 5, so the Superleggera and Scuderia are probably counted.
Yes your right. I did not check the list properly and I don't have the game yet as I am living in Europe.

I'm sorry for the wrong information.
It's the superlegerra and the scuderia (and the old unicorns) which are unicorns now.

TwistedFate
10-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes your right. I did not check the list properly and I don't have the game yet as I am living in Europe.

I'm sorry for the wrong information.
It's the superlegerra and the scuderia (and the old unicorns) which are unicorns now.

Eh, we were both wrong about parts. No worries.

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE
10-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Edit: Nevermind. Somewhere along the line I ended up with the Corvette ZR1, Lamborghini and Ferrari 430 in Forza 3.

SatNiteEduardo
10-13-2011, 11:36 PM

My forza 3 saved game got corrupt so I did a minimal level 50 saved game recently so I had no gift cars nor unicorns. Last night I bought the top 3 and bottom 3 cars from the "unicorn+dlc+secret car" list in Mette's post and got the unicorn hunter cheevo in Forza 4. When I loaded my saved game it said I had 3 rares and 3 "something else". All I know is if you buy the top 3 and bottom 3 cars in Forza 3 and load your save in Forza 4 you will get the achievement. I also have a title for owning unicorn cars so they count as unicorns in Forza 4.

If more information is needed I may be able to find out which are now counting as unicorns.