PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop pre-order game missing

lonewolf0913
10-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Did anyone else go to Gamestop today to pick up their pre ordered limited edition only to be told that the did not receive enough copies of the limited edition to fulfil their preorders?

When asking about the fact they have my pre order paid in full for over a month, I was told well if you got here sooner you would have got a copy...

Really?

So I'm now sitting $80 not in my pocket and still no game...
But it's ok, we'll get more in sometime...

thejiki
10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Game Stop is offing its customers. This is why I just go to Walmart at midnight and buy the game. That, and I get to play it earlier.

JetCityCobra
10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
For limited edition games, I never pre-order at a brick and mortar store. Those guys will nearly always mess something up.

I always order online and opt for the release day delivery because then they must ship it.

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution soon. :(

Evil Epyon
10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Thats a rather large part of why I took my business elsewhere, they are happy to take your money for a pre-order but they can't always guarantee that it will get you a copy. I just about exclusively order from amazon, no tax plus free release day shipping and preorder bonuses, and the added bonus of the game just coming to the house so I don't have to waste time at a brick and mortar store. I hope your issue gets resolved though, nothing worse than getting screwed by a GS

BadMotivatoR
10-11-2011, 10:07 PM
If they would have told me that I would have reached over the counter and grab the dude by his neck.

JRWEBBY
10-11-2011, 11:07 PM
That sucks man me and my buddy were the last two to get the Limited Edition copies at the GameStop we go too. The guy behind the counter looked at another employee and said "What do we do if someone comes in and wants a LE copy?" The other guy went "We will have to tell them to go to another store and see if they have them" If this was me I would have been PISSED.

Evil Epyon
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
That sucks man me and my buddy were the last two to get the Limited Edition copies at the GameStop we go too. The guy behind the counter looked at another employee and said "What do we do if someone comes in and wants a LE copy?" The other guy went "We will have to tell them to go to another store and see if they have them" If this was me I would have been PISSED.

What superb customer service

BrutishMuffin
10-11-2011, 11:50 PM
If it's any consolation, I work at GameStop and my district manager said I wasn't allowed to pick up my collectors edition copy so that a customer could. There's only so much a company can do if it doesn't get shipped enough copies of a game. It's not really GameStop's fault anyway, they were told how many they were allowed to preorder by Microsoft and then Microsoft didn't distribute enough to cover those preorders.

Dz06lt
10-12-2011, 01:31 AM
I was in my local GS store today, they told some guy he was lucky he in early because they didnt get enough either

softerxsin495
10-12-2011, 01:36 AM
That's just aggravating. I was at my local GameStop several days ago, preordering 3 games, and I raised this question to them as a concern, explaining to them that I've heard from many people bad things about order from GameStop and how they run out of copies, the guy responded to me it was all "fallacies". But clearly not. I've heard other bad things about preordering from GameStop, from multiple people. This concerns me now... I hope they don't expect me to pay them if they don't have my game copy. Because I would certainly have to laugh in their face, followed by me asking to speak to a manager and for their corporate number. I never hear about any other preorder issues from places except through GameStop. hmph.

Dz06lt
10-12-2011, 01:39 AM
if they dont have it you can get your money back so no worries there. Personally i rarely shop there only when i have a gift card and on that occasion i do preorder so i get a sealed copy. Since there opened "new" copies are never actually new

Fullmetalx07
10-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Wow, that sucks... Thank God I know everyone who works at my local Gamestop. They know always to make sure they have a copy on the side for me.

softerxsin495
10-12-2011, 01:50 AM
if they dont have it you can get your money back so no worries there. Personally i rarely shop there only when i have a gift card and on that occasion i do preorder so i get a sealed copy. Since there opened "new" copies are never actually new

Oh will they refund you?? I just don't intend on personally paying them for a game they don't have, no matter how much I want the games I've preordered. And yes, I've had that issue as well... I won't buy a new game unless it is sealed.

Wow, that sucks... Thank God I know everyone who works at my local Gamestop. They know always to make sure they have a copy on the side for me.

Lucky you! I used to shop at a Game Crazy when they had those around because I knew people who worked there, but they no longer exist :/

Fullmetalx07
10-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Oh will they refund you?? I just don't intend on personally paying them for a game they don't have, no matter how much I want the games I've preordered. And yes, I've had that issue as well... I won't buy a new game unless it is sealed.

Yes, you can cancel any pre-order for a full refund.

Lucky you! I used to shop at a Game Crazy when they had those around because I knew people who worked there, but they no longer exist :/

yea, there very few game Crazy where I live, and if you just keep going to the same Gamestop, the people who work there will eventually start to know you that's how I know a ton of people who work at Gamestop. lol

lonewolf0913
10-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh I know the people who work there.
I even talk to a few of them outside of GameStop.
I think that's the part that made me the most upset.

If you want to go with the argument of well it's not GameStop's fault blame Microsoft...
Let me ask this question.
Did GameStop have the games delivered on Tuesday? Because that is impressive that the mail would show up at the exact moment the store opened...

So I'm going to say it's safe to say that the employees all knew they were short by how ever many copies.

So as a GameStop employee who says we have 10 pre orders and 8 games (granted I'm making up numbers here...)

We could either let the customer know there is a chance they may not get the game before letting them drive in here...
OR... after they take the time to drive in we can just say OOPS blame Microsoft...

Because Microsoft should have known which customers pre ordered from us and notified you directly???

Microsoft may not have shipped the copies...
But my local GameStop who had no problem taking my money
and had no problem calling me last week to remind me to come in to pick up my game had no problem finding my phone number then...

But to take 3 seconds to call me so I don't waste my time and gas...
Nope can't be inconvenienced... Blame Microsoft...

I can accept blaming Microsoft for not shipping enough copies...
I can not blame Microsoft for poor customer service in not notifying me I wasn't getting my game...

GameStop is trying to make it right now... but still waiting for Forza and having 9 games still pre ordered as well as the Star Wars Xbox... knowing that this could happen again, and seeing how the Customer Service is don't notify them blame the manufacturer... I don't know that they can make this right by me...

Fullmetalx07
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Gamestop had they copies of Forza 4 since last week, so they knew how many they gotten before they can sell it.

lonewolf0913
10-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Even though it wasn't handled immediately.
I did receive a call from GameStop to try to fix the error.
After the conversation, I have accepted their offer, and I'm going to give them another chance.

Figured since I didn't have a problem venting on here when I felt they did wrong.

I wanted to also state that they are trying to do right by me now.

SuperSkyline89
10-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Gamestop is a horrible store with moronic employees.

When I went to pre-order the Limited Edition Halo 3: ODST the girl at the cash didn't even understand what game I was talking about.

Then when I went to get it (like you, about a week after release) they said they can only guarantee a Limited Edition until the day after release, after that you can have a normal one, not that anyone bothered to tell me this when I ordered it. The good thing was that while I was being told this there was a Limited Edition sitting right behind the guy saying it so I got one anyway.

First and last time I ever shopped at Gamestop.

If I order Limited Edition games I use Amazon, they ship it to my house so I don't have to worry about being at university and missing out, and even with the super saver shipping they ship the day after release.

Anthonymrb
10-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Gamestop is a horrible store with moronic employees.

When I went to pre-order the Limited Edition Halo 3: ODST the girl at the cash didn't even understand what game I was talking about.

Then when I went to get it (like you, about a week after release) they said they can only guarantee a Limited Edition until the day after release, after that you can have a normal one, not that anyone bothered to tell me this when I ordered it. The good thing was that while I was being told this there was a Limited Edition sitting right behind the guy saying it so I got one anyway.

First and last time I ever shopped at Gamestop.

If I order Limited Edition games I use Amazon, they ship it to my house so I don't have to worry about being at university and missing out, and even with the super saver shipping they ship the day after release.

Speak for your Gamestop. The one in my town is amazing. All the employees are very friendly, manage the store extremely well, and are all friends. They also are very good at remembering customers. I actually enjoy going into my Gamestop because they will all just talk to you for a while.

GShater111
11-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Did anyone else go to Gamestop today to pick up their pre ordered limited edition only to be told that the did not receive enough copies of the limited edition to fulfil their preorders?

When asking about the fact they have my pre order paid in full for over a month, I was told well if you got here sooner you would have got a copy...

Really?

So I'm now sitting $80 not in my pocket and still no game...
But it's ok, we'll get more in sometime...

Hello, I just want to ask what is the status of this query? Did you ended up getting your limited edition from Gamestop?

I know this thread is for FM4, but I just want to get your (or anybody's) input because I am basically on the same boat.

I preordered Metal Gear Solid HD Limited Edition for PS3. Gamestop promised that they will give me a call as soon as it came out. During the release day (Nov 8), GS never call me. I assumed that it must be a very busy day for them since it was also the release of MW3. I took the initiative to go to the store anyway, but I ended up going home without the game as the representative stated that there was a problem with the shipment and the only available copy were the regular edition for PS3. She also mentioned that it's even worst for 360 version because neither the regular nor limited made it to the store.

I came back the next day, again without them calling me first and heard the same story.

On Sunday, Nov 12th, I received a voicemail from Gamestop that the limited edition came in however they are short of 1 copy. They will treat it as first come first serve basis and they also noted that the 1 short copy was still in the mail. Long story short, when I got there I happened to be the last person, so still no copy for me. (I was very disappointed) Since I was the last one, they wrote down my number so they can call me specifically when the last limited copy arrives.

I called them twice since my last visit over there and now it's almost 2 weeks and yet they still don't have it! During one of those phone conversation, the guy told me that I can refund my $10 deposit if I don't want to wait any longer since he can't do anything about it.

I preordered the game so I can guarantee to get the limited edition. They go about twice the price now if I opt to Ebay. Refunding my $10 doesn't make me satisfied. This is really ridiculous. Is there anything I can do? Please help!!!:(:(:(

SuperSkyline89
11-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Use Amazon for pre-orders from now on instead of Gamestop.

lonewolf0913
11-26-2011, 11:47 AM
In answer to your question,
I did get my copy of Forza 4
I was suppose to be able to pick it up on Tuesday morning.

I was able to get it on Friday evening after work.

When you called Gamestop, did you talk to a manager there to see what the expected time to wait is?

You might be able to see if the manager will contact other locations to try to find a copy for you as well.

Just a thought

In a different case, the district manager was able to track down an item for me that wasn't available at my local gamestop.

Bencho
11-26-2011, 07:30 PM
That's terrible man, I've made my pre order at amazon some time during the end of June and it arrived on the supposed date with no problems at all