PDA

View Full Version : Autovista

JetCityCobra
10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I tried the Autovista mode out this morning and oh my goodness!! The cars look spectacular and I just love the narration by Jeremy Clarkson!

My question though is:

After looking at everything and listening to every word by JC, the achievement didn't pop. Am I missing something? Anyone else have an issue with this?

Thanks in advance :)

Sylon00
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Did you also do the challenge for the car? I just did the 458 one, even though the car is already unlocked. Get into the car, start it up, and you will be prompted to run the challenge.

I just got the achievement to pop soon after that, once I figured out that I didnt do any of the interior things.

JetCityCobra
10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
I'll have to give that a try.
btw: I don't have Kinect...

Thank you

Sylon00
10-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I dont have Kinect either, shouldn't matter.

Also, I'm not sure if taking a picture of the car counts towards the achievement, but I did that as well.

Galdius
10-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I dont have Kinect either, shouldn't matter.

Also, I'm not sure if taking a picture of the car counts towards the achievement, but I did that as well.

It's not necessary to take a picture of the car.

Sylon00
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM
It's not necessary to take a picture of the car.

There you go, that mystery is solved. Thanks, I wasn't too sure, just thought I'd mention it.

I love how you can start the car, but I wish you could rev it on your own. Still, its so f'in cool.

JetCityCobra
10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I earned this one this morning by doing it on the Delorean. I'm not sure why it wasn't unlocking on the other cars I was looking at... I must have missed something somewhere.

Picked up the other achievement during the challenge for this car too!! :p

martyrdon
10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah, you have to look everywhere for the prompts Low on wheels and bumpers, to the left and right inside the cars. they all have different points but fairly easy to catch them if you just look at each side carefully

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I seem to recall that on the 458 there is an interior 'hot spot' that only becomes available after you start it. At least, I remember searching everywhere in the interior to find them all so I could save the key spot for last, and then noticed another one after I fired it up.

Sylon00
10-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I seem to recall that on the 458 there is an interior 'hot spot' that only becomes available after you start it. At least, I remember searching everywhere in the interior to find them all so I could save the key spot for last, and then noticed another one after I fired it up.

I think thats the challenge. After starting the car up, a steering wheel icon appears and selecting it gives you the option to do the challenge.

The challenge is the same one that would have been done to unlock the car.

esckalayd
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Last night with the 458 i did the challenege and circled the car multiple times clicking on everything even changing the color. Also, went inside and the listened to JC about the inside hotspots and started the car and still no go. Seems like there is a lot of "grey" area with this achievement :uzi:

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I think thats the challenge. After starting the car up, a steering wheel icon appears and selecting it gives you the option to do the challenge.

The challenge is the same one that would have been done to unlock the car.

I should have clarified that it was something other than the challenge. But again, I'm thinking that I just missed it the first time 'round.

Edit - after getting a chance to look at autovista again, what I'm remembering is the 'shut off' hot spot. It moves to a different location from the start spot on some of the cars.

Demolition D
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with troubles with this one. I will try a different car. I did the 458, looked at everything, and did the challenge. We'll figure it out!

And thanks to all who have posted help