PDA

View Full Version : DLC Impressions

tripleb2k
10-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Haven't had a chance to Download this DLC yet. I would like people impressions on it. Too short? Good story? Stupid bosses? Fun exploring? Anything and all is welcome. Hopefully won't get too many trolls ;)
Anyways, any feedback would be great.

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Finished it right now. Lenght is around 3 hours and 30 minutes (fully exploring and solving the puzzles). Story is meh... Although it features some hilarious lines for Garric. Mmm... Waffles. There is only 2 bosses and a few mini-bosses but they are all quite easy for my lvl 50 characters :D Also some new mechanics (stealth mini game) but they end up being gimmicks. But I recommend it if you are a die hard fan of DA2

waxc3
10-12-2011, 02:19 AM
I had a great time with it. The achieves were easy. The puzzle was undoable without the link posted on here. The stealth was lame like all stealth but it didn't effect the achievement if you got caught, just popped you back a few feet.
Felicia Day did a great job and her character was excellent. All of the combat was fun. Getting into the mansion was neat. The dogs should have been an achievement. The colored doors was an annoyance as were the tiles.
I wish each dlc added a new level cap. The dlc has some very high level weapons and armor and accessories. I'm randomly babbling. The dlc was well worth my time and money!

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah you get crazy good armor in this DLC if you go to the vault and solve the puzzles but like I said: my characters were lvl 50 so :P
Oh and if you need help I already wrote an achievement guide here :D
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335129

Xx Duuuke xX
10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
I enjoyed this one more than legacy. Felicia is awesome and the achievements are quite fun ;) - 9/10 from me

Rajeanero
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
finished and completed it last night (yeah i live in germany) and i like the mota-dlc. the best of the da2 dlc so far. I think at least one dlc will still appear, because of the odd gamerscore.

Scotty
10-12-2011, 01:36 PM
just started it now and first impressions are very good. i quite like the story its refreshingly different, and the elf woman is a good new character who can hopefully be used as a companion post-DLC but i doubt it.

The Elite Elite
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I rather enjoyed it. The story was interesting, the environments pretty and unique, and Tallis was a good, interesting character. I hope we get to see ms. Day and her character again in the future. I have to say with this and Legacy, I think BioWare has learned from their mistakes with DA2. Hopefully they keep it up.

PETER DRAGON
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Somehow I didn't get the achievement for baiting the wervynn near the chateau but got all the others, seems to be only one bait spot.

surreal_82
10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
got about half way through last night, and am enjoying it so far, may have to do again as regrettably I thought id start a new char as well for it, rinsed legacy to get a few cool bits and stuff but mainly as the only main cheeve i need is supplier grrr.

However regretting it as others have said decent loot, fair few chests that at level 12 or so I cant touch etc so will def need a new play,

However It is thouroughly enjoyable, felicia can be a bit hammy occasionally but generally good performance, and not an exact clone of the ME2 DLC.

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Somehow I didn't get the achievement for baiting the wervynn near the chateau but got all the others, seems to be only one bait spot.

Check my cheevo guide. You probably lured a regular wyvern instead of the Alpha.

Ryuukishi
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I rather enjoyed it. The story was interesting, the environments pretty and unique, and Tallis was a good, interesting character.
I agree with this. I also thought that this was the funniest Dragon Age quest yet, maybe it's because I played as the sarcastic personality but there were several lines that made me laugh out loud, including one fantastic Mass Effect reference. I wouldn't say anything in this DLC was radically different from the basic Dragon Age II experience, so if you didn't like the game this won't change that, but if you did enjoy the base game this is a good purchase.

Scotty
10-12-2011, 07:15 PM
have to agree on the funny of this, ive just met a tranny elf!

francisrossi
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I got a nice, now trademark, game-breaking bug at the door to the vault. BioWare's standards have really gone downhill since EA bought them.

Wicelow
10-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I think at least one dlc will still appear, because of the odd gamerscore.
Maybe even 2.

It may be totally random but in the room with the statues used to trigger Legacy and Assassin, both of them are on top of some carpet thingie, and there are two more with nothing on them...

1 more DLC with 130G to reach 1500.
And one last bigger/longer DLC with a full 250 maybe ??

On topic, close to the end of the DLC and LOVED IT !

darkkloud23
10-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I cant figure out why, but it wont let me start the mission. I go to the statue and it asks me if I would like to start mark of assassins and I choose yes. Then it tells me, quest complete????? Whats happening here?

mark197205
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Maybe even 2.

It may be totally random but in the room with the statues used to trigger Legacy and Assassin, both of them are on top of some carpet thingie, and there are two more with nothing on them...

1 more DLC with 130G to reach 1500.
And one last bigger/longer DLC with a full 250 maybe ??

On topic, close to the end of the DLC and LOVED IT !

I was thinking the very same thing.

Darth Obnox
10-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Solid dlc. I liked the novelty of the new enemies and the puzzle sections. Managed to get through the tile puzzle without a guide using my handy waste-an-hour-trying-to-figure-it-out-then-start-bashing-random-things-until-it's-solved technique.

shinobigarth
10-15-2011, 07:10 PM
liked it too. apart from Felicia being in it being a big reason, it was fun and felt like an outright adventure, more so than Legacy to me. got a nice new armor set thats better than Fortress, and loved Varric's dialog a lot.

Waffles!!

OrchestructionX
10-16-2011, 04:43 AM
Great DLC I still preferred Legacy but that's not a bash at all on MOTA which was still amazing.

Crowleyman
10-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok. Dumb question. Was there a point to the color puzzles and the picture tile puzzle? I got the treasure from the center room with the fire, but I can't seem to find anything new now that those others are complete. And what's with the pictures appearing in the frames?

ReverendSID
10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok. Dumb question. Was there a point to the color puzzles and the picture tile puzzle? I got the treasure from the center room with the fire, but I can't seem to find anything new now that those others are complete. And what's with the pictures appearing in the frames?
The pictures show you the solutions to the three tiles puzzles in the central room. So if you just looked at the pictures in the guide here, the side rooms are all totally pointless.

As for my impressions of the DLC, I'm going to have to totally disagree with the majority of posters in this thread. I felt it was a complete waste of my time and money. The story felt like they just copied the Katsumi's Stolen Memory DLC they did for ME2. Oh look! A big party being hosted by a bad guy who's hiding things. And we're going to sneak in and steal something, but I'm not going to tell you what's really going on until we get caught and it all goes to hell! Please. Aside from the armor from the Vault puzzle, I found no items that were better than what I already had from Legacy or the first item pack. And while Varric did have a few good lines & I got a couple laughs out of it, it in no way felt like it was worth $10. And Tallis was annoying as hell.

tripleb2k
10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Only annoyance I had with this DLC was the fact Tallis was a duel wield rogue which made my duel wield rogue pointless. Taking on the Alpha Wyvern led to mulitple deaths because rogue are always so weak. Always hate DLC's where your forced to team up with a character who makes your character pointless (unless it's a Warrior).
2 mages or 2 rogues in 1 party rarely works well against powerful enemies in the DA series. Wish there was someway to fix that.

Scotty
10-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Only annoyance I had with this DLC was the fact Tallis was a duel wield rogue which made my duel wield rogue pointless. Taking on the Alpha Wyvern led to mulitple deaths because rogue are always so weak. Always hate DLC's where your forced to team up with a character who makes your character pointless (unless it's a Warrior).
2 mages or 2 rogues in 1 party rarely works well against powerful enemies in the DA series. Wish there was someway to fix that.

not neccasarily pointless, i took isabella and my dual wielding rogue, so yeah, three of us, plus anders.

tripleb2k
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM
not neccasarily pointless, i took isabella and my dual wielding rogue, so yeah, three of us, plus anders.

Pointless may not have been the right word, but it can be difficult without a tank to take damage.

KryptoAcid
11-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Loved the DLC and if you take Merrell, she makes a comment about how she is so happy to be out of Kirkwall since it looked all the same. Nice to see the BioWare realized their mistakes and can make fun of themselves.

BILE1418
11-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Had so much fun playing the DLC.

saintlyjoker5
11-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Out of all three playable DLC's this one is my favorite, just because the humor that is involved in the DLC. I find it too short like most dlc's but then again i find the game too short just because there are so many unanswered questions. it is defiantly worth buying none the less

StyledBear
01-28-2012, 10:31 PM
deinately felt like a good dlc mission, seperate yet still akin to the game. however, wrong character choice. Another dual wield rogue... Isabella is there already. Where the hell is my evil damage mage? i hate anders fgs

funny and enjoyable but didnt add anything long term to the game, more of a day out than a supplement to the game

JayneCobb
01-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I got a nice, now trademark, game-breaking bug at the door to the vault. BioWare's standards have really gone downhill since EA bought them.
That they have. It's a shame, too... such a promising company. With any luck (for the gaming world, not for EA) eventually they'll make enough money that they can independently publish. Of course, we're still waiting to see the results of the IW people leaving Activision... But yeah, EA is built off of milking sequels and getting slightly improved versions of formerly good games out every single year with as little development as possible. Bioware is better than that, I hope.

JayneCobb
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Hey, thanks for all the input, everyone. I just finished the main game for the first time a few minutes ago, and based on your generally positive reviews I think I'll get MOTA next time I have a free weekend.

sicklyplague
04-11-2013, 07:29 AM
After playing it i thought it was a nice piece of story dlc. It gave a glimpse into a bit more of Qunari society and actually made you feel a bit more sympathetic to those who believe in the qun. Makes you wonder if some of the lore mentioned will come to pass in the third game.

Also Felicia day is awesome.