PDA

View Full Version : Better than Forza 3?

BrassBallz
10-12-2011, 02:14 AM
I have every car unlocked and a gazillion $$$ in Forza 3. Is Forza 4 a huge improvement or just another incremental update like COD has become? My copy will arrive from GameFly tomorrow so I will judge for myself but I'm interested to see what others think.

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Just the demo alone was a huge step above 3 as far as I'm concerned.

The full game can only be better. Autovista, new cars, new tracks, new upgrade options, new vinyl shapes, car clubs; it's better in every possible way.

lostmotiv
10-12-2011, 03:01 AM
i think forza 4 is a huge improvement over forza 3, i almost couldn't stand playing forza 3 anymore. everything in forza 4 just seems so much more polished. i'm not really a fan of autovista though i think it's kinda boring...

Darth Cuda
10-12-2011, 09:21 AM
I dont see any improvement personally. But before everyone goes apeshit on me, there is nothing wrong with its predecessor. I played the demo it was good but didnt seem like anything more than a version update for 3. Granted it was ONLY a demo, but enough to make me realize I can wait 6 or 8 months and get it when its 20.00. To anyone who bought it enjoy i just couldnt get into it not to mention about 400 hours of rpgs backlogged I cant spare a racing game the time it deserves.

Demolition D
10-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't say ground breaking, but there are nice improvements enough to buy! You are credited money from F3. Depends on how high of a rank you reached. And ALL your store purchases from F3 can be imported to F4. And some cars from F3 too. The ranking system is slightly better. After each race there is a BONUS. It will cycle through then gives it to you.

500 cars. They say you only should have to choose the ones you want. There is a achievement to have a car to rank 50. You are easily able to track your progress with this.

I say BUY.

svgwrestler
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
The improvements are far more noticeable in the F-C class cars and on race tires. I noticed a difference in the demo when racing as the BMW in rivals mode but nothing like the difference seen in the low end cars.

The rest is graphics and a few new modes which you likely know about

MxPx
10-12-2011, 11:01 PM
FM4 is a lot more customizable. In FM3, you had to play through boring races with lame cars you didn't enjoy driving. In FM4, every race gives you an option of multiple cars/classes to use. Much more enjoyable.

And the perks for levelling up are way nicer. FM3 was like what, 10% discount increase every time you level a car by that manufacturer up? In FM4 its 25%.

I put about $50k of performance mods on my Civic for free, because I had a 100% discount of performance parts.

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
FM4 is a lot more customizable. In FM3, you had to play through boring races with lame cars you didn't enjoy driving. In FM4, every race gives you an option of multiple cars/classes to use. Much more enjoyable.

I think that is what's going to make the biggest difference, Forza 3 was too rigid and that made it get boring after a while.

One question though, I know that you have the option of what car to use at each location in the World Tour mode but is there still a giant event list where you have to race each event with a certain type of car?

MxPx
10-12-2011, 11:37 PM
There is definitely an event list.

It seems that each little box on the Event List refers to multiple races...but I am unsure whether those races are specific cars. It seems like you need 3 races at a certain track/event to get the checkmark, but you might still have the option of racing multiple classes at that track/event.