PDA

View Full Version : Microsofts logic please explain

Darth Cuda
10-12-2011, 02:15 AM
I understand they are trying to force everyone to buy a kinect but whos idea was it to integrate screen shifting when you turn your head left/right? Did they ever even stop to think about the obvious? If you are looking in that direction you are nolonger looking at your tv. You are looking at whatever is to your right/left. Forza 3 could do that, granted it took 3 tvs 3 xboxes and 3 game copies but stleast it mafe sense. Yeah its a cool trick but for the person playing its worthless.

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 02:42 AM
It's really not worthless . . . it's actually a really cool feature and something found on high-end simulators. On a race track you usually look towards the apex of the corner you are entering (ie, where the car is actually going) instead of straight ahead.

It will take some getting used to, though - the amount of head movement needed in FM4 is much less than you would think. The main problem I have with it is it gets confused with my hands and steering wheel being closer to the sensor than my head is.

But if you really don't like it, you can just turn it off.

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 11:26 PM
I understand they are trying to force everyone to buy a kinect but whos idea was it to integrate screen shifting when you turn your head left/right? Did they ever even stop to think about the obvious? If you are looking in that direction you are nolonger looking at your tv. You are looking at whatever is to your right/left. Forza 3 could do that, granted it took 3 tvs 3 xboxes and 3 game copies but stleast it mafe sense. Yeah its a cool trick but for the person playing its worthless.

i hope you know this but just cause you head turns, doesnt mean your eyes do to, so you can keep looking at the tv when your head is turned.