PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 02:52 AM
MARK OF THE ASSASSIN DLC

Cost: 800 MSP ($10) Achievements: 5

DISCLAIMER: This guide was written to supplement the retail achievement guide and should not be used without written permission from the author or website admin.While kept to a minimum, it does contain slight SPOILERS so continue at your own risk.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vBkOpeOELWw/TnNKxjGXrvI/AAAAAAAAEgo/hQKqrcYgk0w/s1600/Untitled.png

Overview/Roadmap:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
- Offline: 5 (120 :gsicon: )
- Online: 0 (0 )
- Approximate time: 3-4 Hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Missable achievements: 3 (Chasing the Game, The Take, Blackjack Subtle)
- Does difficulty affect Achievements? No
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None

Introduction:
In Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin DLC Hawke joins an elf named Tallis (voiced by Felicia Day) to steal a jewel from an Orlesian aristocrat. This DLC features additional locations and dungeons and new enemies as well as several side quests and new items.

Breakdown:
The Mark of the Assassin DLC can be started at any point during the regular game, including after you have completed the main story, however it takes place during the last part of the story (for example they noted Anders' manifesto when I hadn't even met Anders). There are five achievements, three of which are missable. They are listed in the guide in the order they are obtained.

Conclusion:
This DLC is slightly longer than the Legacy DLC and altough it features fun new banter for the characters it feels a little disappointing story wise. In terms of content it gives you a new armor and a belt that are very powerful. There is a new mechanic that is a Stealth driven part of the DLC however it feels gimmicky and unnecessary and overall the gameplay is still the same of the main game. But the achievements are easy so hey, why not? :D Have fun!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/thumb/0/07/A_New_Day.png/64px-A_New_Day.png A New Day - 15 :gsicon:
Story Related and can't be missed

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/thumb/1/1c/Chasing_the_Game.png/64px-Chasing_the_Game.png Chasing the Game - 30 :gsicon: MISSABLE
You need to collect 5 items in order to face the Alpha Wyvern. Otherwise you'll face a regular Wyvern. These are often hidden in the side roads of the Hunting Grounds East and West. You should check your progress in the journal.
There are 3 items in the first Hunting Ground map you come across:
- Dead Dragon: go up the hill to the right, right when you start the hunt. Kill the dragons and it's there.
- Blood: Continue the path from the dragons and it's also on the hills just before the descent towards the dog owner who gives you a side-quest.
- Mating Call: take a left into a hidden path (it's on the map thought) after coming across the first hunting party with the hounds.

The remaining two are on the second Hunting Ground Map:
- Half-Eaten Halla (Carcass): Follow the path to the right when you start. It's on the right of the map under some trees.
- Wyvern Dung: in a lake on the way to the Wyvern. Can't miss it. It's a huge pile of feces steaming.

Finally you MUST choose to use all the items when Tallis asks you what you want to do. (Thanks to Symp0s1um for reminding me of this)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/thumb/b/bf/Blackjack_Subtle.png/64px-Blackjack_Subtle.png Blackjack Subtle - 15 :gsicon: MISSABLE
You must choose to sneak instead of fighting your way through otherwise you'll miss the achievement. You need to avoid the guards or knock them out. This is done by using the Distract and the Knockout abilities. Beware they take time in order to be used again. Time your moves right and you should have no problems. This part is divided into several areas. If you are detected you teleport to the beginning of the area you are in. THIS DOES NOT VOID THE ACHIEVEMENT (Thank you Xx Duuuke xX , waxc3 and Heroic Blanket for the confirmation). The Cook does not void the achievement. You should get the achievement ONLY when you complete the gate puzzle at the end (it's very simple).

Video Guide by RoosterTeeth:
Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin DLC - Blackjack Subtle - YouTube

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/thumb/2/2a/The_Take.png/64px-The_Take.png The Take - 30 :gsicon: MISSABLE
This is missable as if you leave the Dungeons directly to the cave through the fissure you cannot return. Instead, go to the vaults.
The color puzzle is very simple and easy however the image tile puzzle is the most difficult thing in this DLC.
Solutions to the puzzles:
Image Puzzle:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4607/20111012023410.jpg

1st (North puzzle in the map)
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3450/28746326074016632691201.jpg

2nd (Puzzle to the East in the map)
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3285/34138126074053033601201.jpg

3rd (Puzzle to the West in the map)
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2082/28705826074073434111201.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/thumb/1/1f/Mark_of_the_Assassin.png/64px-Mark_of_the_Assassin.png Mark of the Assassin - 30 :gsicon:
Story Related and can't be missed. You can make the battle easier by poisoning Leopold in the castle. To do this when you meet the cook in the sneaking part, send her away and add the following (watch the small counter that hovers the items carefully):
- Lutefisk x4
- Navet x5
- Old Cheese x3
Mix the 3 and put the potion in Leopold's rations nearby the table with the Navet. This poisons Leopold and makes him easier to defeat.

Phoenixfire1030
10-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Good thing I just double checked before I posted my guide I just finished lol. Its a good guide, and I don't think I could have done any better. Just need to fix that text coloring.

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 02:57 AM
It's done :D

Erunion
10-12-2011, 04:39 AM
Ugh, wish I'd figured that out about poisoning Leopold. My Hawke got KO'd halfway through the fight. >_<

Also wish secret DLC achievements didn't mess up the checklists the way they do.

Symp0s1um
10-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Chasing the Game is still missable even if you have all the items. You have to choose to use all of the items when given the option.

Inebriated Jedi
10-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm having some issues with The Take. None of the puzzle solutions will work for me, even though I know they're correct. I opened the colored doors and fought the golems and everything. Does anyone know what's wrong? :(

Reggiez
10-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Nice to be able to read and use a good and well written guide this quickly. Just started playing this new DLC last night but it was of to a good start. I do like that they are adding new areas instead of reusing ones in the city.

Great work mesosteros. :)

Xx Duuuke xX
10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Awesome guide but you don't have to reload if you get caught on "Blackjack Subtle", I got caught 2 or 3 times and still got the achievement in the end.

waxc3
10-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Yea for blackjack I got caught once, reloaded. Got caught again and thought "screw it" then was caught like ten more times. Never reloaded again and still got the achieve.

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Chasing the Game is still missable even if you have all the items. You have to choose to use all of the items when given the option.

Forgot about that and fixed it.

If anyone can confirm to a 100% that Blackjack Suble is not missable because you simply restart the area you were detected in, I'd appreciate that you informed so I can update the guide.

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm having some issues with The Take. None of the puzzle solutions will work for me, even though I know they're correct. I opened the colored doors and fought the golems and everything. Does anyone know what's wrong? :(

Perhaps you are confusing east with west or the entire direction because of you characters location in the map?

Did you solve the other tile puzzle (the one you create an image)? If not I'll upload an image on how to solve it as well.

Heroic Blanket
10-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Forgot about that and fixed it.

If anyone can confirm to a 100% that Blackjack Suble is not missable because you simply restart the area you were detected in, I'd appreciate that you informed so I can update the guide.

Blackjack Subtle is only missable if you choose to fight your way through.

If you choose to go stealthy, even if you get caught it just teleports you back to Tallis and you will still get the achievement after finishing the gate puzzle.

mesosteros
10-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Blackjack Subtle is only missable if you choose to fight your way through.

If you choose to go stealthy, even if you get caught it just teleports you back to Tallis and you will still get the achievement after finishing the gate puzzle.

Thanks for the info. Added to the guide :D

Ryuukishi
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Make sure you are oriented toward the fire when you're flipping the tiles. I couldn't get the first one to work, until I realized I was facing away from the fire instead of toward it, and putting in the solution upside down.

Inebriated Jedi
10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Perhaps you are confusing east with west or the entire direction because of you characters location in the map?

Did you solve the other tile puzzle (the one you create an image)? If not I'll upload an image on how to solve it as well.

Yes, I solved the large puzzle too. I know I have the other ones correct because they match the paintings.

Make sure you are oriented toward the fire when you're flipping the tiles. I couldn't get the first one to work, until I realized I was facing away from the fire instead of toward it, and putting in the solution upside down.

I think that's what I did wrong. I'll try this out, thanks!

ddrlenz
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
I seem to be having an issue, I have all of the items...but at the Wyvern lair Tallis keeps telling me I won't summon a big one.

I checked the Journal and it shows all five items as being obtained...

Any help or suggestions?

Firemist
10-15-2011, 12:46 AM
I seem to be having an issue, I have all of the items...but at the Wyvern lair Tallis keeps telling me I won't summon a big one.

I checked the Journal and it shows all five items as being obtained...

Any help or suggestions?

You need to use all of them at once.

ddrlenz
10-15-2011, 03:29 AM
There is no option to use them all at once...

Firemist
10-15-2011, 04:51 AM
It should be on the left side of the wheel, on the bottom. Are you sure you have everything?

shinobigarth
10-15-2011, 07:02 PM
There is no option to use them all at once...
if theres not then you likely dont have all ingredients.

Darth Obnox
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I haven't seen anyone else comment on this, and it isn't achievement related, but... is there something to the spot in the dungeon with the three statues standing in front of the closed portcullis? Varric will have some commentary for it, but nothing else obvious seems to stem from this. Unfinished puzzle, maybe?

ShadowBlade1488
10-18-2011, 02:58 AM
I haven't seen anyone else comment on this, and it isn't achievement related, but... is there something to the spot in the dungeon with the three statues standing in front of the closed portcullis? Varric will have some commentary for it, but nothing else obvious seems to stem from this. Unfinished puzzle, maybe?

I was looking at the Dragon Age wikia site earlier today and the only way to do that quest is if you have Isabella with you.

Reggiez
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes, ShadowBlade1488 is correct. There are actually several character specific quests in this DLC and the three statues are one of them. Not wanting to spoil it for anyone I will only say that the three statues are cursed pirates in need of aid from a sea captain. :)

Darth Obnox
10-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Ah, one of those. Thanks for the replies! :)

PsychicHorns
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I had Aveline with me and her quest seemed to end quite abruptly, although it seemed to leave the door open for some more DLC involving her.

Reggiez
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes I had Aveline with me as well. I really thought they would say more about her quest then they did. I hope they continue to work on that thread in some other DLC add on. :)

Okeem
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
awesome guide, the puzzles would have been ridiculous to do without the pictures.
cheers

Headless Snip3r
03-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Very fun DlC Thanks for the great guide. Made The Take achievement very doable. I would have never gotten that without help. Very nice armor it was holding too.

emwsabre52
04-08-2012, 06:15 PM
thanks a lot

ADenton109
05-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the guide finished it all now brilliant!

BlueHg
05-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Good looking guide, thanks.

mrberrem
05-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Bit late to the party, having put this game on the back burner. But the guide is great, thanks for the efforts.

RhondaG
07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks, new to gaming, this guide is great