PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Halo to date?

Cooljoe
10-12-2011, 04:09 AM
So, what is your favorite Halo and why?

DarkReign2021
10-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Halo: Combat evolved is definitely my favorite. The campaign was just perfectly built:

The levels were all extremely open and made linear-designed levels feel like you were still making choices.
Enemy distribution was perfect so that you never felt overwhelmed in a cheap way and tough situations were solved with skill and not just blind luck.
The mystery of exploring the Halo ring was still fresh since it was the first game (though CEA looks like it may just bring that mystery back, which is what I'm most excited about.)
The soundtrack was absolutely gorgeous and had a good balance of Rock tracks and alien-sounded tracks.
The graphics for their time were absolutely superb. Halo: CE had the best graphics technically and artistically of 2001.
The glitches and manipulations in that game made it even better than it was supposed to be. Things like Warthog launching and luring a banshee into the control room were what made Halo: CE the king among games and gave it a life span that has reached from 2001 all the way to 2010 without growing stale. I still personally play Halo: CE on a regular basis to this day and going into anniversary will be more like meeting my best friend after her trip to the salon.

RBmaster9345
10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I never had H2 online so I cant be like 80% of my friends and say that. Im gonna have to go with H3 since I had so much goddamn fun with that game. Reach may be the most recent title but somehow the Halo-haters gained steam and made it so everyone hates it. I never find anybody online anymore and theres far too many teamkilling or quitng trolls out there.

DarkReign2021
10-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I never had H2 online so I cant be like 80% of my friends and say that. Im gonna have to go with H3 since I had so much goddamn fun with that game. Reach may be the most recent title but somehow the Halo-haters gained steam and made it so everyone hates it. I never find anybody online anymore and theres far too many teamkilling or quitng trolls out there.

Unfortunately Rage Quitting is in every game. it's a bi-product of this generation of gamers*.A lot of the gamers that didn't start gaming until the 7th gen consoles and don't have any sense of honor or respect toward the community at large. if you had been able to experience Halo 2 online you would've found that Rage quitting was a rarity. The 4 years I played Halo 2 online I can honestly say I barely remember anybody quitting out of matches. Same goes for Wolfenstein, Unreal Championship, Crimson Skies, Chaos Theory, and every other multiplayer game I ever played on Xbox. Same goes for PC gaming (though I find the PC community to be far more respectful to this day than the XBL community has ever been unfortunately. The result of parents allowing their snot-nosed brats to play Xbox Live I suppose.*)

*Disclaimer: This accusation toward the issue of Rage Quitting does not apply to all 7th generation gamers. All gamers are unique individuals and not all children are disrespectful or bad to play with. The bad kids know who they are, so if you honestly believe you don't apply, than this is not directed toward you.

RBmaster9345
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
More angry about the teamkilling/troll trend. A quiter could actually help your team in some cases but a troll never helps

DarkReign2021
10-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Can't say much toward the team killing aspect. They've unfortunately always been around on Xbox Live. It honestly really is a terrible community to be a part of. I miss the old days playing Unreal Tournament and Starcraft where you never had to worry about stuff like that. But I guess the trade-off is worth it to be able to play with a controller from my couch and not have to pay thousands every year to upgrade hardware. Just gotta deal with the live community and hope some good people come out of it.

LickableLemons7
10-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Xbox Live. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Except for PlayStation Network. And Mos Eisley.

I enjoyed the hell out of all games in the original trilogy. The campaign for CE is by far one of the best goddamned story lines I have ever seen in a video game (that's not saying much though, I haven't played too many games, the other ones competing for the title of best story mode in my book are Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect, and Bioshock.) Now that I think about it, ODST's campaign was fairly good as well... nah, CE was by far the best. And that's why I'll be getting Anniversary day one. The best multiplayer wise in my opinion was Halo 3, but according to the rest of my friends, Halo 2 is the best, and I can understand that. It's just that I've never played Halo 2 online. Hell, I never even had Halo 2 when it first came out. I sold my original Xbox in early 2004, I think(an attempt to earn more money, I still miss the thing too...). So I went to a friend's house some Friday night's and a fair group of us sat in the guy's basement and played Halo 2 multiplayer. Good times.

Here's to Halo 4's campaign being a mind exploding ride.

Awesome Series - Awesome Reach - YouTube

N7 Shadow
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
^lol

Halo 2. The endless hours spent playing online with friends (clan mainly) made it my favorite of the series. Playing Big Team Battle with my clan was the best of times online. Zombies was a fun discovery lol same with glitches and being competive in Team Slayer. Downside was the modding but nothings perfect I guess =/ Nevertheless it's my favorite to date and I don't think it will ever change. The memories are just too great for me to replace.

:bbut::xbut::rtbut:

Ty-Rex
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Halo 2. Glitches and customs every day after school.

X Dboi X
10-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Halo 3, Had an amazing online when It came out, Was my first Xbox 360 Game and spent so many hours on it. Still play it now and again, This along with Call of duty 4 are my fav all time games.

DarkReign2021
10-13-2011, 03:51 AM
^lol

Halo 2. The endless hours spent playing online with friends (clan mainly) made it my favorite of the series. Playing Big Team Battle with my clan was the best of times online. Zombies was a fun discovery lol same with glitches and being competive in Team Slayer. Downside was the modding but nothings perfect I guess =/ Nevertheless it's my favorite to date and I don't think it will ever change. The memories are just too great for me to replace.

:bbut::xbut::rtbut:

It's disappointing that the Clan functions never made comeback after Halo 2. You would think this is something Microsoft would've implemented into the 360's online functions by default, but when it didn't I figured Bungie would at least bring it back. Organizing clan matches is a bit of a pain in the neck these days.

Matt36
01-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Halo 2. My first experience in online play. Still love that game <3

theNomad
01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately Rage Quitting is in every game. it's a bi-product of this generation of gamers*.A lot of the gamers that didn't start gaming until the 7th gen consoles and don't have any sense of honor or respect toward the community at large. if you had been able to experience Halo 2 online you would've found that Rage quitting was a rarity. The 4 years I played Halo 2 online I can honestly say I barely remember anybody quitting out of matches. Same goes for Wolfenstein, Unreal Championship, Crimson Skies, Chaos Theory, and every other multiplayer game I ever played on Xbox. Same goes for PC gaming (though I find the PC community to be far more respectful to this day than the XBL community has ever been unfortunately. The result of parents allowing their snot-nosed brats to play Xbox Live I suppose.*)

*Disclaimer: This accusation toward the issue of Rage Quitting does not apply to all 7th generation gamers. All gamers are unique individuals and not all children are disrespectful or bad to play with. The bad kids know who they are, so if you honestly believe you don't apply, than this is not directed toward you.

Yeah I must be honest Rage Quitting has increased but then again so has the sheer amount of online players, back in the doom 2/quake/unreal/halo 2 days nobody seemed to quit and online gamers back then seemed to be a touch more hardcore. I guess a few newer reasons as well are players don't want to get negative stats (for landing dire pug team mates or being down to fewer players) or they got a game variant they didn't want picked.

As for my fave Halo do I have to pick, its like picking a fave kid they've all brought me joy and even a few tears, but I've loved them all. Lets hope 4 is an evolution on the entire series best facets.

Coadster1
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Halo 3. Too many good memories on it.

bethelyoda
01-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Halo: CE. I'm 27, and when I went to college, I was introduced to Halo via my roommate. The game was balanced. Everybody running around with pistols...and nothing else created a lot of that balance. No other weapon was needed. And as a previous member posted, the quirks of invincibility during overshield charging and vehicle invincibility just lent the game a lot of replayability.
Anyone else spend days just dicking around with warthog launching?

The first game of ANY series is always going to be the best. It introduces you to a fantastic new world. Don't confuse the awe and mystery of a new world with the anticipation of completing a story arc.

gmangamertime
01-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Halo: Reach. It really is the best a perfect goodbye.

Barad
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
I've only played Halo 3 and Reach, liked 3 a bit more. I own CEA and plan to play it soon but doubt it's anywhere near as good as 3 or Reach seeing as it's a remake, which is fine.

ajennice
01-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Uh.. Halo 3... we played it for hours everyday. Unfortualtely it also came with the hackers. People bragging about hacking their console and playing early, selling lvl 50's, just anything that could ruin a legit player's time. And the crackling lobbies of nit wits and kids... trash and momma talk fromthe time you enterd till the game started. Just endless hoards of loosers talking just for the sake of hearing themselves.... I'm sorry turned into what I hates about halo...LOL... Still love halo3.. I'll judge onthe game and not the MP.. Great graphics, storyline, mechanics...Basically what a game should be... not too real, but not super mario either..

MixMaker1
01-11-2012, 06:33 AM
I've only played Halo 3 and Reach, liked 3 a bit more. I own CEA and plan to play it soon but doubt it's anywhere near as good as 3 or Reach seeing as it's a remake, which is fine.
It is. But there will definetely be some primitive gameplay things that may make you feel that way.

Halo 1 was king! But Halo 3 was my personal favorite as well. 1 is superb though.

Zeozordon
01-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Wel this is a tough one, I liked all of them and there are many reasons to choose each one fo them.

I love RTS so having a RTS in the Halo universe was awesome for me, and it was fun playing the story Line of the First 3 Halo and then ofc I only started playing it online in Halo 3 so there my new love for the game was born. I loved the ranking system and the achvievements.

So now I would have to say because of the ranking and customising of your character and just a little bit the story line I have to say Halo: Reach is my favorite for online but when it comes to story and game play I will go with Halo 3.

AU Unit
01-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Halo 3, but only because it is the only one I've actually played.

nicky6314
01-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Haven't played very much Halo 2, so can't say much about that. But otherwise, probably Halo 3. Loved the multiplayer and the campaign was really fun with friends.

iBuzz7S
01-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I started with Halo 3 and enjoyed every moment of it. That is and will always be my favourite.

So many hours played, online, co-op and campaign.

Matt36
02-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Played them all since the original. Enjoyed the 2nd the most - both on & offline :)

Dz06lt
02-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Reach followed by ODST

A Dubb
02-07-2012, 03:02 AM
mine is halo 3 because it was the first halo game i got, and in my opinion it was just a great overall game. i loved the campaign, the ranking system was sweet, and i loved multiplayer.

Darkforce412
02-12-2012, 02:55 AM
halo 3 was the most iv spent playing in my life hours and hours of halo so i pick halo 3.

fax5jrj
02-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Halo 3. I've played Halo 2 multiplayer, but not much of it. The thing is, I didn't really see much difference between the two. Not really sure why all of the people obsessed with Halo 2 always bitch about Halo 3. Anyway, Halo 3 is my favorite because it had great custom games and forge. I'm not really sure why they downgraded the custom games in Reach, since that's what made the game so replayable for so many people.

Halo 3's campaign was the worst in the series, but that's not saying much, considering all of them are great. The multiplayer was awesome, though, with really good maps.

Phoenix 057
02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
halo 2 the campaign was awesome and lots of ways to have fun online and off with super jumps in multiplayer campaign glitches

DarkReign2021
02-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Halo 3. I've played Halo 2 multiplayer, but not much of it. The thing is, I didn't really see much difference between the two. Not really sure why all of the people obsessed with Halo 2 always bitch about Halo 3. Anyway, Halo 3 is my favorite because it had great custom games and forge. I'm not really sure why they downgraded the custom games in Reach, since that's what made the game so replayable for so many people.

Halo 3's campaign was the worst in the series, but that's not saying much, considering all of them are great. The multiplayer was awesome, though, with really good maps.

I felt what made Halo 2 and Halo 3 different was the physical presence in each game. Weapons, Maps, and Features:

The weapons were fewer in number, but they all stood as unique entities in the series. None of the weapons in multiplayer were clones of other weapons. In Halo 3, you had SMG and Spiker, Plasma Sword and Gravity Hammer, Shotgun and Mauler, Fuel Rod Cannon and rocket launcher. The only clone weapon in Halo 2 was the BR and the Carbine. On top of that, Halo 3 introduced weapons like the Spartan Laser. I personally feel the Splazer destroyed H3's multiplayer single-handed because Halo has always been about the vehicles and the Splazer was grossly over powered, over accurate, and it pretty much just made vehicles into ticking timebombs instead of effective tools of destruction.

Halo 2 had what were easily the best maps in the entire series. You ask any longtime fan of the series what his favorite maps were and you're likely to hear a list of Halo 2 maps rattled off. The team that built the Halo: CE and Halo 2 maps actually left Bungie after the game launched to form their own studio, but they were contracted to do all of the map packs for Halo 2 as well, but they had no hand in Halo 3, ODST, or Halo: Reach (They did, however, design the Halo: CEA maps remakes and I believe the Defiant Map Pack set for Reach.) Halo 3 (and Reach for that matter) were weak because the levels weren't very interesting, the weapon layout never felt completely competent, and maps with any significant use of vehicles (not talking about maps that added a single mongoose or Ghost) were very sparse, which is disappointing because I felt Halo 3 had an excellent variety of vehicles at it's disposal with the addition of the Hornet, Chopper, and Anti-Air Wraith (Prowler doesn't count since it's actually just a repurposed Spectre from Halo 2.) Personally I think the Chopper is the coolest vehicles in the series and I was disappointed that it wasn't in Reach. It never got much use in Multiplayer either outside of Sandbox.

Last, I think the novelty of unique features had an effect on the popularity of the games. In Halo 2, new features included Vehicle Boarding and Dual-Wielding. These were both neat in their own way and they both had a practicality to them in Combat. By time Halo 3 rolled around, people that had H2 were used to them and nobody else really cared about it because Dual-Wielding drastically weakened their singular use due to balancing issues and Vehicle boarding was useless since nobody really used vehicles. The addition of the Heavy Weapons was neat, but ultimately it was just a couple new guns. Equipment was much the same way. A couple like the Bubble Shield were nice, but most of them were actually quite worthless and never lived up to the hype they were given pre-launch.

For people that got Halo 3 as their first in the series, I can understand why it was so revered. It is a great game, but for those of us that started our career on Halo 2 (or even Halo: CE, we've been their growing up with the series and the jump between Halo 2 and halo 3 honestly was a baby step or even a step backwards in some people's opinions.

MixMaker1
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
For people that got Halo 3 as their first in the series, I can understand why it was so revered. It is a great game, but for those of us that started our career on Halo 2 (or even Halo: CE, we've been their growing up with the series and the jump between Halo 2 and halo 3 honestly was a baby step or even a step backwards in some people's opinions.
I LOVE the Halo 3 campaign though. But Halo 2's campaign was quite amazing as well. It's tough.

For MP, NOTHING - and I repeat - NOTHING - will ever top my experiences with Halo 2.

RichC
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
I Love them all but i like reach the best with H2 coming in a close second

MixMaker1
02-28-2012, 09:34 PM
I Love them all but i like reach the best with H2 coming in a close second
Reach had a fun campaign, but it's story wasn't nearly as Epic as I wanted. That being said, I LOVE Reach, but Halo 2+3's story lines were just pure awesome.

Der Fuhrer
03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Halo CE was the best, multiplayer, even just LAN, was phenomenal, and the campaign is still the best shooter campaign I have ever played. Halo 3 and Halo 2 are right there as well but the campaigns were quite as good in my opinion.

DMR117
03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I love Halo 3 with a passion great memory's with friends. Its just one of those games I will never forget.

fastNcurious
03-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Halo 3's multiplayer. Campaign was ok; hated the parts with the flood. Multiplayer was so much fun, in particular the custom games.

Reach just wasn't as fun, didn't like the Forge World concept which made all custom maps look too similar, and just didn't have as much people playing custom games.

ChickinOnaChain
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Halo Reach for me. I tried Halo 3 and didn't care for it but Reach was fun...even better in co-op.

TwiliTerror
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I have to say I like all the Halo games (excluding the board game... haha had to say it) CE(A), 2, 3, Wars, ODST, and Reach.

Have to say the best stories would be CE and ODST, granted I didn't get to play CE until the anniversary edition (Pretty much when Wars came out I thought "I'd bet money on it they'll remake the first game" Really wish I bet money on that). Just discovering Halo, encountering the Covenant, releasing the Flood, the quirkiness of Guilty Spark and all together made a good story. ODST I found as a good story since you're playing as characters you'd usually see die on your Legendary runs of the other Halos and seeing them kick butt for once. Not to mention it shows you how the overthrow of the Elite started on Earth a bit. I will never understand how a regular soldier can carry a dismounted turret faster than a genetically altered soldier in mechanized suit that they are practically integrated with though.

Wars would probably have been a good story if there wasn't many canon mistakes in it, like MJOLNIR IV having shields even though that feature didn't come til version V, plus it leaves a major cliffhanger that we will probably never see in a Wars game (Heard someone mentioning something looking similar to Spirit of Fire in one of the Halo 4 trailers, so I hope they explain that somehow in 4). 2 & 3 have weak stories without the other (no offense) just 2 ends with the worst cliffhanger ever and 3 has a lot of stuff that wouldn't make sense unless you played 2 (Then again most people that picked up 3 probably didn't even play campaign since they only wanted multiplayer, no offense to anyone).

Reach on the other hand I will have to say was good but not CE/ODST good. Reach was interesting because you took control of a different Spartan instead of Master Chief as well as not an ODST like the Rookie. Just that it being a prequel to the trilogy it left a lot of things unanswered without getting info from the Legendary edition items. Like why was there Skirmshers in Reach but not CE, why were there no Drones in CE but in Reach (in low quantities), why did the Covenant replace some of there weapons or got rid of them entirely? (Needle Rifle honestly seems better than the Carbine, can see why they gave up Focus Rifle for Beam Rifle as well as gave up the Repeater entirely, not so much the Plasma Launcher) or why the UNSC never used the Grenade Launcher (I'm hoping we'll see a variant in 4) or why Fuel Rod Guns and Swords are never explained why they don't explode or stop working entirely respectively (Was kinda hoping Anniversary would have explained that bit, but unfortunately it did not) I still find the story pretty good and would have been better if it was more refined before its released.

The new features brought from every game definitely made it more interesting (regardless the hate from some people) Jacking was one of my favorites, being able to take that vehicle from an enemy, though I didn't enjoy when you jacked a Warthog/Spectre/Prowler since it would only eject the person and not put you in his/her place (which I'm glad they redid in Reach though only really seen with the warthog), was a bit sad there was no way of jacking the Scorpion or Wraith and instead just latching on to destroy it, who knows maybe we'll see that in 4, hate blowing up a tank that I could use. Dual wielding, I dunno, it just seems like it was kind of a gimmick sometimes at least with the BR around (I'll say it I don't mind the BR being back in 4, just don't want it to be the weapon you mostly only seen used, but this is the thread for it, so not going further) Equipment was interesting but some of them were a bit overpowered (Bubble Shield), too annoying (Flare, messed with my eyes) or did not see much use in game (Radar Jammer, Portable Grav lift, and Trip Mine), the rest were fine. Firefight, overly awesome concept and refined a bit more in Reach (though wish they tweaked the matchmaking ones more). Armor abilities... I think were a good idea with exceptions like: Active camo should have never been an ability maybe a different one with the radar jammer with like color changing or something I dunno; I like Armor Lock as it is with the TU update, without it it is a bit overpowered; Hologram I find very fun to use but usually only works if the person is far away or isn't paying attention (since only the host of the game will see holograms as red dots while others will see any as dimmed yellow or greyish dots, they need to fix that) the others I feel are fine that only need to be tweaked a little bit.

Overall I can't wait for 4, but I am bit worried the direction the multiplayer might go considering some of things said in the trailers. Guess I'll just cross my fingers~

Bergashnurga
03-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Halo 2 for sure. It seems like that was the only game i played for 3-4 years. Until Gears of war came out, Halo 2 was the only game worth playing on xbox live. Halo 3 recreated the same experience to an extent (better than reach) but 2 is still probably my favorite

SuperSkyline89
03-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Out of the main trilogy Halo 3 was always my favourite, it felt the most epic to me. The cutscenes were by far the best (and still are IMO, Halo Wars might be graphically better but not as a whole) and I never once felt like what I was doing wasn't important. Even when you had to backtrack like in that level right after The Storm (when the Flood crash-land on Earth) everything looked and felt different so it didn't feel like backtracking.

CE had that wonder factor to it but it was too repetitive. There were too many corridors and too much backtracking and unlike Halo 3 not enough to distract you from that fact.

Halo 2 was too drawn out, I absolutely loved it right up to the point where you arrive at those giant structures in the lake. From there it just felt watered down, like I was walking around aimlessly for at least half the time. And I absolutely despised that boss battle at the end, this isn't Donkey Kong, that kind of thing doesn't belong in Halo.

I really loved ODST also. The feeling of playing as an ODST, the musical tone, the atmosphere of the city; it all just fits so well together. And Firefight just sealed the deal, I've never had so much fun online as playing Firefight.

Reach on the other hand was a disappointment. The campaign was fun for a while but in the end it wasn't an epic journey like Halo 3 was. It was more about humanity being caught asleep and struggling to salvage what they could. Obviously that kind of thing has its place in the Halo universe as a whole but it doesn't make for a truly good game. And the fact that the game basically spit in the face of the established story really pissed me off. I know they've made some work-around but as far as I'm concerned it's a load of BS. The other thing I hated was the multiplayer. Not the actual gameplay but the fact that they just used the exact same campaign maps and that Firefight was customizable. The maps got boring very quickly and just knowing I could turn on invincibility in Firefight totally destroyed the sense of accomplishment for me. Reach really is the worst Halo game I've played. And I don't mean that in a "It sucked but it's Halo so it's better than most other game" way, I mean I'll probably never play it again whereas I've played through Halo 3 and ODST a couple times just for the memories.

ReaLiStiiC
03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I never had an XBOX. So I only got to play Halo: CE and Halo 2 when I was over at my friends houses. But when I got my Xbox 360, Halo 3 was one of the first games I bought/played.

So Halo 3 has to be my favorite as the others weren't as big of a deal to me as it was more casual play. (I was like 13 or so when Halo 2 was out.) And Halo 3 really sparked my multilayer instinct and achievement getting.
Halo 3: ODST was a cool take on the series but personally wasn't really needed imo. It did add firefight but I'm not that huge of a fan.
Halo Reach: I played and was fun, don't get me wrong but I was used to 3 and I didn't mind the changes at first, but eventually kinda just was a drag. I'm hoping 4 goes back to 3 more then anything.

I enjoyed every Halo game in the franchise. Just Halo 3 was my favorite.

MixMaker1
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Out of the main trilogy Halo 3 was always my favourite, it felt the most epic to me. The cutscenes were by far the best (and still are IMO, Halo Wars might be graphically better but not as a whole) and I never once felt like what I was doing wasn't important. Even when you had to backtrack like in that level right after The Storm (when the Flood crash-land on Earth) everything looked and felt different so it didn't feel like backtracking.
Agree'd. I love Halo 3.

The Destroyernatorer
04-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Single player:

Halo
Halo 3
ODST
Reach
Halo 2

Multiplayer:

Halo 3
Reach
Halo (Epic Blood Gulch PC LAN battles ftw)
Halo 2
ODST (not really a fair comparison)

Overall Halo 3 was the pinnacle of the series if you ask me, but I'm more into the MP side of the game.

Teh Phantomz
04-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Halo CE was my first halo but I would have to say Halo 3 being my first online experience on Xbox. 2 years it was all I played.

One Winged Joker
04-08-2012, 10:27 AM
My best memories are from Halo 3. It was one of my first experiences with my Xbox 360, and I had an overwhelming feeling of hugeness when I faced those two Scarabs at a time.

The most heart-touching for me was Halo: Reach, though. It still gives me shivers every time I remember Émile saying "It's been an honor, sir" to Carter, when he ordered Émile and Noble Six to get off the ship, that implying his inminent death. Now that's a true leader.

Blink
04-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I never played the original CE or Halo 2 (didn't have the original Xbox). Halo 3 was my first insight to the series, and that's why it's my favourite.

Reach was okay, but it took some getting used to.

StillTIPPIN187
04-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Halo 2 for MP

Reach for SP

ODST for Music

Halo 3 = Most hated PoS by me

OG HALO CE = Good for its time.

THE KURGAN
04-19-2012, 08:07 PM
2, 3, ce, reach, odst

Spengler PhD
04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Halo 3, that was the game that made me a fan of the franchise

Dirt Dog
05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Halo: CE. I'm 27, and when I went to college, I was introduced to Halo via my roommate. The game was balanced. Everybody running around with pistols...and nothing else created a lot of that balance. No other weapon was needed. And as a previous member posted, the quirks of invincibility during overshield charging and vehicle invincibility just lent the game a lot of replayability.
Anyone else spend days just dicking around with warthog launching?

The first game of ANY series is always going to be the best. It introduces you to a fantastic new world. Don't confuse the awe and mystery of a new world with the anticipation of completing a story arc.
Great post, especially the part I bolded. It's kind of a given that 95% of the time the first game of a series is going to be the best, because if you think about it, if the first game sucks, they won't bother making a sequel. The first really has to kick ass and do something unique to lay the groundwork for the future of the series.

A rare exception I can think of is I consider San Andreas superior to III just because of the vast number of improvements, and even then it's a close one.

Back on topic though, definitely CE for all the reasons you stated.

Gman2
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Halo 3.

Super fun campaign co-op, super fun multiplayer. Fun achievements. Fun all round

niko da bos
05-01-2012, 09:34 PM

agreed, i loved to play halo2 on splitscreen with friends (beaver creek FTW!) but never played it online. ended up getting gold subsciption around when halo3 was released, loved that game so much and couldnt even count how many hours i spent on it.

halo reach for me was great fun for the first month or so, quickly got stale. the armor abilities were something different, but after a while i realized how much i despised them. to me it just seemed like bungie completely screwed halo, then left 343 the problem.

things like people negating my perfectly thrown sticky, half of the enemy team camping with active camo, people jetpacking around like brutes on steroids ect.. lol, also the community took a turn for the worse:confused:. (also the maps were not my cup of tea, and the DMR = peashooter). lol

ZingZitang
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd have to say Halo: Combat Evolved is my Favorite Halo, Very Closely followed by Halo 2.

These are my Favorites simply because the amount of Memories and Fun My Friends and I had playing them.

We Played Halo CE and Halo 2 over LAN until Halo 3 came out.

Getting 16 people, 4 or 5 Xbox's and 4 or 5 TV's together in my friend's Garage and Playing all night long was Always a blast. In fact it became so Prevalent that in Highschool our LAN Parties(Halo parties we called them) usually Attracted more people than typical HIghschool parties.

My Highschool Class was pretty small(~70 people), so there wasn't a lot of the segregation you see in most schools(jocks/nerds/outcasts - just about everyone played sports, and just about everyone played Halo, and Everyone knew everyone)and the greatest thing about Halo was that it attracted everyone, even the Girls.

This is why Halo CE and Halo 2 are my Favorites. Because of the Memories.

Every other Halo Game is Fantastic in My opinion, but by no fault of their own, they just didn't Create the memories like the first two.

Shadowzsn1p3r125
05-16-2012, 11:03 PM
To me every Halo had something that I liked that wasn`t in another Halo. My favorite might be Halo 3. I think so because when I first got and xbox and started playing it on Christmas day, it brought me back to the good times I had from Halo 1 and 2. So this is probably my favorite for campaign. Since I have not played Halo CE or Halo 2 multiplayer, my favorite multiplayer is from Halo Reach. Sorry Halo 3 but your multiplayer was just a little different than what I like.

Rep
05-16-2012, 11:12 PM

Same here but I actually enjoyed Reach a lot more.

Kunduz
05-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Halo: Combat Evolved, bloody good time with friends back in the day...

menopsycho
05-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Well... hmm... all halo games are my favorite! They are all different and are all awesome... although, I do think that Halo: CEs campaign is the best and that Reach's campaign is the worst (there's almost no mystery in the story, and I know many people don't like them, but I missed the flood)

Come to think of it, ODST is slighly inferior to the other games, but it isn't a full game, per se, so...

Phenomenaldeath
05-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I freaking love Halo 3. It was just awesome.

HellspawnRei
05-23-2012, 02:24 AM
The first Halo is my favorite,bought it with original Xbox.
After that is Reach and ODST,yes ODST for some unknown reason i liked it alot.

WipeoutBoy1
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Halo CE has the best campaign.
Halo 2 Best multiplayer ever.
Halo 3 poor campaign & utter crap multiplayer.
Halo reach average campaign & amazing multiplayer.
ODST = garbage.

fiber2501
05-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Halo combat evolved was hands down the best. Not only was it the best story of the series but at the time also the original. They may have upgraded graphics an all now an some better guns but it still was simply amazing. And now they have the remake which is just as great!

SYLVESTER SLICE
05-30-2012, 01:06 PM
As far as multiplayer is concerned I'm Halo 3 all the way.

Guardian, Pit stop, Last resort, Narrows, Sand box...every map was amazing for multiplayer. Well thought out and designed for specific game types and styles of play.

Does anyone else think for future releases they should release map packs of previous games? So a "Halo 3 map pack" , "Halo 2 Map pack" etc.