PDA

View Full Version : Car Explorer achievement

SamuelSnake
10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi guys. I know this is an easy achievement to acomplish but i don't know why, i explored a car every inch and when i finished i didn't get the reward, no matter how times i try. Any ideas? Thx a lot. :)

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Did you do the challenge for that car aswell :confused:

Also dont forget to close all doors etc and turn the car off :woop:

That should see you unlock the achievement :locked

SamuelSnake
10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Great i just did that (with another car diff as the one before) and i got the achievement. Thx zinadine. :)

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Great i just did that (with another car diff as the one before) and i got the achievement. Thx zinadine. :)

No problem :woop: Enjoy

TwistedFate
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Did you do the challenge for that car aswell :confused:

Also dont forget to close all doors etc and turn the car off :woop:

That should see you unlock the achievement :locked

I can confirm, you don't need to do the challenge, nor close doors, or turn engine off to get this. I did none of these when I got it. No challenge done, door was open, it popped when I started the engine.

SamuelSnake
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Maybe my mistake was quite from autovista before finishing the full view. Maybe it can't be resum from when u left it and the moment u get another car, and u fully view it without quiting, the achievement pops up. Anyway, glad i have it now. Thx again. ^_^

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I can confirm, you don't need to do the challenge, nor close doors, or turn engine off to get this. I did none of these when I got it. No challenge done, door was open, it popped when I started the engine.

Was just giving different options as mentioned in the other thread that worked for other people :)

So you didnt look 360around the car etc?? Just got in, started the engine and it popped :confused:

TwistedFate
10-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Was just giving different options as mentioned in the other thread that worked for other people :)

No worries, I was just confirming that it wasn't necessary before the internet made it gospel that it was necessary. You know how rumors become fact in .01 nanoseconds around the web.

So you didnt look 360around the car etc?? Just got in, started the engine and it popped :confused:

No, I looked at everything. It didn't pop on my first walkaround, so after verifying I got everything on the outside, I got back in and saw that I missed the start button. So I started it, and got the achievement. If I hadn't found the missing point, closing the engine bay and frunk was my next guess. They were both open.

Fat Pat 666
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
i need a vid, kuz this isnt unlocking for me

martyrdon
10-12-2011, 05:26 PM
make sure you look carefully at all Points on the car and be sure to click on all of them. Go completely around the car looking at bumpers and wheels also then get in and look left and right for point to click on. if you click all of them you'll get it if not you simply missed one somewhere, go around again...

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Another thought - the first thing I did on the first car was to try out each color option, and then I went around the rest of the car. Since I popped the achievement on that first car, I don't know if it was actually necessary to change the colors.

To help out those that are stuck, can anyone confirm that they got the achievement without choosing any or all of the other color options?

the ferenczy
10-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I have fully viewed 2 different cars and finished the challenges for each and no achievement. Annoying.:mad:

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
My apologies if this is just stating the obvious, but I didn't see it specifically mentioned above, and if it can help someone better to say it.

In addition to getting into the interior, you can zoom in on the opened bonnet/hood and boot/trunk by pressing the move stick forward. All of the cars have at least one hot spot on the engine.

TwistedFate
10-13-2011, 12:18 AM
To help out those that are stuck, can anyone confirm that they got the achievement without choosing any or all of the other color options?

I can confirm you don't need to change colors.

Here is what I did
Started Autovista
Chose 458 Italia
Got in Drivers seat
Walk around the outside clicking data points as I go
Opened Engine bay when I got to it.
Opened Passenger door and got in when I got to it
Opened frunk when I got to it.

When I got around to end it hadn't popped, so I got in drivers side again and found a data point I hadn't selected.

That's it. Never closed a door, never shut the engine bay or frunk. Achieve popped when I started the car. ONLY THE DATA POINTS NEED TO BE SELECTED, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. If you don't get it, you haven't found everything.

iiPaDFooT
10-13-2011, 09:08 AM
i was having trouble getting the cheevo to pop. i hit all the data points on the outside. i changed the color. i hit the data point on the engine. i opened the engine bay. opened the trunk. opened the passenger door. opened the driver door. got in the car. hit the data point on the gearshift. then started the car. nothing. i did the challenge. still nothing. then i came back and did it all again. the cheevo finally popped when i got IN on the passenger side. you actually have to GET IN on BOTH SIDES of the car. don't know if that's obvious, but it wasn't to me. so just thought that might help anyone else having trouble getting it to pop.

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
i was having trouble getting the cheevo to pop. i hit all the data points on the outside. i changed the color. i hit the data point on the engine. i opened the engine bay. opened the trunk. opened the passenger door. opened the driver door. got in the car. hit the data point on the gearshift. then started the car. nothing. i did the challenge. still nothing. then i came back and did it all again. the cheevo finally popped when i got IN on the passenger side. you actually have to GET IN on BOTH SIDES of the car. don't know if that's obvious, but it wasn't to me. so just thought that might help anyone else having trouble getting it to pop.

+1 I can confirm this worked for me too.

disguised custard creams
10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
love lookin at cars

esckalayd
10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
I got this cheevo with the LFA...one thing i notice is that a different hotspot/interactive icon popped up when i started the car (not including the "wheel" for the challenge) Once i clicked on this i got the achievement

JetCityCobra
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
I too was having difficulty with the 458 and the LFA.

Here is how I solved it and earned the achievement:

I went to the Delorean and completed its challenge.
Clicked on each bullet point starting with the Top Gear Icon.

This car doesn't have very many points so it might be the easiest one to earn this with.

You can also earn the "outtatime" achievement by completing the challenge before entering Autovista as well.