PDA

View Full Version : Wheel or Controller?

Demolition D
10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I thought I would start this for guys who are unsure. I can say for me, I LOVE the new Xbox wheel! It is very receptive! I would love to have a Fanatec Wheel with pedals and shifter. But I don't see me throwing down the cash for it.

This is the first time I used a wheel. It takes just a few laps of practice to get the hang of things and use the in car view. It has enhanced the F4 experience!

POINT: Never used a wheel? You wanna try it but not sure? I'm here to tell you this novice driver loves the wheel.

Hopefully there will be more opinions on both sides in the thread to help anyone out.

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm glad to hear that it works well. I have a Fanatec Porsche wheel for my main setup, and I love it - but I may pick one of these up to use on another 360. It's in a bedroom, and there's nowhere near enough room for a full wheel setup back there. This would work perfectly for that, and it sure would be nice to have a second wheel for some of the co-op stuff in F1 2011 . . .

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I just bought an Intec wheel from Best Buy for this game. It took me two days of horrible crashing and coming in last place to get used to it but now I can manage medium easily and can do decent on hard.

I don't exclusively use the wheel though, more like half the time. I'm just way faster with a controller and if I feel like drifting I have to use a controller because I haven't developed my wheel skills that far yet.

juniorvarsity33
10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
FWIW: I haven't played a racing sim since GT on PS2, but I played the Forza 4 Demo at Best Buy the other day just as the employee was hooking this controller up for the first time: http://gear.ign.com/articles/119/1199735p1.html, and I had a BLAST. The turning was very responsive. Just my $0.02...