PDA

View Full Version : Does Hiring a driver not gain you xp

Annihil88torr
10-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I haven't tested out hiring a driver yet, but there's a track where I always come in 3rd place on hard. So far i've done just about every track on hard and am level 11,but just curious because I just can't do this one track on hard.

MxPx
10-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Try a different car?

I believe you still get exp, but at a much lower rate.

TwistedFate
10-13-2011, 12:06 AM
FM3 gave no XP for hired drivers. I can't imagine they went back to giving XP for 4.

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 12:11 AM
You you get no XP for hiring a driver nor do you get any of the challenges towards Badges or Titles

Daniel55645
10-13-2011, 03:34 AM
FM3 gave no XP for hired drivers. I can't imagine they went back to giving XP for 4.

shit i hope so. i havent paid attention. i love hiring a driver when im just too tired or for really long races. forza 1 and 2 did. gonna test it out now, will edit once race is over

you do not get any xp (driver or affinity)

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Couldn't imagine why you should get any xp for hiring a driver. Totally defeats the purpose of the game. This early into the game you should have no trouble finding races that you actually do want to race yourself anyway.

MxPx
10-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Couldn't imagine why you should get any xp for hiring a driver. Totally defeats the purpose of the game. This early into the game you should have no trouble finding races that you actually do want to race yourself anyway.

I suppose some of us might not be that early in the game any more. ;)

There's gotta be people who are already through with their 9th or 10th seasons, if not further.

disguised custard creams
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
if its anything like the other forza's u will earn money but less xp

TwistedFate
10-13-2011, 09:04 PM
if its anything like the other forza's u will earn money but less xp

As has been stated NO XP, like Forza 3.

STEALTH USA
10-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Yes it does give you xp, was doing a hired driver race, yesterday and today and leveled up both times. I verified by checking xp before the race and after, it did go up.

TJ

Daniel55645
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM

forza 2 let you do it and no it doesnt. theres plenty of races that i wanna skip. doing 6 laps around the full silverstone lap. and being in the 6th year isnt early in the game

TwistedFate
10-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Yes it does give you xp, was doing a hired driver race, yesterday and today and leveled up both times. I verified by checking xp before the race and after, it did go up.

Here is what I just did:
11,985 XP to go
Hired driver for race
Hired driver for race
11,985 XP to go

You don't get XP when you hire a driver.

forza 2 let you do it and no it doesnt. theres plenty of races that i wanna skip. doing 6 laps around the full silverstone lap. and being in the 6th year isnt early in the game

Considering the length of the game, 6th year is quite early. If you are tired of driving already, Forza may not be the game for you.

Daniel55645
10-15-2011, 01:21 AM

TJ

only you could have gotten xp is by the race giving you say a 2000 bonus xp but you dont get xp from the race itself

eiVaL
10-17-2011, 02:32 AM
you DO get XP towards both your Driver Level and the Car's Affinity, the bonus has nothing to do with it, the bonus i just received was simply CR added on to the CR i got for the race, after the driver took his 4000 CR cut

the only issue with Hiring a Driver is, like my thread about drivers points out, they arent aggressive enough and normally get stuck behind the pack since you always have to start in 8th, even tho if you keep watching after the race is done he normally works his way up front(since you normally have the best tuned car and have the fastest lap times) theres hardly ever enough time in the 2-3 laps to actually win

but the cool thing about this game is, you dont have to actually win(place first) to advance in career.

Daniel55645
10-17-2011, 03:09 AM
you DO get XP towards both your Driver Level and the Car's Affinity, the bonus has nothing to do with it, the bonus i just received was simply CR added on to the CR i got for the race, after the driver took his 4000 CR cut

the only issue with Hiring a Driver is, like my thread about drivers points out, they arent aggressive enough and normally get stuck behind the pack since you always have to start in 8th, even tho if you keep watching after the race is done he normally works his way up front(since you normally have the best tuned car and have the fastest lap times) theres hardly ever enough time in the 2-3 laps to actually win

but the cool thing about this game is, you dont have to actually win(place first) to advance in career.

No you DON'T gain XP. i check after a race. amount needed was still the same. only way you get XP is if the race said like "Driver: +2000XP" then you will get that 2000 XP for the race and that's it

Matt36
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
No you DON'T gain XP. i check after a race. amount needed was still the same. only way you get XP is if the race said like "Driver: +2000XP" then you will get that 2000 XP for the race and that's it

Exactly right!