PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Drift

TealPavelski
10-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Anyone else having as much trouble as me getting a perfect drift? I know how to drift, I just can't get a perfect. I have gotten 3/4, just can't get that 4th score.

If you have done this, which car and which track did you use?

toddycst
10-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Having the same problem. Saw a solution over on TA, but it was no help.

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Anyone else having as much trouble as me getting a perfect drift? I know how to drift, I just can't get a perfect. I have gotten 3/4, just can't get that 4th score.

I haven't played at all yet but when I was going for the 100,000 drift point achievement in Forza 3 I found that the Ford RS200 was a monster drifter bone stock. I'd give it a try on Fujimi Kaido, lot of opportunities to perfect the drift there.

Maldastar52
10-13-2011, 04:22 AM
I got it during a rivals drift event with the Top Secret S15 on Suzuka. Spit out a 8,500 point drift chain and got it.

Daniel55645
10-13-2011, 04:51 AM

my god that achievement was hard. heres how i did it
go buy a drift tune up from the store front (mine was for the '99 honda civic and the tune up was named "achievement plz")
go to the indy 500 oval track and pick up lots of speed and in one of the turns, hold or tap a however you do it better and it takes 5000 points to get 4/4 drift
(turn drift points by pausing the game, go to HUD, and at the bottom turn drift hud on

mgorsi
10-13-2011, 04:58 AM
yea am having trouble with this as well. The most i ever got was 2/4 for drift, and i just finished season 4. I thought i should have gotten it naturally like others, but so far no go.

Xorak
10-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Ya i found in Forza 4 the Drift is based on points. Each range of points represents a square in the meter. To get awesome drift you need to get above 3000 points in a single drift chain.

0-500pt= 0 squars
501-999= 1 square
1000-1999= 2 square
2000-4999= 3 square
5000+ = 4 squares (Awesome Drift)

HARLEM135
10-13-2011, 05:45 AM
go buy a drift tune up from the store front (mine was for the '99 honda civic and the tune up was named "achievement plz")
go to the indy 500 oval track and pick up lots of speed and in one of the turns, hold or tap a however you do it better and it takes 5000 points to get 4/4 drift
(turn drift points by pausing the game, go to HUD, and at the bottom turn drift hud on
daniel your tricked worked great!

TealPavelski
10-13-2011, 07:37 PM

I will give this a shot later!

Sonic1896
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Works great. Just make sure all assists are off. Gave a 5 star rating to whoever created tune.

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I just got it playing TAG Virus on Benchmark Oval in a Bugatti

TealPavelski
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Sweet! Just got the Achievement!

IEvil IMonkey
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Works like a dream..did it on my 3rd corner :)

nayR2012
10-14-2011, 04:25 PM
You can get nearly endless drift on Benchmark Test Track Layout: 'The Circle One'..

Easy if you have trouble hitting the corners just right on the other tracks, this whole track is driftable!

Tendoman77
10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
I got this on the Benchmark Ring Oval just now with the Ultimate Aero, did a unexpected 4-bar drift at the final big corner on the 2nd lap that cost me the win lol.

Least it was on quick play xD

erod550
10-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I took a bone stock Shelby 427 Cobra to Sunset Full and got it by hitting the first turn with full speed from the oval and straighaway and just holding the drift almost until turn 2. That car is a natural drifter. All assists off of course.

neubourn
10-14-2011, 11:22 PM
I got this on the Benchmark Ring Oval just now with the Ultimate Aero, did a unexpected 4-bar drift at the final big corner on the 2nd lap that cost me the win lol.

Least it was on quick play xD

Yeah, thats exactly how i got it as well (SSC Aero on Benchmark). Got it when i was going for my 240mph

For anyone trying it wil high end speed car on large ovals, just remember to turn your assists off (especially Traction Control)

Mohegan13
10-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I got this using a stock BMW 1m on the benchmark e circuit. No real worries about walls, make sure Tcs is off and normal steering is on. Then just drift around the outer edge. Use rewind if need be. Lot easier than a normal circuit as there's plenty of open space.

Rasp
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Just got it on Benchmark Layout E (the circle one) with the Shelby Cobra 427. No tuning done and all assists off except make steering normal.

the ferenczy
10-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Ford RS200 stock on oval indy...got it on the first turn.

Sylon00
10-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Just got it. First I tried the GT500, but all that car wanted to do was donuts. So then I tried the Audi RS6, I find AWD cars are easier for me. Nailed it.

SatNiteEduardo
10-16-2011, 02:17 AM
I used stock supra on motegi Oval with all assists off
. Just go quick down straights and tap the brake or e brake to enter the turn.
I did it in a private online drift event

judd90
10-16-2011, 09:51 AM
I got this in a Ford Focus RS doing a handbrake around a corner lol

xXShadowXx500
10-18-2011, 03:49 AM
You need to get 5,000+ points in one drift. Set up a car for drifting..I used a Subaru WRX STi..theres a drift tune for it in my storefront-search xXShadowXx500 for my gamertag and the file is called Drift..then load a test drive on benchmark speedway layout e and drift. Also, turn off traction and stability control...set the transmission to manual (optional)

Matt36
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
4) Benchmark Test Track Speedway (1st track listed)
5) Race Difficulty - set it up like this;
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

agentexx
10-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks. That worked for me, but I did it on the layout E track. Didn't even need to hit the brake cause it spins out pretty easy so I just kept sliding till I got it.

Matt36
10-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Glad to help! :)

xxm1llertimexx
10-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

You my friend are AWESOME!!!!.....it took a few tries because i kept doing a 360.. but i got it on my 3rd try......this should be added to the achievement guide so people will stop making new threads about this achievement.

Matt36
10-18-2011, 10:53 PM
You my friend are AWESOME!!!!.....it took a few tries because i kept doing a 360.. but i got it on my 3rd try......this should be added to the achievement guide so people will stop making new threads about this achievement.

Sharings caring! Glad to help sir.

FreakingOut246
10-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Sharings caring! Glad to help sir.

Just tried your method... worked first time, didn't even have to rewind. Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

Prodappymoo
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
You can get nearly endless drift on Benchmark Test Track Layout: 'The Circle One'..

Easy if you have trouble hitting the corners just right on the other tracks, this whole track is driftable!

Thank you! I've been doing the Drift rivals for the last god knows how many hours and couldn't get it to work.

Just for an update to anyone struggling (who can actually drift but cant hold out on track corners)
I used a Misubishi Lancer Evo X GSR - Brought a tune setup from Storefront for drifting that cost nothing and then set up an online race, set to private, set game type to drift, then select Test Track Layout E, select your car and away you go.
I've been getting 2.5/3k drifts and first shot on this got 19k. Damn crazy.

Worth the work!

Matt36
10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear it, mate! :)

Prodappymoo
10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Your set up for difficulty helped loads too, I kept turning everything off and spun out like a crazy fool :D

Matt36
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Looks like my method was more hopeful than I imagined xD

41inuyasha
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Fujimi Kaido Old Down hill. Thats the best track to do it on. Its down hill so it keeps your speed up and your drift going. Also very wide street and corner. Got it first try using this track.

tsg72
03-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Got this on test track F the "m" shaped one in a 599 fxx :)
yes it is 5k per drift for achevement

xX Element
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

It's better to drift in manual just saying.

MadTacoWarrior
03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
I did it on the wide downhill section of Fujimi Kaido where I could easily chain over 16,000 points.

Thanks. That worked for me, but I did it on the layout E track. Didn't even need to hit the brake cause it spins out pretty easy so I just kept sliding till I got it.

:omg, that's cheating!

Folks, that's by far the easiest track (practically a circle) to do it!