PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth getting season pass?

NomoreNiceGuy
10-13-2011, 03:54 AM
So, if you buy a season pass you get ALL dlc's free. or just the ones coming out until that date? And is it really worth 2400 ms, you got like 500 cars already

WoH Jabba81
10-13-2011, 05:48 AM
So, if you buy a season pass you get ALL dlc's free. or just the ones coming out until that date? And is it really worth 2400 ms, you got like 500 cars already

Its worth... you will save 30% of the 6 DLCīs which are coming out. Donīt know if there are tracks in some of them. Hopefully yes :)

judd90
10-13-2011, 05:51 AM
They wouldn't have it if it wasn't worth getting. It just depends if you download everything Fora has then its a good thing to get.

DjBatfink
10-13-2011, 07:59 AM
I brought it, i really like Forza & i ended up buying all dlc for F3.
So if you think that you will buy, the up coming DLC, then it would save you some money in the end.
It just means it seems expensive to start of with, especially if like me you brought the Lim Ed @ Ģ59.99 + season pass about Ģ23...
But the game looks great, so it will be worth it.....

Mohegan13
10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
We won't know if it's worth getting until we know what the DLC is. If you buy it all then yes it's worth it, if you only end up wanting 2 or 3 of the packs then no it isn't.

That's why I am waiting until at least 4 of the packs are out. If I like the first 4 then that will cover the cost of the pass. The final two packs would be an added bonus.

SectarianOrigin
10-13-2011, 12:39 PM
We won't know if it's worth getting until we know what the DLC is. If you buy it all then yes it's worth it, if you only end up wanting 2 or 3 of the packs then no it isn't.

That's why I am waiting until at least 4 of the packs are out. If I like the first 4 then that will cover the cost of the pass. The final two packs would be an added bonus.

That is if the season pass is still available by then. Could just be a limited time thing that gives people a discount as an incentive to buy all the content at once.

Mohegan13
10-13-2011, 01:24 PM
True. In the long run I would rather spend more for something I want, than end up spending money on something I might not want.

H2O
10-13-2011, 01:48 PM
The American muscle car pack is included in the Ltd edition & the season pass so surely some people could accidentally end up paying for it twice. Seems a bit of a silly way of doing it if that's the case. :confused:

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Its worth... you will save 30% of the 6 DLCīs which are coming out. Donīt know if there are tracks in some of them. Hopefully yes :)

No tracks, 6 DLC totaling 60 cars. The American Muscle Car pack is a bonus and isn't counted in those 6 DLC.

Duken13
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
You might as well wait for the Greatest Hits version that will include all the DLCs on a disc, which you can lend/borrow and probably come out around this time next year.

I bought Forza 3 when it came out, then sold it and got the GH version for the complete package and then lent the disc to my friends.

DevilDawg67
10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I think it is worth it.

esckalayd
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
i am still not 100% on this, i think i am going to wait to see what is actually in the car packs

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM

seriously? i almost had a heartattack when i saw this.

so NOT worth it! thats half the price of the game! you get 500 cars. with this you get 50-60? no where near the 350 cars it shoukd be.

people need to rethink dlc pricing.

neubourn
10-14-2011, 11:12 PM
First of all, you only get 6 months (1 each month) worth of DLC...so itll last only til April, then youll have to either buy another season pass for the next "season" of DLC, or whatever theyre going to do at that point.

I dont know how much they are going to charge per DLC, so with the Pass, you are going to basically be paying 400msp per pack.

There already is a robust lineup in FM4, you basically get all the cares from FM3, plus alot fo the FM3 DLC cars. So, if you plan on buying ALL 6 DLC packs, then yeah its worth it. If you are only going to buy a few here and there for specific cars, then no, its not worth it.

dotCody
10-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Not worth it, no matter how great the game is. Don't be a fucking scab and buy into this gimmick crap that's made out to look like you'll save money.

Teh Phantomz
10-15-2011, 04:23 AM
Wait so you only get cars from this Season Pass, nothing else?

mgorsi
10-15-2011, 04:33 AM
There are always 1-3 cars in each DLC i really want. Since now u can buy each individual car for 160 points, i will be doing that. so no its not worth it, I mean think about it, out of 10 cars each month, which cars r u really going to drive.

i will spend around 1000 points on individual cars.

neverendr
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
The American muscle dlc is 560msp, Turn 10 stated on their forums in a thread about the season pass that it's a limited offer and give excellent value, *if you plan to get the full car packs*. They said that unlike forza 3 the packs will include 10+ cars and 3 of the 6 are likely to include tracks exclusive to the full dlc pack, the prices will be 560msp and up I guess, since the free launch pack with purchase of a new copy is 560. I wasn't going to get the pass, honestly...then I decided to look at my forza 3 directory when I was cleaning some junk off my drive to reclaim some space and realized I had purchased all but one of the full packs, since they had 2-3 cars I really wanted at 160msp and the packs were like 380 I think. I went ahead and got the pass this morning...don't let the "season pass" ne stop you from buying it, what they advertise as part of it is the bare minimum they can legally give you...think about all the free gift cars they passed out for holidays and for getting dlc packs. We aren't dealing with EA here trying to nickel and dime us to death, Turn 10 has been very generous with free content...expect that to continue, also don't be surprised if they hand out unicorns and other goodies to early adopters who got the pass as a thank you, Turn 10 is very customer focused.

W0LD0
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't think i'll get it, as you say there are plenty of cars already, I can't see me playing enough to benefit from all the dlc, not with BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Hitman and Assassins all coming out over the next few months.

OctagonQontrol
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I think that, unless you are competing online on certain leagues and need all tracks, a Season Pass might be handy. But if you are a non-racer (on those leagues), you might find that the Season Pass is more expensive if you don't like a certain car pack in that season or a certain track pack.

T10 is offering the option to buy car token from Marketplace for 80MSP and depending on the type of car in-game, you need to shell out 1 to 3 tokens for that car.

So, if you are a car enthusiast but not, for instance, class F to B, that Season Pass will basically "eliminate" half the car packs for you and the other half might be cheaper to buy paid in full or by using tokens for specific cars you want.

OddJob92
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I heard the DLC will be 560msp each so you would save in the long run if it is 6 dlc contents at that price but is the american muscle car pack included in this?

Mohegan13
10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
The American pack is a free extra and doesn't count towards the 6 DLC packs. That said, as an LCE buyer I wouldn't count that at all since they are already available to me.

Vigor
10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
So now it's a limited time offer?
When is this going to end, date available?