PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay or Graphics?

Cooljoe
10-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Which one of these do you think is better in Battlefield multiplayer? It's open ended, in other words, not just held to what we've played/seen in the battlefield 3 beta. Any Battlefield game you've experienced for that matter. What are your percentages of each of importance as they relate to Battlefield? Like 60/40 and what not.

stuhp
10-13-2011, 05:11 AM
I've always had gameplay as taking priority over graphics in Battlefield, and any other multiplayer game in general. Thankfully, after so many rounds in order to get used to the gameplay in the beta, I was able to think the same and enjoy myself outright. The graphical errors were no bother at any point: in fact, they provided a laugh or two when things went haywire.

For the other Battlefield titles, gameplay still took priority. Bad Company probably wasn't the prettiest; 1943 was definitely a step up; and Bad Company 2 was an improvement, but still had its graphical moments. But I played the shit out of each and every one regardless :D

I honestly keep it at 70/30 (gameplay/ graphics) for the sake of being able to keep my low standards low, which always leaves me pleasantly surprised in the long run. I figure the 30 at least allows me to see the enemy amidst all the random foliage ;)

Tatanko
10-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Depends on which category destruction falls into :p Gameplay is definitely more important to me, but Battlefield games have always had great environments to kill people in. I would say I'm also at about a 70/30 split.

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 04:44 PM
A pretty game that plays horribly is like dressing up a pile of dog shit. Bottom line is it's still dog shit.

fastNcurious
10-13-2011, 10:38 PM
A pretty game that plays horribly is like dressing up a pile of dog shit. Bottom line is it's still dog shit.

:whs

Gameplay always comes first in my book. It doesn't matter how pretty the trees or the girls look, if you're frustrated at the game, then the game has failed.

In terms of BF, the most frustrating thing for me has been the rubberband lag in BFBC2. Get rid of that, and BF3 will be golden (or at least on its way there).

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 01:09 AM
:whs

Gameplay always comes first in my book. It doesn't matter how pretty the trees or the girls look, if you're frustrated at the game, then the game has failed.

In terms of BF, the most frustrating thing for me has been the rubberband lag in BFBC2. Get rid of that, and BF3 will be golden (or at least on its way there).

That's no so much a gameplay issue so much as it's a shitty servers kind of issue. EA rakes in a ton of cash every year with their plundering of all of the sports franchises, Need For Speed, Battlefield, Burnout, Harry Potter... you would think that they would reinvest a wee bit of that loot towards improving their servers.

stuhp
10-14-2011, 01:17 AM
you would think that they would reinvest a wee bit of that loot towards improving their servers.

Don't see why they would - they shut them down almost as soon as they put them up :D

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Don't see why they would - they shut them down almost as soon as they put them up :D

That's a pretty valid point, but still doesn't excuse them for the state of their servers.

Miles Prower F6
10-14-2011, 03:38 AM
This many years into the Seventh Generation of Video Game Consoles...

Graphics are equally as important as gameplay. There's been plenty of time for people to work with the software and any game looking to launch a AAA block buster better have the time and money to bring forth cutting edge graphics in their game.

Not to mention that every other game today is just hitch hiking ideas off of their competitors, they're not paying their devs for creativity, they as well pay them for effects.

MediumMelanin
10-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Ha, well, it's gonna look really awesome on the PC, and the gameplay will be phenomenal! I'm also getting this for PS3, so there will be differences; both in gameplay and graphics. Personally, I upgraded to a sweet PC, just to experience a "true" Battlefield game. But of course, gameplay comes first! I mean, it could look like BFBC2 for all I care.

kieran spartan
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
im not the kind of person thats cares about graphics to much so ill go for gameplay i really enjoyed the beta