PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Act 10-1

acmassonsr
10-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Can anyone give me any Tips on how to get out of the Basement. Creatures keep spawning endlessly. I can not seem to move past them to the door. Thanks

HamKet
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
The key to that area is to kill just enough of the enemies to pr4ess forward, kill the banshee and escape the room. Creatures will continue to spawn until you leave. It's annoying, to say the least.

What I did was grab the Gold Test Tubes to the left (I think you get 5), then killed as many groups of creatures as possible, while constantly moving forward. I made sure to save one test tube for the banshee, so I could take her out from a distance. Once she was dead I made a break for the door.

If you get swarmed, block, and kick them out of the way when you can. Keep moving. And while moving, keep your arms down so you do not spin around to target a creature behind you. There's nothing more frustrating than getting turned around down there.

I used this video walkthrough to help me, though he lingers far too long in the basement in my opinion.

Rise of Nightmares Act 10-1 Challenge mode A Rank play - YouTube

thepinkster87
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm having trouble with doing this level as well. I think the key is to keep moving, kick any which are in your way and get to the best weapons. I personally started out with the knife which I used on the zombies in the next room catching one off guard. I then switched to the hedge cutters and moved quickly through the rest focusing on the banshee and heading for the door. If the weapon broke before I got out I went after another weapon there such as the pipe or katana which has a good berth and swiped away until I could make it through.

tmashinter
12-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Ignore as many as possible. Walk straight through the first room, don't bother picking up any weapns. Go straight for the first door, kick it open and then turn left and grab the golden test tube. Turn around and walk as close as you can to the banshee, keeps you arms down or the friggin auto target will screw you over. You should be able to walk straight over to the banshee by just walking around any monsters in the way. Kill her using the golden test tubes and do the same for the ones between you and the door. Open the door and through. Once you get through the door, the enemies will not follow.

My first few tries i kept engaging the enemies and you just get overwhelmed, so ignore them and its easy.

Once i started to do it this way and just ignore as many as possible i got out of the basement easy. Use the same idea when navigating the rest of the area, move with your arms down and just walk around the monsters. For the most part they attack pretty slow, so by the time they actually swing at you, you've walked away from them.

raidenhardcore
12-06-2011, 02:11 PM
man if you think act 1 is tough wait till the other 2, they are just insane:(

Prelude2disastr
01-05-2012, 04:59 AM
man if you think act 1 is tough wait till the other 2, they are just insane:(

^ This!

I cleared 10-1 with an A rank on my first attempt. The other two.... Well 10-2 I danced straight into the first floor trap and 10-3 I think my highest score so far is like 5000 before getting wiped out because of swarming natives and banshees!

pistonh
01-14-2012, 01:49 AM
The key to all of these is to haul ass past everyone since the remaining time score gives you a bigger bonus than for kills. If you get to a part where you get stuck the best idea is to throw up a quick block, then kick, do a few left-to-right swipes with a blade weapon, kick again, lower your arms, then continue walking past everything the first inch you have room to get by. The whole idea is to stun enemies so they give you enough room to run past.