PDA

View Full Version : New Maps shown

littlejay
10-13-2011, 04:30 PM
first 4 revealed maps:
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/13/battleblog-13-from-the-streets-of-paris-to-the-outskirts-of-tehran-battlefield-3-multiplayer-map-reveal.aspx

edit: part 2 here:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/14/multiplayer-map-reveal-part-ii.aspx

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 04:31 PM
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/13/battleblog-13-from-the-streets-of-paris-to-the-outskirts-of-tehran-battlefield-3-multiplayer-map-reveal.aspx

tomorrow they will show the other 5. the last 2 looks lots of fun. i want to drive a jeep off the top of Damavand peak and jump out and parachute to safty or something silly :p

Have you played Just Cause? I'm sure that I would have hated that game if it wasn't for the awesomeness that you could accomplish with vehicles and parachutes!

Grey Delta
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Have parachutes been confirmed? I always tried to deploy it using :abut: when jumping from the upstairs windows on Metro at the last M-COMs and always took falling damage.

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
It would be nice if you only had a parachute after using a jet or a helicopter. It's not exactly realistic to be able to jump out of a window and deploy your Go-Go-Gadget Parachute...

Tatanko
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
The new maps are looking great! I'm excited about Damavand Peak for the ridiculous heights and beautiful scenery.

FPS GLIMMER
10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
It bothers me that they show only PC screens. Like they are afraid of showing the graphics for the console.

littlejay
10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
battlefield was a pc game from the start. they are not afraid to show console screens. several sites played the final versions on ps3 and said it looked wayyyy better than the beta.

and chutes are in caspian border. you saw the video of the guy shooting the jet with the rocket?

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 06:32 PM
It bothers me that they show only PC screens. Like they are afraid of showing the graphics for the console.

This is something that console owners need to make peace with. PC owners spend a shitload of money to keep their machines up to-date so that they can actually play new releases. I personally enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry about system specs. If it releases for the Xbox 360, then I know that it will play on the Xbox 360.

battlefield was a pc game from the start. they are not afraid to show console screens. several sites played the final versions on ps3 and said it looked wayyyy better than the beta.

and chutes are in caspian border. you saw the video of the guy shooting the jet with the rocket?

The parachutes make sense on Caspian Border and any map that has air vehicles for that matter. It is borderline retarded that you can jump off of a building and deploy your chute to avoid hurting yourself.

FPS GLIMMER
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
This is something that console owners need to make peace with. PC owners spend a shitload of money to keep their machines up to-date so that they can actually play new releases. I personally enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry about system specs. If it releases for the Xbox 360, then I know that it will play on the Xbox 360.

The parachutes make sense on Caspian Border and any map that has air vehicles for that matter. It is borderline retarded that you can jump off of a building and deploy your chute to avoid hurting yourself.

I have an amazing pc. All my friends play it for xbox though.

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
I have an amazing pc. All my friends play it for xbox though.

Just for shits and giggles, roughly how much did you pay for said, "amazing pc?" I played PC back in the day and my machine (which make and model shall remain nameless so that I can maintain my community standing...) struggled to play even the most basic of games. I was able to play the original Counter-Strike, and if I was patient and didn't mind a horrible framerate, then I could also play Rainbow Six.

littlejay
10-13-2011, 06:54 PM
it's not hard to have a decent pc for semi cheap now. most pcs now will run bf3 fine with the exception of a new video card which you could pull off for $150ish i think. been a while since ive priced that stuff but my 4 year old duo core and 2 gigs of ram still fit the specs for bf3. just my video card fried a while back and i got a cheap one to keep the pc running.

Grey Delta
10-13-2011, 07:13 PM
A core duo CPU and 2 gigs of RAM will struggle to make it look better than consoles methinks, which sucks as that's what I have, and my GPU is ooooold at this stage (GeForce 8800 GTS (sounds like some obscure American muscle car lol))

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 07:18 PM
it's not hard to have a decent pc for semi cheap now. most pcs now will run bf3 fine with the exception of a new video card which you could pull off for $150ish i think. been a while since ive priced that stuff but my 4 year old duo core and 2 gigs of ram still fit the specs for bf3. just my video card fried a while back and i got a cheap one to keep the pc running.

A core duo CPU and 2 gigs of RAM will struggle to make it look better than consoles methinks, which sucks as that's what I have, and my GPU is ooooold at this stage (GeForce 8800 GTS (sounds like some obscure American muscle car lol))

I'm willing to bet that serious players who have suckled at BF's tit for any real length of time have spent some serious cash putting together a gaming rig that will do more than just be comparable to what the consoles have to offer.

Grey Delta
10-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I wanted to do just that but I can't really justify dropping €500 on new components for basically one game when I can spend €50 and get nearly the same experience. I'd love to though.

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I wanted to do just that but I can't really justify dropping 500 on new components for basically one game when I can spend 50 and get nearly the same experience. I'd love to though.

I'd love to have a beast PC that could properly run games like BF3, I'm just not willing to shell out the money to make it happen. I can't even imagine playing 64 players.

Grey Delta
10-13-2011, 08:06 PM
The word 'Clusterfuck' comes to mind.

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
The word 'Clusterfuck' comes to mind.

Nice. I'm sure you're right in some cases. Can you imagine 32 Bush-Wookie snipers all camping it up on the same team...

Cooljoe
10-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Mark my words... Operation metro will be the majority of peoples least favorite map when the game releases. Like nelson bay was in bfbc2. These all look more Battlefield-y.

Grey Delta
10-14-2011, 12:48 AM
It's going to be fuuuun base jumping off this :)
http://i.imgur.com/fp60e.jpg

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 01:13 AM
It's going to be fuuuun base jumping off this :)
http://i.imgur.com/fp60e.jpg

Until you realize that you don't remember what the button is to deploy your parachute. *SPLAT*

Guitarr Steve
10-14-2011, 03:10 AM
All these maps look pretty legit to snipe on.

OT, but does anyone know if the M40A5 resembles the M24 from BFBC2 at all?

xWOLF85x
10-14-2011, 05:12 AM
lol time for the long walks again cuz each person takes the jeep with no one in them

MediumMelanin
10-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Now, those maps look down right sexy! Especially the last one, it's a pretty damn unique map I've never seen!

Tatanko
10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
lol time for the long walks again cuz each person takes the jeep with no one in them
Ahh yes. Shaking your fist in anger at the screen because some douche couldn't wait 2 seconds for you to jump in. Definitely looking forward to it haha.

kieran spartan
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
The new maps look awesome cant wait to play this game

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Every time...

Ahh yes. Shaking your fist in anger at the screen because some douche couldn't wait 2 seconds for you to jump in. Definitely looking forward to it haha.

My favorite is when some asshat jumps in the tank and rumbles off without a gunner. It's so satisfying to see him get his shit blown up because he didn't have a gunner to keep the RPGs at bay.

Tatanko
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
My favorite is when some asshat jumps in the tank and rumbles off without a gunner. It's so satisfying to see him get his shit blown up because he didn't have a gunner to keep the RPGs at bay.
...and then bitches when 2 people who are working together don't get blown up. "Why are all the RPG'ers going after me?!?! Why do I get blown up every time I get into a tank?!" Because you're an unprotected dumbass, that's why.

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I play with a buddy of mine and the two of us normally play as Engineers on those 2 maps. When we rock a tank together, we are unstoppable.

littlejay
10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
ill edit the first post so others will see it but here are the last 5 maps!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/14/multiplayer-map-reveal-part-ii.aspx

Barad
10-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Damavand Peak looks crazy good!

exo-apollo
10-16-2011, 12:03 PM
These maps look really good, can't wait to see how Damavand peak turns out.

Gambit1997
10-17-2011, 09:23 PM

Agreed. Funnier still when he blames everyone else for his screw-up.

OT: Can anyone shed some light on the base-jumping thing. Is it going to be a proper jump mechanic or is it just going to be falling?

CGPsaint
10-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Agreed. Funnier still when he blames everyone else for his screw-up.

OT: Can anyone shed some light on the base-jumping thing. Is it going to be a proper jump mechanic or is it just going to be falling?

Isn't "falling" what base jumping really is? :D

Gambit1997
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Isn't "falling" what base jumping really is? :D

Fair point. I meant is it going to be something like Just Cause 2 where there is a proper mechanic for jumping

CGPsaint
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Fair point. I meant is it going to be something like Just Cause 2 where there is a proper mechanic for jumping

I was watching videos of people parachuting on Caspian Sea and it looks like there is more control to the parachuting than just floating straight down.

Tatanko
10-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I was watching videos of people parachuting on Caspian Sea and it looks like there is more control to the parachuting than just floating straight down.
Good. The parachutes were kind of hard to direct in BC2.

Gambit1997
10-18-2011, 08:06 PM

Cool. Didn't like the lack of control from BC2, hoped it would have been improved. Thanks