PDA

View Full Version : Too easy to upgrade cars?

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
So what are your thought, is it too easy to upgrade Cars? You can get to a 100% discount without even playing career mode then it cost nothing to upgrade every car from a manufacture you've up'ed to Affinity level 4?

Mohegan13
10-13-2011, 04:58 PM
I understand why some people dislike it, there was a whole risk/reward thing with having to spend money for upgrades.

But in truth, I don't get as much time to play as I used to, I am happy this is the case. I'd rather spend that money on the 10million pound cars than on upgrades.

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Good point, but still would have liked to work a little harder for it!

Evil Epyon
10-13-2011, 05:18 PM
All I know is that for how much money I sank into Lambos and Nissans in FM3, this will be a welcomed change for me. Besides I don't have the time to play now that I used to so its a little easier to raise funds not having to worry about expensive upgrades.

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Personally I stay away from upgrading cars for the most part. The only cars I upgraded in FM3 were my R33 and R34 with suspension upgrades so they handled drifts better.

For this one, the more money left over to buy Ferrari's I have no interest in owning the better. Looking forward to selling most of them off once I have the achievement.

JKSullivan
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
I think it is a little too easy, seems like maybe level 10 would be a better place to get the 100% discount. It would still be easier than FM3, but not absurdly easy like it is now. I can't say I really disagree with it, since it will benefit me too - but at least it's an even playing field. I mean, they could have set up better affinity level rewards for the VIPs, which would be unfair (and yes, I am a VIP, for what little it's worth).

MxPx
10-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I like it because it allows me to wrench on cars that I wouldn't normally waste the money on. Makes the game more diverse.

Kochamara
10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
If you watch any interview with the guys from Turn 10 about FM4 then you'll notice that they talk about the love of cars a lot, and getting people who aren't car people to become car people. These guys are completely car crazy.
I imagine they made this change so that you get more time to play around with the cars and try different things with more cars, since most of your money will now get to go toward purchasing different cars and not towards the upgrades to play around with. Personally, I think it was a smart move.

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Those are good points.

The biggest thing that kept me out of the muscle cars in FM3 was that it cost way too much to install 6-speeds, modern tires, and stuff like that to make them competitive on tracks with long straights or lots of corners.

This time round I can experiment with which upgrades make the muscle cars better without getting rid of their unique driving experience.

eiVaL
10-13-2011, 11:38 PM
So what are your thought, is it too easy to upgrade Cars? You can get to a 100% discount without even playing career mode then it cost nothing to upgrade every car from a manufacture you've up'ed to Affinity level 4?

how do you get 100% discount?

i dont see any threads discussing this

MxPx
10-13-2011, 11:40 PM
how do you get 100% discount?

i dont see any threads discussing this

Level a car up to 4. You'll get a 100% discount on performance parts for that manufacturer, along with 1,000 points.

Level 1 is 25%.
Level 2 is 50%.
Level 3 is 75%.
Level 4 is 100% + $1,000.
Level 5 is 100% + $15,000.

Don't remember what level 6 is.

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 11:42 PM
When you race you earn Affinity points with the maker of the car you used. At level 4 affinity parts are sold for that Manufacture at a 100% discount...

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Level a car up to 4. You'll get a 100% discount on performance parts for that vehicle, along with 1,000 points.

Level 1 is 25%.
Level 2 is 50%.
Level 3 is 75%.
Level 4 is 100% + $1,000.
Level 5 is 100% + $15,000.

Don't remember what level 6 is.

I am at Level 12 for Ford and last 3 level have gotten me a 75,000cr bonus

MxPx
10-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Now what confuses me is...say you are level 12 or whatever with one car...when you get in another car by that manufacturer, do you have to start back at 0? Obviously the discount will still be there, but what happens when you level the new car up? Nothing?

eiVaL
10-13-2011, 11:47 PM
okay, another question about "quick upgrade"

i notice my cars are already optimized for their initial class, like for instance i unlocked a 2009 Ford Fiesta an it says its fully optimized for E class

if i use quick upgrade for D class or up and i ever want to use that car in a lower Class event, will quick upgrade automatically downgrade the car as well?

or will i still have to change out parts manually to get it down to a lower grade again

i only ask cause the only way i could find out is if i went ahead an spent money upgrading but i might not want to upgrade my initial F class if i dont have to cause i already have 2 prize cars in that class

DEG23
10-13-2011, 11:48 PM
So, you would rather pay for your upgrades????

The main reason i bought upgrades in Forza 3 was to make my car more competitive for it's class, but if you use the level reward cars, they are already upgraded, so far i haven't bought any upgrades, and like SuperSkyline89 said, it means more money to spend on cars.

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 11:51 PM
OK I use the 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500, I just reached Affinity level 13 for Ford (another 75000cr bonus) All parts for all Ford cars are free at this point (after level 4 affinity)

Basically unlike in F3 you level the manufactures not the cars!

MxPx
10-13-2011, 11:52 PM

i notice my cars are already optimized for their initial class, like for instance i unlocked a 2009 Ford Fiesta an it says its fully optimized for E class

if i use quick upgrade for D class or up and i ever want to use that car in a lower Class event, will quick upgrade automatically downgrade the car as well?

or will i still have to change out parts manually to get it down to a lower grade again

i only ask cause the only way i could find out is if i went ahead an spent money upgrading but i might not want to upgrade my initial F class if i dont have to cause i already have 2 prize cars in that class

You can go up, down, all around.

You can't make a car lower than it's initial class, though. For example, you cannot make a Honda s2000 an F-class vehicle. But say you upgrade your C-Class s2000 to an A-Class vehicle...you can drop back down to B or C-Class at any time via quick upgrade.

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 11:53 PM

Yes it will work fine

JKSullivan
10-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Now what confuses me is...say you are level 12 or whatever with one car...when you get in another car by that manufacturer, do you have to start back at 0? Obviously the discount will still be there, but what happens when you level the new car up? Nothing?

The cars themselves don't level up like they did in FM3, just your 'affinity level' with the manufacturer. Think of it as leveling the manufacturer instead, and any car you drive from that manufacturer adds points to that manufacturer's overall level. So you can use the Nissan Micra for a while to get your affinity up to 4, then grab a Fairlady Z and increase it from 4 to 6, etc.

eiVaL
10-14-2011, 02:51 AM
ive noticed an issue with teh quick upgrade it doesnt always give you the same setting

for instance im using my Citroen C1 which is an F class, i have the 100% Affinity so it can upgrade all the way up to A class, how ever just Moving up 1 class, theres different methods which result in different qualities.

i had been fooling around with the quick tune ups cause i wanted to test drive the higher grade but then i had to downgrade to an E class to continue my career so i reverted back from A class then when i was about to enter a race the game told me i could make changes to be better suited vs the opponents i was about to face by upgrading(this is after i already used the QU to "make my car the best grade in E class possible"), so i did but as i was about race my car only had a grade of 269-, all the other cars in the upcoming race were 270+ , so i backed out, i used QU to take my car up to D class, then i used it again to revert back down to E and now my car as a maximum grade of 275.

so perhaps its a bug or maybe its just a random crap shoot depending on what the game decides to change to make your car fit each class, but it seems that upgrading then downgrading gives you the best grade and just a heads up to anyone who uses this method to take a second an make sure your car always has the highest grade alloted for which ever class you're trying to race.

neubourn
10-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Why associate "difficulty" with "price?" You still have to race to get the manufacture affinities, so its just as "difficult" to upgrade your cars, only now you can do it for cheaper, which is good since youre going to need that cash to buy the ferraris and most expensive cars for the cheevos

mgorsi
10-15-2011, 04:38 AM
since we have sooo many cars to buy, i'd say no

thejiki
10-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Definitely happy about this :) It makes it a lot easier to buy all those ferraris.