PDA

View Full Version : Last boss is pathetic

JohnnyBravo
10-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah, its so lame, after i spent more than 30 mins fighting him each time, i got stuck each time between some boxes just when i had him , so fuck you capcom for the shitty desing and such

Mister Buds
10-13-2011, 05:54 PM
if you're talking about the boss i think you're talking about, then i totally agree. i'm stuck on him right now. failed about ten times so far. i don't think i'm a high enough level to beat him. and the fact that there's no checkpoint between the stages of the fight is really frustrating.

IC3 L3G3ND
10-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Why should there be checkpoints? It's a survival game and there should be no checkpoints full stop

Jimbo76
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
There is a save room just outside the area if its the same boss your on about. so no need for checkpoints.

jackofblades
10-13-2011, 07:09 PM
its not even hard for crying out loud you must be awful

TVthePunisher
10-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I hate when people have to insult other people's abilities in video games. Not all of us are masters of every game we play, some of us excel at a game like Dead Rising but are mediocre at a game like Gears of War and so-so at Halo. Me personally...my strong-suits are platformers and collection games, I'm even including Sandbox style games like this.

Now I'm not sure which boss this is (as I haven't played the game yet), but with practice and figuring out the best way to avoid attacks, you can chip away at their health however you need to.

jackofblades
10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
but its not that hard can be done first try just have enough food and some weapons and its easy

Numbthumb
10-13-2011, 09:19 PM
By their very nature, Dead Rising bosses are always pricks when you first encounter them. Always have been. I went through Dead Rising 2 about 7 times altogether, and am doing Off The Record now...for some reason Slappy always gave me trouble. I dealt with him from afar, easy enough but long. For some odd reason I never considered jump kicking him, and only discovered it by mistake as I was try to dodge him.

Sure enough - that made this go around with him, my eighth total - the easiest and fastest by far.

Point Being - every boss in the series has a vulnerability that, once you know it, makes them pretty simple. The trick is figuring out what it is and executing.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
the best thing i found in dead rising and the only way i completed all the games so far was to level up first to maximum before trying to finish the stories. makes everything 10 times easier.

and to the people whining about this having checkpoints it is about time. the only difference now is you do not have to travel half way across the map to save the game or forget to save it for a while and replay a ton of the game if you die.

ThaMyth
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
this shit just got real in here hahahahaha

Dangerline
10-14-2011, 03:36 AM
Last boss is *ahem* a CUNT! (There i said it)

luke391
10-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Like anything else there is a trick to this. I agree figuring out how to fight her is a bit... challenging, but once you understand her tricks... well shes a joke. It took me and my friend 3 tries to beat him. The only thing I can tell you is if you leave the fight area, she will go into "sleep mode" and when this occurs you can rush objectives (like the rockets in form 3) giving you a HUGE edge and removing just about all the challenge to her =P

kieran spartan
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
yeah is one of the hardest bosses ive fought

Mister Buds
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
i don't think we're all talking about the same bosses. i was talking about
TK. i didn't have any trouble with stacey.

XxStuartxX 1990
10-15-2011, 05:03 PM
but its not that hard can be done first try just have enough food and some weapons and its easy

I dont think you mean the same boss, I think they mean 'HIM' as in the guy at the end of overtime not the last boss of regular time

jackofblades
10-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I dont think you mean the same boss, I think they mean 'HIM' as in the guy at the end of overtime not the last boss of regular time

should have been more clear if they meant overtime then

Zukin-Man
10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Boss of Overtime? Once you're up on the railings with him, try checking the side areas (the parts that the boss seals off and sets off fireworks in) for weapons and food. I know there was a jug of OJ and a lead pipe in the original DR, but I didn't check this time because I still had some OJ and weapons left from the pit fight.

The only part of the base story's final boss that irritated me was when the pod (during the last stage of the fight) tried to flatten me, pushed me underneath the map, caused me to fall a great distance, teleported me back to the entrance of Uranus Zone and I couldn't figure out how to get back to the boss area.

blee717
10-16-2011, 04:39 AM
72 Hour boss was simple. You just dive at the last possible second and pretty much learn to make it loop its attacks so you can beat it easier.

Overtime boss is pretty much the same idea as the 72 hour boss and I used the same technique to fight them as I did in Dead Rising 2 only they do much more damage this time around.

Rawrzalicious
10-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I beat 72 hour mode's boss fairly easy in the first two stages with just a laser sword and knife gloves. If anyone has trouble with the third stage of that fight, making some quickstep or energizer's would help you out a lot.

For the overtime boss, as has been mentioned before, there's weapons and food in the boxes in the back. Also, you retain any weapons and food from the area below him, as I picked up a bat and a pretzel and still had it when I went up to fight him. Just try to use hit and run/roll tactics and complete your alternate objective for that fight whenever he jumps away.

JuSt BLaZe
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
PAIN KILLER (Vodka+Vodka) for the win for the very last boss fight!

T0b3
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow, really?
That boss was really easy imo.
Didn't even use one healing item.
TK on the other hand, nearly got me but I still managed to beat him on my first try.

Olrox
10-16-2011, 06:51 PM
rogfl, how pathetic are you? The boss is incredibly easy and you can get drinks and save your game all the time during the battle. Oh boy, whats wrong with you, I don't know.

And if you mean the other boss, that is even easier, I have nothing more to say.

TakahashiDemon
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I found both final bosses really easy, I don't know what the whole thing is about getting trapped between the boxes is about.. I never got trapped in between boxes in either O.o

I never even used the advantage of saving during the story boss fight.

seabassmonster
10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
its not even hard for crying out loud you must be awful
What an awful trolling attempt

Dad_Is_A_Zombie
10-17-2011, 02:56 AM
The last 72 hour boss was monotonous if anything. This game is waaaaayyyyy more forgiving than DR1. The Overtime boss was a pain in the @ss as usual though.

JohnnyBravo
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I said pathetic, meaning the design and such of the battle, not about how hard it was; like i said in the first post, the first 2 times was very annoying since i didnt knew what to do and when reached phase 3 both times, i got stuck between boxes and couldnt move, so had to restart.

ShazamFTW
10-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Ummm okay, could somebody spell out how they beat the 72 hour boss? I'm having a hell of a time...

ShazamFTW
10-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Uh well let me answer my own question. Basically go for the claws not the centerpiece with guns as I originally tried. In case anyone else thought the same way.

JuSt BLaZe
10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah, its so lame, after i spent more than 30 mins fighting him each time, i got stuck each time between some boxes just when i had him , so fuck you capcom for the shitty desing and such

I think it was a cool design. Something new we didn't expect. A hot sexy curves girl on a big ugly smashing robot. Had lots of fun taking pictures of her. This was a piece of cake. Really enjoyed it.

...and T to da effn K was the same easy breezy WRENCH ON HIS HEAD CLUBBER as in DR2. No struggle at all.