PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Glasslands Novel Excerpt

LickableLemons7
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
So Halo Waypoint recently released an excerpt of Chapter 2 of the upcoming novel "Glasslands," being written by rather the popular author of some of the Star Wars and Gears of War novels, Kareen Travis. I believe that it will be released sometime later this month. For those of you who don't know yet, "Glasslands" takes place after the Human-Covenant War in 2553, and will continue the story of "Ghosts of Onyx." It is rumored to have connections to Halo 4.

Anyway, after reading the prologue as well as chapter 1 (http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/10/halo-glasslands-excerpt) my opinion of this novel is just something else. Her writing style is completely different from other contributors to the series... not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I suppose we shall see when the full book will be released...

And if you went to that link and finished reading the prologue and chapter 1, here's chapter 2 - http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-101211-exclusive-book-excerpt-glasslands/280887

Looking forward to Kareen Travis's debut to the novels.

RBmaster9345
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Damn, didnt have too much interest in the Forerunner book but this sounds BA. Really do want to know what happened with those guys on Onyx

DarkReign2021
10-15-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm so torn on whether or not I want to read this book. Without a doubt I will own it and I WILL read it because, well, it's Halo Lore and I'm not allowed to neglect the lore. But Karen Traviss is just... not really my kind of writer. I didn't like the Gears books and I didn't like her Star Wars books, yet at the same time her short Story in Evolutions, Human Weaknesses, is one of my favorites in the collection. She's proven she can do a Halo short story justice, but what about a feature length novel? For that matter, what about a trilogy of feature length novels since that's apparently what they have planned...

Ty-Rex
10-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Without a doubt I will own it and I WILL read it because, well, it's Halo Lore and I'm not allowed to neglect the lore.
You know you're dedicated when you say "I'm not allowed to neglect" part of a story's lore even if you think/know it will be bad. I know this feeling because you basically have do this all the time when you read comics. It's really terrible when the artwork is bad too.

ZingZitang
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm so torn on whether or not I want to read this book. Without a doubt I will own it and I WILL read it because, well, it's Halo Lore and I'm not allowed to neglect the lore. But Karen Traviss is just... not really my kind of writer. I didn't like the Gears books and I didn't like her Star Wars books, yet at the same time her short Story in Evolutions, Human Weaknesses, is one of my favorites in the collection. She's proven she can do a Halo short story justice, but what about a feature length novel? For that matter, what about a trilogy of feature length novels since that's apparently what they have planned...
I actually Love her Gears of War Novels. I Thoroughly enjoy how she portrays her Characters. Its Very Personal and you get very close to her Characters. She is the only Reason that I was nearly in Tears when Dom Died in Gears of War 3. Without her it would have meant much, much less to me. But what I'm not sure of is what this Book will do/Add to our theories about the Survivors of Onyx, and their Role in Halo 4.

On Topic: I Read the Chapter one Excerpt in OXM, and I forgot i was reading it in the Magazine. I got to the end of the Excerpt, Flipped the Page and saw an Advertisement and said "Commercials!? What the Hell? Oh. . . OXM Preview. . . " Lawl.

DarkReign2021
10-17-2011, 08:23 PM
You know you're dedicated when you say "I'm not allowed to neglect" part of a story's lore even if you think/know it will be bad. I know this feeling because you basically have do this all the time when you read comics. It's really terrible when the artwork is bad too.

I'm gonna ask you to repeat this the days Halo Kart and Mega Bloks Halo are released... -_-

It's part of my code though. When I choose to dedicate myself to something I don't take shortcuts. To be honest though, nothing in Halo has actually been "bad" yet. Just the comics were rough around the edges (I enjoyed the Halo Graphic Novel though.) Now Mass Effect... those comic books were awful to a point that they aren't even accurate. Half of the established history in the first two games has been retconned in the comics and NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE! On top of that the 2nd and 3rd books have been all but pointless. I like hearing about different happenings around the galaxy, but the story they tell aren't really involving anything remotely interesting or important. More stupid Cerberus crap gone wrong (What else is new.)

I actually Love her Gears of War Novels. I Thoroughly enjoy how she portrays her Characters. Its Very Personal and you get very close to her Characters. She is the only Reason that I was nearly in Tears when Dom Died in Gears of War 3. Without her it would have meant much, much less to me. But what I'm not sure of is what this Book will do/Add to our theories about the Survivors of Onyx, and their Role in Halo 4.

On Topic: I Read the Chapter one Excerpt in OXM, and I forgot i was reading it in the Magazine. I got to the end of the Excerpt, Flipped the Page and saw an Advertisement and said "Commercials!? What the Hell? Oh. . . OXM Preview. . . " Lawl.

Really. That scene in the third game choked me up anyway just because of the song they played and the history of knowing what happened to him (especially what he was forced to do in the second game. After seeing that, I sympathize fully with what Dom decided to do.)

Ty-Rex
10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm gonna ask you to repeat this the days Halo Kart and Mega Bloks Halo are released... -_-
You know Halo Kart Racing will be awesome, and I unironically loved the first Lego Star Wars games so I'm fine with Halo Mega Blocks: The Original Trilogy.

DarkReign2021
10-18-2011, 04:37 AM
I couldn't do the lego games. I need voice acting of some sort in my modern games. Older games it doesn't bother me, but Lego just has this empty void in the sound department for some reason. Probably because I used to play games like Lego Island back in the 90's and those had voice acting...

As for Halo Kart, yeah I won't deny it. I would be kinda excited to have one. Ever since they ruined Rocket Quad by making Multi Team 3-play with Rocket Hogs instead, I've had an insatiable racing itch I can't get rid of. lol.

I'm still annoyed how difficult they made it to unlock the warthog in Forza 4. I haven't actually decided if it's acceptable for me to resist owning it because of the included Halo content or not (I own DOA4 because it has Nicole, the Nassau Station level, and a hidden warthog on it's Vegas level. Dfference is I actually enjoy the DOA series whereas I don't like Forza...)

Spartanwarninja
10-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Where are the actual opinions about the content of the excerpt in this thread?

ZingZitang
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM

Here's mine. I was reading the Excerpt and it was so awesome that I forgot I was Reading an Excerpt!

p.s. How Weird is the word "Excerpt"?
On top of that the 2nd and 3rd books have been all but pointless. I like hearing about different happenings around the galaxy, but the story they tell aren't really involving anything remotely interesting or important. More stupid Cerberus crap gone wrong (What else is new.)Lol. Agreed. But how How Is Kahlee Sanders? I think she's seriously Attractive, and there aren't even any pictures of her. Just Descriptions and her personality.

And even though they're goofy, Like you said, I still enjoy reading about other things happening around the Galaxy.

Really. That scene in the third game choked me up anyway just because of the song they played and the history of knowing what happened to him (especially what he was forced to do in the second game. After seeing that, I sympathize fully with what Dom decided to do.)See, the thing with this is that in the last couple of Books, Dom was letting himself move on. He and Sam(Who's one of My Favorite Characters) were in the Fledgling Stages of an Awesome Relationship. And then BAM. This is just one of the reasons I was so upset, you just grow much more attached to the Characters.

DarkReign2021
10-27-2011, 02:20 AM
I was wondering about the whole thing between Sam and Dom, but honestly I never was into Gears enough to be bother caring much about it anyway. I might pick up the books someday, but I'm usually honestly disappointed by game novels outside of Halo anyway. Aside from Mass Effect and a couple guilty pleasures like Brute Force, I don't find many game novels to be enjoyable. Especially when they just try to retell the story that you already finished playing.

That said, anybody else get Glasslands yet? Just picked it up tonight and I'm plowing my way through the first read as we speak. Hoping to finish it a few times and get the legendary guide timeline updated here soon.

LickableLemons7
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Holy crap! I forgot all about it! Damn. I don't have time to rush over to the bookstore now...maybe I can pick it up when I head out to the mall with my friends. We're headed out to see Moneyball tomorrow night. If I can sneak over to the bookstore across the street from the theater without them noticing...

My friends would laugh if they saw me trying to sneak in a bookstore and walk out with a copy of Glasslands though.... Hmph.

DarkReign2021
10-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Friends laughing at you buying a book- Understandable
Friends laughing at you buying a Halo book- Unacceptable! Find new friends! lol j/k

I'm almost done with it. This book does a fair bit of jumping around, so I'm re-reading each chapter a couple times before I move on to the next one and tend to do a good bit of back and forth scans to keep track of the order of events and dates and such.

Amazingly, this entire book, at least up to the point I'm at so far, takes place before the memorial in Halo 3. So as it stands, Halo 3 endeing and the short story "stomping on the heels of a fuss" are the furthest developed point into the Halo Universe at this moment (not including the Believe Ad campaigns released for Halo 3) until the first sequel to Glasslands and the Reclaimer Trilogy are released.

My opinions about the book:

I like the retreat from the overly-militarized writing style that Nylund used in his novels. Traviss does a great job with visual imagery and use of metaphors and figures of speech. Her characterization of Civilians to be extremely well done, but her portrayal of Military and alien figures to be severely inaccurate. The spartans in particular don't seem quite like themselves as they try to take on a more talkative and humor-driven role, a feature that doesn't suit them at all. The aliens themselves don't feel like aliens. The first few times I read an alien segment I had to go back a few times to make sure it was just that. It drives the point home that they really aren't a;; that different from us in the end, but every culture is going to have it's unique traits. I don't feel that here.

Other than that, though, it's nice to finally have a continuation after the events of GoO and Halo 3. No questions are really answered, but some of them are pushed forward in the right direction, which is ok since we at least have a confirmed trilogy instead of being in the dark like earlier Halo novels.

LickableLemons7
10-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm ready to rant. Here I go. I went out with 4 other friends to watch Moneyball for the 8:05 show. But one of them just HAD to bring his girlfriend. And she is not into sports movies. She wanted to watch Paranormal Activity 3. I do not like that franchise. You can see where this is going. It was too late to see Moneyball, we were all arguing over what to watch. Apparently, if a woman can rant long enough, she gets what she wants. I'm the quiet, nice guy who does whatever you want him to do. But I could take no more. Me and the only black guy in our posse ditched out and went to the bookstore(have you even heard of a black guy in a bookstore? lol). Unfortunately, we forgot the bookstore already closed at 8:00, so we hung out in the mall, and I watched him trying to hit on a pair of woman while I chilled in the candy store munching on sour patch kids. He failed and ended up getting slapped, by the way. Then, after Paranormal Activity was over, we went to the host's house(the one with the bitchy girlfriend) and we all agreed to play some Halo CE custom games. Yet the girlfriend dug through the guy's DVD's and then thrusted a copy of The Notebook into our faces, screaming she wanted to watch it. Why the guy had The Notebook in his DVD collection, I don't know. But the rest of us left the poor guy and his girlfriend at his house, and went to mine. Couldn't find my CE disc, dunno where I put it. But we briefly played Medal of Honor, Mass Effect, and Bioshock.

And today, I can't go to the bookstore, as freezing rain and snow is coming down upon my area. I'm afraid I'm going to wreck my car or something if I drive out there, so I'm not going to. Since when the hell do we get freezing rain and snow in October(I live in Virginia)?! I'm giving up on getting Glasslands. For now at least. Nothing seems to be cooperating with me, except for my dog, my PC, and my Xbox. Whoo boy. I'm done with my rant. That was my first ever rant. Did I do good? I needed to find somewhere to release my stress. These forums are awesome.

DarkReign2021
10-29-2011, 09:12 PM
lol. You did good. Normally I would say this is off-topic and doesn't belong here, but you know what, these boards are dead. You, me, and only a small handful of other people are even active here, so until an Admin says otherwise, we're in charge here :p

First off, that girl sounds like a bitch. I would know, I'm married to someone exactly like her, except even more boring because she doesn't watch movies, game, or let me hang out with my friends.

Second, I have seen a black guy at a book store before. Once. In the mid 90's. and he was looking for some sort of Rap magazine. lol. Seriously, though, I see them in bookstores from time to time actually reading books. Intellect doesn't differentiate by race. Only by upbringing.

Third, sucks you can't get your hands on a copy of Glasslands yet. I will forewarn you, though, that it will probably piss you off to some degree. If you appreciate the work that Nylund, Staten, Dietz, Buckell, and Bear have put into the novels, prepare to be pissed off by Traviss since she uses the entire book for her own personal agenda by pointing fingers at characters she has deemed evil, concepts she has deemed inappropriate, & attempts to one-up everything the other authors have introduced to the series (Two Words (not really spoilers): Spartan Fours.) Plus the book ends on half a dozen cliff hangars... It was an enjoyable book, don't get me wrong, but she definitely needs to get her own opinion out of the book and actually write the characters as they were originally intended (You'll know what I mean when she starts mentioning Dr. Halsey.)

Ty-Rex
10-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Me and the only black guy in our posse ditched out and went to the bookstore(have you even heard of a black guy in a bookstore? lol).
That was kind of needless.

Your friend sounds like he's pussy-whipped pretty badly. You should tell him to grow some balls or try to find someone who doesn't need to control him.

First off, that girl sounds like a bitch. I would know, I'm married to someone exactly like her, except even more boring because she doesn't watch movies, game, or let me hang out with my friends.
This sounds like a joke. I hope this is a joke. :(

LickableLemons7
10-30-2011, 02:57 AM
That was kind of needless.

Your friend sounds like he's pussy-whipped pretty badly. You should tell him to grow some balls or try to find someone who doesn't need to control him.

:(

You know what else is needless? This thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=339178

Yeah, that friend of mine can't help but show off. A lot. We should all tell him to ditch her. But I don't think he will. She's hot.

Ok, no more straying off topic! Uh, Glasslands, Glasslands, Glasslands...still don't have it yet.

DarkReign2021
10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
This sounds like a joke. I hope this is a joke. :(

Nope. No joke. Also not allowed to use my mic on Xbox Live when she's home since it annoys her. Don't worry. The divorce papers are coming soon though.

LickableLemons7
10-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Nope. No joke. Also not allowed to use my mic on Xbox Live when she's home since it annoys her. Don't worry. The divorce papers are coming soon though.
The Six - Six Girls You Date in College - YouTube

Hmph. Some wife. She doesn't even let you go out with friends. Divorce if you must.

3 Personal Questions You May or May Not Answer:

1. How long have you two been married?

2. What did you initially intend on getting out of this relationship?

3. How old were you when you became married?

Bonus: What is the function of a rubber duck?

I mean, I was about to get married last May, but after my fiancee's grandmother died late April, we canceled the marriage. I don't know why this thought popped in my head, but it occurred to me I didn't have to rush things like marriage. It's one of those things that take time, and once you mature, it will benefit you. The two of us still go out frequently , like hiking or kayaking, and sometimes she games with me now and again. We're taking our time and enjoying ourselves to improve. I mean, we're both 23, I'm positive we still have a lot of life left to enjoy.

So take your time to find someone else that isn't a prat, and be sure she isn't a prat, is basically what I'm trying to say.

DarkReign2021
10-30-2011, 11:08 PM
1. Going on 2 years of getting married.
2. Not sure really. Guess I was just hoping she was going to calm down and present her more bearable traits and the more unbearable ones would regress, which was exactly the opposite of what actually happened.
3. 19, almost 20.
Bonus: Fairly certain the rubber duckey is meant to be the first thing you grab in a futile attempt to hide your willy when an unexpected person walks in on you while you're soaking in the tub.

Did I pass the test?

Honestly I would've been divorced a lot sooner, but we have some debt issues and between that and Rent I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up with everything. I'm kind of depending on her paychecks at the moment. Even though they're pretty small and not much help, every little bit counts at the moment. Banking on a good Tax return getting me forward this January.

And yes, I'm definitely taking my time to find somebody else to settle down with. Right now I'm messing around with a girl that has absolutely no interest in getting married, so I know she won't con me into getting married anytime in the near future.

Ty-Rex
10-31-2011, 03:51 AM
I don't know why this thought popped in my head, but it occurred to me I didn't have to rush things like marriage. It's one of those things that take time, and once you mature, it will benefit you. The two of us still go out frequently , like hiking or kayaking, and sometimes she games with me now and again. We're taking our time and enjoying ourselves to improve. I mean, we're both 23, I'm positive we still have a lot of life left to enjoy.
This is the best way you could possibly handle any relationship ever.

2. Not sure really. Guess I was just hoping she was going to calm down and present her more bearable traits and the more unbearable ones would regress, which was exactly the opposite of what actually happened.
It's funny how things work like that. It also works that way when you hang around friends for more than a day or two. It's amazing how someone you get along with so well can just become the person you hate the most in the world after you spend a just week living with them. I couldn't even imagine 2 horrible years.

3. 19, almost 20.I'm sure you realize this in hindsight, but that was way too young to make a huge commitment like that. At least you know now though and you won't jump into something like that again.

Honestly I would've been divorced a lot sooner, but we have some debt issues and between that and Rent I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up with everything. I'm kind of depending on her paychecks at the moment. Even though they're pretty small and not much help, every little bit counts at the moment. Banking on a good Tax return getting me forward this January.You know, despite how much people say it's a loser thing to do, living with your family is one of the best things you can do out of college (as long as you have a good relationship with them, of course). I don't have to worry about full rent, and I got my student loans paid off a year and a half after college. I spend like 90% of my waking time at work now anyway, so it's not like I feel like the typical nerd who lives in mom's basement. There's also no basement so that may be why too.

Oh and I still don't get how tax returns work at all. One year I got about $1,500 back, then the next year I get $300 back. Made pretty much the same money both years.

And yes, I'm definitely taking my time to find somebody else to settle down with. Right now I'm messing around with a girl that has absolutely no interest in getting married, so I know she won't con me into getting married anytime in the near future.Yo dude, don't get her knocked up. It totally didn't work out for my parents at all. When I asked my father how he proposed to my mother, he said, "She said she didn't want to have an abortion, so I had no other choice but to marry her."

Great story, dad.

DarkReign2021
10-31-2011, 06:03 AM
I've wanted to go back in with my parents for a little while just to get some money saved up, but I'm stuck at about the halfway point of a 5-year lease with my current apartment (they cut us a helluva deal to do 5 years.) so until I either find a way to make more money or spend less each month, I'm still trapped with her for a while.

And trust me, there's no worry about getting my "mistress" knocked up. Not that I should really be talking about this with complete strangers on the internet in a Halo social board, but I don't have sex with anybody. Haven't in nearly 4 years. I guess "messing around" is a deceptive term. I... "flirt with and hang around" another girl that I really like. That a little more accurate?

As for Tax returns, there's really no "Getting it." You put money into it every year and hope to god the government doesn't decide to charge you more when it's time to give back. Unfortunately we have a fucking moron in office right now and every year he signs new crap into law that makes our tax returns even smaller as a result. Two years ago I got $1300 between my wife and I. Last year I got $800. This year I'm expecting even less.

Ty-Rex
10-31-2011, 06:57 AM
I've wanted to go back in with my parents for a little while just to get some money saved up, but I'm stuck at about the halfway point of a 5-year lease with my current apartment (they cut us a helluva deal to do 5 years.) so until I either find a way to make more money or spend less each month, I'm still trapped with her for a while.
Ouch, that's a pretty bad situation. Hopefully the job market over by you isn't as awful as it is here. One of my friends that finished school is working shit job in retail for $10 an hour and he had to apply like crazy just to get that. It's also over in NYC so he has to spend money on the commute there and pay higher New York taxes.

Not that I should really be talking about this with complete strangers on the internet in a Halo social board, but I don't have sex with anybody.
Clearly the Halo 4 forum will become the relationship/life advice forum. It will be the best forum.

I guess "messing around" is a deceptive term. I... "flirt with and hang around" another girl that I really like. That a little more accurate?
Yeah, messing around always = sex in my vocab. I had a similar miscommunication with my friend who uses the term "hooking up" meaning to make out with a girl, while I always just thought it meant sex. This lead to me thinking for years that he was friggin Casanova all throughout high school.

LickableLemons7
10-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Clearly the Halo 4 forum will become the relationship/life advice forum. It will be the best forum.

Just you wait till the Halo 5 and 6 forums! That's when I'll... never mind...

Ty-Rex
10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Just you wait till the Halo 5 and 6 forums! That's when I'll... never mind...
I'm hoping 5 will be the sex advice forum and 6 will be the emotional childhood trauma forum.

I can't wait!

LickableLemons7
11-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Today was a fairly nice day, I went to the bookstore across from my local mall to pick up Glasslands (as well as new copies of A Clockwork Orange and The Catcher in the Rye, my dog managed to bust into my room and snuffle through the bottom row of my bookshelf, tearing through the copies (I put them down horizontally, intending to reread them soon, I do that whenever I want to reread a book, as a reminder)) yet the bookstore managed to be closed for no apparent reason. So I drove a fair 35 miles to the only known location of another bookstore in my region (Borders closed down recently, and there were 2 in my area :() which was a Barnes and Noble. Got everything that I wanted, but then I realized that I should probably reread Ghosts of Onyx before reading Glasslands. I just hope my dog won't break into my room anytime soon.

Sooo... *harrumph* back on topic, I suppose? Or at least in the near future...

Note: To those who haven't read Glasslands yet, there may be spoilers in my future posts in this thread. Just saying.

RBmaster9345
11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Wow, did NOT know this was even out yet. What are your guy's thoughts on it? Worth getting?

MixMaker1
11-21-2011, 05:09 AM
My copy just came in the mail. Re-reading GoO then I'm on to this. Excited to read it!

LickableLemons7
12-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Meh. Glasslands is "decent" so far. I'm on chapter 11 right now, about midway through the book. I feel like I should say this is my second to last favorite novel the franchise has dished out, with that atrocity by DIETZ being my least favorite. In my opinion, Traviss's short story in Evolutions entitled "Human Weakness," is waaaaaay more engaging compared to Glasslands. Its as if I'm romping through a bog, the plotline just seems too slow. I hope it improves in the latter portions of the book, or I may not buy a future sequel to Glasslands(if it is spat out by Traviss).

Vectorman953
12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Okay,
So I've read next to all of the Halo Books (barring some of the stories from evolutions that I borrowed from my friend) and I love Ghosts of Onyx (Kurt :() and Halo: Cryptum (I think the forerunner trilogy is going to be amazing)...

... But I just cannot follow Grasslands. There are like 5 different story lines going on, and it's not helping that I only get 30min here and one hour there or so every other day to really sit down and read. I've read Karen's gears of war books, but I'm not really digging these?

So, I guess my question is; Should I suck it up, and keep on trucking? Is the story really that amazing enough to sacrifice actual gaming time for?

Edit: Clearly the Halo 4 forum will become the relationship/life advice forum. It will be the best forum.
This made me laugh out loud (for real real) while at work, for about a full 45 seconds.
Would I be able to throw my hat in for failed relationships I'm (relatively) stuck in?

LickableLemons7
12-20-2011, 12:09 AM
I've read Karen's gears of war books, but I'm not really digging these?

So, I guess my question is; Should I suck it up, and keep on trucking? Is the story really that amazing enough to sacrifice actual gaming time for?

Edit:
This made me laugh out loud (for real real) while at work, for about a full 45 seconds.
Would I be able to throw my hat in for failed relationships I'm (relatively) stuck in?

Yeah, the Gears books were better than this. But if you desperately desire to gain more Halo more, then you should just finish Glasslands off. It wasn't presented in the best way to be sure, and I found it a little too comical, but that's probably just COG dialogue streaking through. Like DarkReign said above, it doesn't answer much, but it pushes the plotline a bit further.

As for failed relationships, I'm sure we can all sort this out. Hell, speak your mind. The Lick will help with all. Except for those with AIDS or STDS.

Ty-Rex
12-20-2011, 02:03 AM
As for failed relationships, I'm sure we can all sort this out. Hell, speak your mind. The Lick will help with all. Except for those with AIDS or STDS.
Hey man, I'm just gonna say that you should not refer to yourself as "The Lick".

Edit: Unless you become a pornstar.

LickableLemons7
12-23-2011, 07:50 PM
But...but...I like "The Lick."

Maybe I should ditch working for Lockheed Martin and start my career afresh as a pornstar.

MixMaker1
01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Bumping this - what do you guys think of the ending.

The third part of the book was really good. Middle got very stale and a bit hard to follow. Loved the interrogation scene with Halsey. Despite them trying to make her look like "Hitler" I thought they kept Halsey's character consistent during a tense scene.

Also, what the hell was that at the end? "It's not us...?"