PDA

View Full Version : Not so much an achievement but more of a challenge: Full career without buying a car

SIDEWALKxSLAM
10-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Being that this game seems a little too easy with the 100% upgrade discount I'm going to make an attempt to do a full career with only using the gift cars or go a little further any only use the 100% upgrade discount... which would more or less be going though the whole career without spending a single credit. I dont know if anybody would want to join me on this but it seems like it would be interesting. Ive made it to level 14 with out spending a dime.

martyrdon
10-14-2011, 01:58 AM
That is a cool Idea, and in Rival Mode you can drive many cars and earn money and gain XP also

Shinobi273
10-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Being that this game seems a little too easy with the 100% upgrade discount I'm going to make an attempt to do a full career with only using the gift cars or go a little further any only use the 100% upgrade discount... which would more or less be going though the whole career without spending a single credit. I dont know if anybody would want to join me on this but it seems like it would be interesting. Ive made it to level 14 with out spending a dime.

There aren't any race restrictions that require you buy a car? Eventually, you might need a particular car that you just have to buy.

martyrdon
10-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Maybe in the event list there will be but Season mode always gives you options for cars you have there for he should be able to finish off season 10 and level up to Driver level 50 with no problem

SIDEWALKxSLAM
10-14-2011, 02:27 AM
It seems doable and so far theres always been a choice of races with for cars. So I'm fairly certain I can get through a career with out actually spending a dime. Havent found it in the stats menu if it tracks credits spent on cars or upgrades just as a way to keep me honest at this ya know.

Alaskanassassin
10-14-2011, 03:30 AM
The whole money system seems pretty useless now with the amount of cars you get for leveling up and the free upgrades after level 4.

SuperSkyline89
10-14-2011, 03:46 AM
The whole money system seems pretty useless now with the amount of cars you get for leveling up and the free upgrades after level 4.

It's not just about being given tons of cars. It's about driving the ones that you care about. Looking at the list of reward cars there are a few levels that don't give me anything I really care about. And there are plenty of cars that I will drive or make liveries for that aren't going to be given to me for free.

Mohegan13
10-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Career is too easy even without upgrading. I haven't touched it since the first season.

Anthonymrb
10-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Once I got my Lancer Evo, I got to Level 4 and never looked back. This is the only car I have purchased, and it does me well with career.

esckalayd
10-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I am following this idea pretty closely as well. I found i get more of a challenge when i turn all assists off, race manual w/ clutch, and simulated tire wear/damage. Plus, u get a lot of XP :woop: