PDA

View Full Version : How do i import from FM3 to FM4?

NomoreNiceGuy
10-14-2011, 02:40 AM
as the title says, and i havent been gifted those cars that you get gifted if your level 50

rekikire
10-14-2011, 03:03 AM
After you finish the first race that you do in the ferrari it prompts you to import at that time if it can find a forza 3 save file on the same storage device that you have your forza 4 save.

NomoreNiceGuy
10-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Thanks, guess ill delete and start a new game. no big deal, i havent even finished second year

TealPavelski
10-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Same here. I gotta buy a copy of Forza 3 this week, otherwise I'll never get to play Career! I can kick myself for deleting my F3 save files...what was I thinking?!

NomoreNiceGuy
10-14-2011, 05:46 AM
One more question

If i get a unicorn car on forza 3 now, will i be able to transfers it over?
I sent the pre-order recipt with email so it will ba a shame if i get it in a week and got to start a new save

rekikire
10-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Yes, the Pre-order unicorn transfers over. The second achievement I got in Forza 4 was the unicorn hunter. But again, you can only transfer it after the first race in the ferrari. You can always move your save to a USB drive, start a new save, do the first race, import the unicorn, then delete this save and move your old one back.

Lewi
10-14-2011, 09:04 AM
when ou say carer are you just talking about te world tour? because I'm on season 3. ive gotten an achievement for each one? is it the same?

djrapperz
10-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Oh dam i dont av FM3 on my storage device :(

xb06gamer
10-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I dont remember it asking me to import. I tried moving my game save and doing the first race again and I still didnt see anything about importing. What am I missing here?

DominicH1712
10-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Can the import be done at any time or can it only be done on initial start up?

Blitz MMCCV
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Can the import be done at any time or can it only be done on initial start up?

Only on the initial start up and you need to be at least Driver lv1 i tried it with a driver lv.0 save and it didnt work.

DominicH1712
10-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Only on the initial start up and you need to be at least Driver lv1 i tried it with a driver lv.0 save and it didnt work.

looks like a game re start once finished then, new xbox=no save data :(

NomoreNiceGuy
10-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Yes, the Pre-order unicorn transfers over. The second achievement I got in Forza 4 was the unicorn hunter. But again, you can only transfer it after the first race in the ferrari. You can always move your save to a USB drive, start a new save, do the first race, import the unicorn, then delete this save and move your old one back.
Thanks, guess ill do that. IF i get the car

Painkiller Q8
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Didn't work at all, I moved my save to some USB and removed it completely from my Xbox.. then I created a new save while my F3 save on the HDD !!

Completed the Ferrari race, then 2 more races in the Career to level 1 .. but still nothing !!
is it a pop message or I have to go some where in the game ??

please help me out !

JetCityCobra
10-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Didn't work at all, I moved my save to some USB and removed it completely from my Xbox.. then I created a new save while my F3 save on the HDD !!

Completed the Ferrari race, then 2 more races in the Career to level 1 .. but still nothing !!
is it a pop message or I have to go some where in the game ??

please help me out !

I'm really curious to know about this as well. Has anyone moved the Forza 4 save off, played Forza 3 and then put Forza 4 in and gotten the achievement?

Were you successful in putting the original Forza 4 gamesave back on and carrying on where you left off?

Cab00se1984
10-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Worked for me. Bought the VIP Pack on FM3 for 10 bucks. I had already started a game on 4, so I transferred all save data to an SD Card, started a new game, after the Ferrari race it asked to import files. Did so, and got Unicorn and Forza Faithful.

JetCityCobra
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Thank you for the answer. I'll have to go and pick up a copy of FM3 then. :)