PDA

View Full Version : FM4 - Installation to HDD

LNG SaNdMaN
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Stuck at work, but my copy of FM4 LCE is waiting for me at home...

I'm assuming that the game is on 2 discs, as per FM3. For those that have installed to HDD, is there a special method for installing to HDD?

I seem to remember that with FM3, I installed the first disc as normal, and then there was an in-game prompt, asking me whether I wanted to install the second disc.

Mohegan13
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Install disc 1.
Install any DLC from codes you have.
Start the game - watch the forced intro with Clarkson
Play the forced 1 lap race with all easy settings on (least fun I have ever had in a game frankly, they could at least let you set the difficulty on it)
After this race you get the prompt to import you save or start new game. If you want to import your FM3 save and get all the extra cars and some credits do so.
After you pick your starting car - back out of the menu to the main screen, install disc 2 is on the right.

LNG SaNdMaN
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks for that, much appreciated. :)

three15
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Anyone got any idea why Disc 1 keeps spinning even though it's installed to the HDD?

skaghead
10-14-2011, 01:57 PM
It stops after a while,normally just on grid for my first race

RYARNI
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Anyone got any idea why Disc 1 keeps spinning even though it's installed to the HDD?

This happens on Gears 3 too, its some anti piracy change/measure they employ now.

SuperSkyline89
10-14-2011, 02:36 PM
This happens on Gears 3 too, its some anti piracy change/measure they employ now.

It does stop spinning eventually like skaghead said though right?

The only reason I ever installed games was to stop the disc spinning. It's so much quieter, produces less heat, and doesn't risk damaging the disc.

Anthonymrb
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
It does stop spinning eventually like skaghead said though right?

The only reason I ever installed games was to stop the disc spinning. It's so much quieter, produces less heat, and doesn't risk damaging the disc.

This is why I install. And it usually adds faster load times.