PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about Weapon Crazy acheevo

JSP 16
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
what happens if you turn take out the battery pack ....

-does it get paused?
-and if it does...does it stop the in-game timer?

Teh Paralyzer
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
If you take out the battery the game will not stop. Same as unplugging the PS2 controller

There is no way to stop gametime.

JSP 16
10-15-2011, 08:01 AM
as shiett....well might as well try to challenge myself sometime this week.....and guess the only real way to stop the timer is by throwing my system out the window eh? crap

Gor1lla
10-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Hitting it with a hammer works, too.

Teh Paralyzer
10-16-2011, 07:33 AM
^ agreed. Also burning it can also do it.

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Slamming it against your wall works just as well c:

merzitar
10-24-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't think there is any way to stop the time. The only thing that MAY work (I haven't tested it) is if you press :back: on the controller, which will take you to the pause menu (option. . . not inventory). Otherwise, just make sure you're ready before you attempt it and make sure you'll be free for a while. Also, don't forget that you can save it ONLY ONCE AND ONLY WHEN IT ASKS YOU TO. And also remember to give the medicine to Rodrigo and NEVER USE FIRST AID SPRAYS. And finally, dodge as many enemies as you can (use Claire's custom handgun on any Hunters). I managed to get this achievement on my first try, luckily (well I died right at the end, but I only had to do half of the game again) with a playtime of around 2:30:00. It's funny because it seems like you're on it for longer than you actually are to the point that I was actually getting worried that I would not complete it within 4:30:00.

Sirfacee
10-25-2011, 01:48 AM
I don't think there is any way to stop the time. The only thing that MAY work (I haven't tested it) is if you press :back: on the controller, which will take you to the pause menu (option. . . not inventory). Otherwise, just make sure you're ready before you attempt it and make sure you'll be free for a while. Also, don't forget that you can save it ONLY ONCE AND ONLY WHEN IT ASKS YOU TO. And also remember to give the medicine to Rodrigo and NEVER USE FIRST AID SPRAYS. And finally, dodge as many enemies as you can (use Claire's custom handgun on any Hunters). I managed to get this achievement on my first try, luckily (well I died right at the end, but I only had to do half of the game again) with a playtime of around 2:30:00. It's funny because it seems like you're on it for longer than you actually are to the point that I was actually getting worried that I would not complete it within 4:30:00.

Does this mean that i could stop if you want to? and I Heard That Giving Juan Medicine has nothing to do with it?

Sirfacee
10-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Does this also mean i have to do it in one playthrough?

Teh Paralyzer
10-25-2011, 04:21 AM
The back button does NOT stop the clock. I think it might in RE4 but thats not the point lol.

merzitar
10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Does this mean that i could stop if you want to? and I Heard That Giving Juan Medicine has nothing to do with it?

Hmm... I'm not sure them, but to be honest, you have to head that way anyway so you might as well do it (it takes about two - three minutes). Plus you'll want the Lockpick for Claire's Custom Handgun (which is really great against Hunters in my opinion).

And about your second question - you can save once when it says "Save 1st half end data?" because it does not count as a save. This means that you can take a break or turn it off. It also means that if you die, you only need to start from the second half. However, if you do die, just make sure you don't click Retry, because if you do, that'll stop you from getting an A rank.

The back button does NOT stop the clock. I think it might in RE4 but thats not the point lol.

Thanks for confirming that.

Teh Paralyzer
10-27-2011, 04:52 AM
You MUST give Rodrigo the medicine. You cannot A Rank without doing that.

merzitar
10-27-2011, 07:10 PM
You MUST give Rodrigo the medicine. You cannot A Rank without doing that.
I thought I wasn't going mad lol. Again though, as I said, you might as well do it because it literally takes two minutes because you have to go that way anyway, and you get the lockpick which you need for Claire's custom handgun... which I think is ass-kicking on hunters.

StuartH
12-11-2011, 11:58 PM
My time at the End 1st Half save is 2 hours - is that good enough to get the A rank? I don't know whether the 2nd half is longer than the 1st.

I got 276 bullets, 17 explosive bows, 18/8/6 grenade, acid flame rounds and about 10 green herbs.

If 2 hours isn't fast enough I want to re-do it before trying the 2nd half. I did a couple of things in the wrongs order by mistake!

theirishmagnum
01-24-2012, 04:05 AM
Considering the fact that you can save up to 3 times in any resident evil game and still get an "A" rank makes me wonder who said you can't save in the 1st place? well it wasn't a hard game with the 3 saves plus the free 1, so I don't know why people say it's so hard?....sounds like someone was trying to make this seem harder than it actually is! since iv beat it with saves:confused:

Janier234
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah but did you get the rocket launcher with your 3 saves?

CORPSIE19
11-21-2012, 01:16 AM
this is ganna be hard