PDA

View Full Version : Dual release dates

KACHRIS 123
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Why is this being released on 2 different dates and not the same date worldwide like gears 3. Or do the americans need a head start???, another leaderboard awash with americans on the day of release!!!.

Grey Delta
10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Most games release on Tuesday in America and Friday in Europe, nothing new here. I agree that this game warrants a worldwide release though.

Also, if you're that worried about where you are on the leaderboard, I'd suggest you're looking at the wrong game.

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Why is this being released on 2 different dates and not the same date worldwide like gears 3. Or do the americans need a head start???, another leaderboard awash with americans on the day of release!!!.

I'm sure that's not the case...

Most games release on Tuesday in America and Friday in Europe, nothing new here. I agree that this game warrants a worldwide release though.

Also, if you're that worried about where you are on the leaderboard, I'd suggest you're looking at the wrong game.

I wasn't aware that anyone even cared about leaderboards anymore. Someone please name me just one leaderboard that isn't topped by a glitcher/cheater...

Grey Delta
10-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Someone please name me just one leaderboard that isn't topped by a glitcher/cheater...

KACHRIS 123 :p

EDIT: I'm retarded, I read that as one person who thinks leaderboards aren't topped by glitchers/cheaters...

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
KACHRIS 123 :p

EDIT: I'm retarded, I read that as one person who thinks leaderboards aren't topped by glitchers/cheaters...

Hahaha!!! I read your first response and was wondering what you were smoking!

Tatanko
10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Or do the americans need a head start???,
Uhhhh no...

Who honestly cares about leaderboards? Like CGPsaint said, the top 10% of every leaderboard is hackers/glitchers anyway.

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Uhhhh no...

Who honestly cares about leaderboards? Like CGPsaint said, the top 10% of every leaderboard is hackers/glitchers anyway.

Technically, anyone who played the "beta" will have a head start at unlocking all the the goodies.

Tatanko
10-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Technically, anyone who played the "beta" will have a head start at unlocking all the the goodies.
Definitely. I played the crap out of the Assault class, so I know more or less what that class has to offer (and when) before I even play the final game.

littlejay
10-14-2011, 05:47 PM
worrying over leaderboard spots are silly. friend leaderboards can be fun but overall stats are full of people that have nothing better to do. i work then play for fun. who cares what my spot is :p

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Definitely. I played the crap out of the Assault class, so I know more or less what that class has to offer (and when) before I even play the final game.

Same here. Odds are that unless my team needs me in a different capacity that I'll spend the majority of my time playing a Medic.

worrying over leaderboard spots are silly. friend leaderboards can be fun but overall stats are full of people that have nothing better to do. i work then play for fun. who cares what my spot is :p

I have a friendly competition with my best friend in regards to stats in games, but at the end of the day it's all about having fun and playing together.

Nitnoid
10-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Yes, I am American and I need a head start.

Cooljoe
10-15-2011, 12:21 AM

Sometimes u.k. Gamers get games early too though... So idk about that...

Isn't it like thIs for nearly every game, with us getting it first, or am I hallucinating?!:confused: nothing new..

fastNcurious
10-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Isn't it like thIs for nearly every game, with us getting it first, or am I hallucinating?!:confused: nothing new..

:whs I thought this has been going on since caveman days. The North American cave-people got to play with the woolly mammoths at least two days before others worldwide.

CGPsaint
10-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Yes, I am American and I need a head start. Europeans were living in and around 2 world wars on home turf so they have an advantage over us.

This really isn't coming off as funny as you imagined it would...

:whs I thought this has been going on since caveman days. The North American cave-people got to play with the woolly mammoths at least two days before others worldwide.

Yup. We had 2 whole days of experience in knowing that the pointy end of the spear goes in the wooly creature.

MediumMelanin
10-15-2011, 06:47 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering that too :confused:...it's nothing new, and they're questioning it for Battlefield 3! :uzi:

Look at most games, and it's been like this for a long time!

Vegaskingz
10-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Just out of curiosity, why do games release on a tuesday in America?

Nitnoid
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
This really isn't coming off as funny as you imagined it would....

Actually, it is. I've gotten several responses of LOL. Maybe your sense of humor needs tweaked?

Grey Delta
10-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Actually, it is. I've gotten several responses of LOL. Maybe your sense of humor needs tweaked?

I can't see a single LOL response, nor a response of any kind apart from CGPsaint. Maybe your sense of eyesight need to be tweaked? ;)

Nitnoid
10-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I can't see a single LOL response, nor a response of any kind apart from CGPsaint. Maybe your sense of eyesight need to be tweaked? ;)

Emails, but I apologize. But not to the humor police.

Tatanko
10-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do games release on a tuesday in America?
My searching tells me this:

The answer is that Tuesday is traditionaly the slowest retail day of the week. In order to help boost daily retail numbers it helps the store maintain a healthy sales level throughout the slow time of the week, and allows the retailer time to prepare a suitable stock for the high retail days of Fri/Sat/Sun/.
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26339330

Apparently it's been that way as far back as music releases. Anymore, it might just be tradition though. Microsoft does the same thing for the Live Marketplace.

CGPsaint
10-16-2011, 03:36 PM
My searching tells me this:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26339330

Apparently it's been that way as far back as music releases. Anymore, it might just be tradition though. Microsoft does the same thing for the Live Marketplace.

Does this mean that Europe doesn't have a slow retail day? When I lived in Germany, my town shut down daily for lunch...

xX Rom Xx
10-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I hate split release dates. Only because UK gets it last.

I dont really see why they do it, surely its more work ? Advertsing wise etc?

Especially for such a big release, id like to see worldwide. Ala COD.
Though being a friday means i can whore it all weekend :)

CGPsaint
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I hate split release dates. Only because UK gets it last.

I dont really see why they do it, surely its more work ? Advertsing wise etc?

Especially for such a big release, id like to see worldwide. Ala COD.
Though being a friday means i can whore it all weekend :)

I'm just spitballing here, but could it also have something to do with shipping rates during different times of the week? For instance, a game publisher can ship a game overnight in the US to make street date, but to ship the same package international would cost substantially more. Therefore if they ship the international releases standard, even if it gets there early, it isn't really breaking the street date because it has already launched in the US?

xX Rom Xx
10-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Not thought of that. Tight bastards if thats the case!

Assumed it was manufactured at multiple locations. Imagine getting your hands on a cargo container full of BF3 a few days early :o

TheUglyCasanova
10-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Good ol' Tuesday. Makes sense that the release games on that day to pick up the would be less than spectacular sales though. Anyway it's good for me, think I might die if I had to wait any longer to get my BF on! Americaaa fuck ya! :p

I thought the DICE team was like french or something though? At least the interview videos I've watched have all been next to impossible to understand to my uno-lingual mind. :confused:

Nine...more...days...ahhhh.

Andreas_loel
10-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Good ol' Tuesday. Makes sense that the release games on that day to pick up the would be less than spectacular sales though. Anyway it's good for me, think I might die if I had to wait any longer to get my BF on! Americaaa fuck ya! :p

I thought the DICE team was like french or something though? At least the interview videos I've watched have all been next to impossible to understand to my uno-lingual mind. :confused:

Nine...more...days...ahhhh.

FRENCH?

You disgust me...

Grey Delta
10-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Swedish assault squad inbound! :p

CGPsaint
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
FRENCH?

You disgust me...

Haha! Ditto this!

Swedish assault squad inbound! :p

How do I earn a spot on this "Swedish Assault Squad?" I totally want in on that.

Grey Delta
10-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Ask Andreas_loel up there :p

CGPsaint
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Ask Andreas_loel up there :p

I really hope there's a few ladies in that Swedish Squad. They have some beautiful womenfolk over there. ;)

ITD Soldierboy
10-17-2011, 06:29 PM

Are you new to gaming? A lot of games have more than one release date. It just works like that. Besides if you were honestly upset that Americans would have 3 extra days to get on the leaderboards, I'm afraid to inform you that people already Battlefield 3 and are playing as we speak. It's nothing new, a lot of people seem to get games early nowadays, whether legit or not is not the case.

CGPsaint
10-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Are you new to gaming? A lot of games have more than one release date. It just works like that. Besides if you were honestly upset that Americans would have 3 extra days to get on the leaderboards, I'm afraid to inform you that people already Battlefield 3 and are playing as we speak. It's nothing new, a lot of people seem to get games early nowadays, whether legit or not is not the case.

Wasn't it Bungie/Microsoft who dropped the Almighty Ban-Hammer on a shitload of peeps for breaking the street date on Halo: ODST?