PDA

View Full Version : New to BF

xDavexSKYNET
10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey guys!

I'm new to Battlefield. I just wanted to ask how hard is it to get into the game? Can you compare it to Homefront? And I know it's nothing like CoD.

Where can I find out what's the best class for me?

Thanks in advance!

IronBrutzler
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Have you not played the Beta?

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Hey guys!

I'm new to Battlefield. I just wanted to ask how hard is it to get into the game? Can you compare it to Homefront? And I know it's nothing like CoD.

Thanks in advance!

It will take a little bit of time to get used to the fact that this is NOT a run and gun style shooter. Working as a team and thinking tactically will reward you. Running around like a chicken with you head cut off will not.

As far as what class is best for you, I would recommend experimenting with each of the classes, but ultimately the class you use should be a.) the one you are most comfortable with, and b.) the one that compliments your squad/team the most. If you are playing in a tank heavy map, then playing as an Engineer will obviously be more useful than playing a Recon class.

xDavexSKYNET
10-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Have you not played the Beta?

No I haven't. I though you only could play the beta if you pre-ordered Bulletstorm. :confused:

Thanks for the answers

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 06:10 PM
No I haven't. I though you only could play the beta if you pre-ordered Bulletstorm. :confused:

Thanks for the answers

People who purchased the Special Edition (Tier 1) of Medal Of Honor had early access on Sept. 27th and then it was an open beta starting on Sept. 29th.

xDavexSKYNET
10-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Sweet. I'm gonna check it out!

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Sweet. I'm gonna check it out!

Not sure what you're referring to exactly, but if you have nothing better to do then you might want to pick up a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and sink your teeth into it in preparation for the BF3 launch.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/battlefield-bad-company-2-platinum-hits/92874

On a side note, you'll want to purchase this game new as it's worthless without the VIP code to get you all of the goodies such as the DLC.

littlejay
10-14-2011, 06:34 PM
BF3 is best new as well so you know. you get a free expansion pack when it's released later.

as for starting classes, assault or support are good because they are nice for learning infantry combat and teamwork.

engineer would be fine as well if you want to learn to attack/support vehicles first.

it's not hard to get into the game but will take a few matches for you to get the feel for things and people who do know the maps will obviously have an advantage but if you play with friends it can still be a ton of fun while you learn the ropes :)

fastNcurious
10-15-2011, 12:10 AM

No offense, but that made me ROFL so hard. BF3 and Bulletstorm. Hahahaha.

Back on topic, it shouldn't be too difficult to get into BF3. I would advise you to consciously remain patient in the beginning as you learn the classes, weapons, maps, and gameplay mechanics. It took me a while to warm up to BFBC2, but I got it eventually. If something doesn't seem like it's working for you, don't blame the game right away; try something new (different class, weapon, etc) and see it that works out better. Before long, you'll be :uzi:with purpose.

Cooljoe
10-15-2011, 12:15 AM
One thing I can add is that you have to get a real good feel for battlefield to be at least decent with it. You can't just run in head on like cod and expect to learn the game like that. What you will like, op, about battlefield is that you have freedom. It is not so constrained like cod maps. You have more an opportunity to pick the spot you want to go to. Huge landscapes and vehicles. If you love fps, it's a must buy. Period.

CGPsaint
10-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Get yourself into a squad and follow them around like a needy puppy. Go where they go, do as they do. Once you learn the maps and get a good feel for how Rush and Conquest work then you'll be golden.

MediumMelanin
10-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Wow, people actually missed a PUBLIC beta? Just "wow!" I mean, I think it's good you missed the beta because the beta is nothing like the full game now, so just hop in and get accustomed to a "new" feeling, because you can't compare this to Homefront; I have the game and it feels more like Call of Duty, except a bit different in "Commander" mode.

WREQUIEM
10-15-2011, 02:19 PM
i played the beta. and learned real quick

CGPsaint
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
i played the beta. and learned real quick

Have you played previous installments or is this your first romp on the Battlefield?

Poppygalaxy
10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!

Not that hard. And "Noting like cod" isn't exactly true. If we were talking about BC2 then it would be quite a drastic change. But whit BF3 the changes have become smaller. You are much lighter then in previous BF games so it's more similar to cod that way.

The Main difference is obviously vehicles. You need to respect that if you see a tank you probably can't just run out and trow some C4 it. If he is half decent you're as will be toast.
You will need to perhaps back of, or tru to destroy it so he aren't ready for you. By RPG, C4 and so on.

Class wise stick whit the "Combat Medic" i think it's called at the start. You will get a AK or M16 whits is a all around decent gun. Even though some people seems to think it underpowered.

Other than that you might want to just play a bit more defense then in COD (Never played Homefront so don't know how it is there).
Just stick whit your squad, you will learn quickly how to master the game :p

HeavenSoldier
10-15-2011, 05:26 PM
In a way, it's good you missed the beta. The beta they had out really did not represent well, and probably would have turned you off the series early, without giving much chance to it.

If you can get it, BFBC2 is a good way to get into it early practice-wise. As far as general gameplay goes, it does not represent CoD or Homefront, which are both akin to run-and-gun style of play, whereas here you will be rewarded more for helping your team, and finishing objectives.

On starting class, I usually recommend a medic until you learn the various roles better, and how to survive better. It's generally good to be able to heal yourself when you're new until you can learn/perform better.

xWOLF85x
10-16-2011, 03:19 AM
this game is all about team work so if your a good team player then your set and if you looking for a squad let me know and ill add u