PDA

View Full Version : Disc 2 Problems?

iAshley91
10-14-2011, 06:23 PM
So, Disc 2 will not install for me.

It freezes on 3% and says 'Installation failed' everytime after I try and install through the main menu. I have already redeemed my codes and installed disc 1 to my HDD.

Any ideas?

SuperSkyline89
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
So, Disc 2 will not install for me.

It freezes on 3% and says 'Installation failed' everytime after I try and install through the main menu. I have already redeemed my codes and installed disc 1 to my HDD.

Any ideas?

If you bought it at a local store go there and tell them disc 2 won't work and as long as they aren't doucebags they should give you a replacement disc.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
try boiling it lsbel side up. sometimes there is an extra layer of film that blocks it from reading proaperly.

bring pot to boil,do so for 15-20 secs. then towel off. should work.

i've been doing this since oxm reported this works. it has for me & doesnt void your warrenty.

iAshley91
10-15-2011, 11:34 AM
So I decided to not boil my disc.

I did successfully install the game though, for those with problems, here's how:

I noticed that my game listed 'Corrupted Marketplace Content' as data in the memory after everytime I booted up the game. So I simply re-downloaded this content (it was the free BMW on the marketplace) and installation was successful.

esckalayd
10-15-2011, 11:38 AM
So I decided to not boil my disc.

I did successfully install the game though, for those with problems, here's how:

I noticed that my game listed 'Corrupted Marketplace Content' as data in the memory after everytime I booted up the game. So I simply re-downloaded this content (it was the free BMW on the marketplace) and installation was successful.

I had a similar issue with a corrupt save file when i would try to save tune's for different cars. This was odd, b/c it was 10 minutes after i started playing. I had to go to the game profile on the HD and delete the corrupted file. Thank god it didn't wipe anything important away :Bounce: