PDA

View Full Version : Races not counting... or Me stupid?

KiddingPigeon
10-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys, looking under stats I have won 11 races... I am 2 races away from finishing year 2 (so 11 races lol) however if i look under event list it shows only 6 races done?!?! I havent been keeping much of an active look of the races I have been doing but huh!

Is it possiabl under the main careea mode, it will go over events? so you end up redoing races?

Please anyone else if you have any info... comment ;)

(sorry for bad spelling... trying out swipe on my Galaxy ;) )

TwistedFate
10-14-2011, 09:59 PM
It picks 2 races based on what car you are currently in, and 1 based on a car in your garage. If you drive the same car all the time without upgrading, it is possible it will pick the same race more than once. However, to duplicate nearly 50% of the races doesn't sound right.

Qonok
10-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Same thing happening to me. I am in year 3 and I have only one event completed in the event screen and that one happened in year 1. I am also on my third car that I am using.
I just figured that some events were different or something.

-edit- I just saw what the guy below me just said and came back to mention it but I was beat to it. :)

bradlieus
10-14-2011, 11:00 PM
If you look carefully on the event list, you will see that you may have completed some races for events that aren't checked, i.e. they may say 1/5 completed.
Many events have multiple races, and in career mode you only do one of those races at a time.
Hope that helps!

Womz
10-15-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm quite certain I did a race during year 2 but it didn't mark it off on the events list ... keeps saying 0 races completed in the list for that event, but I know I did at least one of them.
To make sure I was checking the correct event, I got into the same car I used to win the race in the career mode, and double checked every event in green, and they were all 0 completed ... as if I had never done the race in career.

Optimus Grizley
10-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Same happened to me. I just completed the Fiat Punto EVO Sport spec series racing event in world tour. After winning the race I went to see how many races were in that event and says that I haven't even completed the one race yet. Must be a glitch in the game.

Giddimani
10-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Something strange happened when I checked this problem in my career and I am a little confused.

I just won race 2 in season 8 at the Silverstone Grand Prix at the S class "Twelve Cylinder Flagship Face Off".

Then I went to the eventlist and checked how many races I won at this event, which was 0/5. I then checked the tracks this event takes places and the Silverstone Grand Prix was not part of it.

So the game offered me a race in the season mode, which is not part of the eventlist :confused:

In conclusion I won 97 races and have only 62 races won in eventlist :(

€dit: I have TU1, so no fix if this is a problem and not a feature ;)

TwistedFate
10-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Then I went to the eventlist and checked how many races I won at this event, which was 0/5. I then checked the tracks this event takes places and the Silverstone Grand Prix was not part of it.

So the game offered me a race in the season mode, which is not part of the eventlist :confused:

The Season locations are fixed, as are the event types, but the designers have no way of knowing what car you will be in. To keep the game competitive and moving forward, as each season is supposed to get progressively more advanced, it tries to select a series that is equal to both what you are driving taking the Season you are in in consideration and places that "Event name" on the race whether there is actually a race there in that series or not.

You were far enough along that you needed some higher end competition, but you were at Silverstone. Since it has to choose 3 events, it may not have had another event to choose from it's existing list, so it made one up on the fly with drivers and cars deemed to be a competitive fit.

Giddimani
10-15-2011, 04:37 AM
thx for the explanation, I thought season mode would only choose from the eventlist like forza 3 did.

I just keep on racing until I finish season 10 and then I will see what happens, doesnt matter if it counts in eventlist bc like in every forza i am pretty sure I will race more than just the eventlist ;)

Dragon86
10-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I've also noticed that the class championships events are being marked off on incorrectly as well. I did the Class D Championship at Suzuka on the East Circuit and yet it marked off it being completed on the West.