PDA

View Full Version : Clean Lap

DominicH1712
10-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know why if I dont have a clean 1st lap, the game then also registers my 2nd and sometimes 3rd lap as unclean as soon as I cross the line. Also you lose clean status when the ai are drafting you which makes no sense as you are not gaining an advantage from that.
Doesnt exactly detract from the game more irritating than anything.

Sylon00
10-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know why if I dont have a clean 1st lap, the game then also registers my 2nd and sometimes 3rd lap as unclean as soon as I cross the line. Also you lose clean status when the ai are drafting you which makes no sense as you are not gaining an advantage from that.
Doesnt exactly detract from the game more irritating than anything.

A car drafting you from behind brings the air current off the back of your car, and even though it makes the car behind you faster than you, it also helps increase your speed as well. Thus making it an unnaturally faster lap.

As for your new lap being invalidated, that is because you did something towards the end of your last lap that invalidated it. If you do something (cut a corner, hit a wall or opponent, etc) too soon before the end of your lap, your next lap will get nicked too. Do you best to make the last 3-5 corners as clean as possible, and your next lap should be good.

the ferenczy
10-15-2011, 08:01 PM
If you want to post good clean laps on the leaderboards use free run. Good way to learn the tracks too.:)

DominicH1712
10-15-2011, 08:12 PM
i didnt realise that it depended how long before the end of the lap it happens, and i have to admit i've not noticed any gain when being drafted, but never mind, thanks for clearing that up.

SuperSkyline89
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
i didnt realise that it depended how long before the end of the lap it happens, and i have to admit i've not noticed any gain when being drafted, but never mind, thanks for clearing that up.

Don't expect to notice it, that kind of stuff is only noticeable with very similar performance at a very high level of competition. Basically unless it's Formula 1 you'll never notice.

This whole clean lap thing is pretty ridiculous honestly. Basically makes it impossible to set on unless you're the only car on the track so clean laps in World Tour are out of the question.