PDA

View Full Version : Turn 10 Ban Message

Jaxson 66
10-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Has anyone else here gotten the ban message for piracy from Turn 10 in game? I did earlier today. It told me to contact XBox Live Support so I did. They told me to return my game to Best Buy and get a new copy. I did some investigating and found out that someone else was told the same thing and it didn't help. Turn 10 is locking down every thread that talks about the bans. I have a legit version of the game and a receipt to back it up. I'm wondering if there were some bad discs that got thrown out there because mine had been giving me error messages earlier this week and today I had a race where all I could see was the other cars on the track and the background. I had to follow other cars around the track in order to finish.

It's just frustrating how Turn 10 hasn't came out and said anything about it. I was just wanting to know if anyone else on here has had the same problem.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/gamers-being-banned-for-playing-legitimate-copies-of-forza-4/

Sylon00
10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
I think its bullshit that they are telling people to go return the games at the store. Its not your problem if the disc they put in the case is pirated or not. Oh, and I could be wrong, but isn't it Best Buy's policy to not accept returns for open software/games/DVDs?

Abadagabada
10-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Best buy's return policy is a 30 day swap out for the same product if open I believe. That sucks though, I read the article you linked it mentioned something like 24 hours till something is fixed hopefully they let you back on, I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me.

Vigor
10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
After reading a lot of threads and complaints on this matter, I'm starting to think that T10 screwed up big time.

Also, the servers are completely shut down at the moment.

Thomas001122
10-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I got it yesterday. I've tried various methods(nothing bad but just telling them the situation) of getting someone to respond to me. Like you said Turn 10 locks the threads. MS won't even post my thread over there...at least not yet. I've tried twice.

It really disgusts me that they are basically calling me a thief when I know I have never pirated a game or MS points or anything of the such. I have a lot of games and a lot of receipts.

People have their own opinion and can believe how they want to believe but I know I haven't did anything wrong...the message said I had been warned about it in the past...no no no and no. Their servers obviously screwed something up somewhere.

It'd help if I knew if the supposed pirated game was Forza 4(that is the only game giving me problems and where the message came from though). I can even play Forza 3 and access all of the features in it.

The game is great but without the other features it isn't as good as it would have been.

Sylon00
10-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I hope this is the reason why the servers are down, and that Turn10's piracy detection software is on the fritz and they are working to fix the problem.

But could you imagine the scandal if pirated games did make it into legit cases and into stores? Oh boy.

mgorsi
10-15-2011, 11:18 PM
seriously, I loved this game for the first 4 days.

Recently I realized they took out endurance races, i loved those, why would they take em out??? They also put 100 member limit on the clubs. Also U can't auction gifted/token cars. Lastly I was buying vinyl sets, and half of them are corrupted and can't be used, which is 30000cr lost. WTF??? Also autovista should be connected to world tour, and when u race, u should get cr, it feels like its left out.

Now the servers are messed up!! I had few auctions up, no idea what happened.

come on turn10 get ur shit together, we have wayy too many games coming out this fall, and we don't have time to waste here.

SuperSkyline89
10-15-2011, 11:36 PM
seriously, I loved this game for the first 4 days.

Recently I realized they took out endurance races, i loved those, why would they take em out??? They also put 100 member limit on the clubs. Also U can't auction gifted/token cars. Lastly I was buying vinyl sets, and half of them are corrupted and can't be used, which is 30000cr lost. WTF??? Also autovista should be connected to world tour, and when u race, u should get cr, it feels like its left out.

Now the servers are messed up!! I had few auctions up, no idea what happened.

come on turn10 get ur shit together, we have wayy too many games coming out this fall, and we don't have time to waste here.

You can't auction gifted cars because they don't want you to profit off someone else's work. I send gift cars to my friends whenever I make a new livery, I sure as hell wouldn't do that if I thought they would auction them off to make money off my work, or take credit for it.

As for the servers, things are going crazy and it's really annoying but with a game that has such a huge online community I'm not surprised. I just hope they fix it before the weekend is over, I won't be playing again for two weeks because of school so if I can't upload my pics and designs I'm going to be mad.

AA x driv3r
10-16-2011, 12:17 AM
This, is why I didn't get the game on release day and waited to get it. I knew everyone would get it as soon as it was released, and that would cause the servers to shut down due to the high amount of players.

DominicH1712
10-16-2011, 12:39 AM
This just posted on the Turn10 facebook page "We are investigating claims from a select group of Forza 4 players who believe they have been unfairly banned from Xbox LIVE. We take piracy issues very seriously and will be investigating this matter case by case. If we find accounts that have been banned in error, we will reinstate them." Source http://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport

Thomas001122
10-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Case by case? That sounds like it would take a while if they are being honest about it and not just sedning a damage control message. :confused: Also the message should say banned from some Forza 4 features not Xbox Live...at least in my case.

mgorsi
10-16-2011, 01:30 AM
well, time to get excited for Batman!!

Jaxson 66
10-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Case by case? That sounds like it would take a while if they are being honest about it and not just sedning a damage control message. :confused: Also the message should say banned from some Forza 4 features not Xbox Live...at least in my case.

Same here. It's on Forza only.

Painkiller Q8
10-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Same here, I have a legit copy and I've got that message from Turn10 and I'm banned now from some online stuff like sell/buy, auctionhouse...etc !

this is really bad and I hope they deal with it before its too late and the game gets old !!!!!!!!!!!

Matt36
10-16-2011, 11:49 AM
well, time to get excited for Batman!!

Amen. I'm pretty much done with this.

TXClark
10-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Is it based on standard edition or limited editions? Also playing from disc or installed on HDD?

Matt36
10-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Is it based on standard edition or limited editions? Also playing from disc or installed on HDD?

If we knew that, don't you think there would be a thread warning people?

Mohegan13
10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I assuming that it is limited to either regular or LCE I would guess that it is the regular edition. If you pirated the LCE you wouldn't have the VIP/LCE content as they require one time use codes which would suggest the system wouldn't flag those accounts.

Jaxson 66
10-16-2011, 02:00 PM
I have the standard edition. I have the game's 2nd disc installed on my hard drive. I bought the Season Pass. I have no idea what other info could be of use.

Sylon00
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
This begs the question, how would people with pirated copies of the game, be able to get the content that was included with the game, the codes on that card in the case? If it was a fake copy, you wouldn't get those codes.

Thomas001122
10-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, mine is the limited edition. This sucks and I miss the features I can't use.

Mohegan13
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
It does make you wonder whether some of these "I have it legit" people actually downloaded the pirate copy a week early because they couldn't wait for the retail release and got caught and are trying to get out by saying they only have used the legit one.

Not saying it's true in all cases by any means, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true of some of them.

Thomas001122
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
That is probably true in some cases. There's really no way of proving anything except showing the receipt though.

If they really do investigate it then I should have those features back sometime. If I don't get them back I will not buy another Turn 10 game in my life. I know people say that all the time but I feel insulted by this. That and their attitude of we right yous is wrong annoys the crap out of me. Both companies shifting the blame and giving their customers the run around.

The fact is though it said the server flagged me for being notified about loading a pirated disc in the past too...or something like that. This didn't happen(meaning I was never warned except for this Forza 4 thing) and whoever is involved with that side of things knows it. That would be MS and not Turn 10(yes I know MS owns Turn 10) I assume.

In closing I'm not willing to bend on the matter. They are wrong and I am 100 percent right in what I have said. May sound bad that way but this is ridiculous in my opinion.

Fifa08Meister
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
This is a very strange subject tbh. :)

Thomas001122
10-16-2011, 05:59 PM
One more thing. Would MS even just warn you about that? It seems like they would have suspended you or something.

Jaxson 66
10-16-2011, 08:35 PM
IMO if MS was responsible for the banning then all games would be affected. Since that is not the case then I think it's all on Turn 10. And I'm with you I hate their "elitist" attitude on the matter. Heck even the lady I talked to yesterday for Live support had this tone in her voice when she said that Forza is a Microsoft game and it can detect a pirated copy.

Thomas001122
10-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I think I'll just go back and finish up the solid gold achievement on Forza 3. I was alternating between the two games. Hopefully when I'm finished I'll be able to play Forza 4 the way I want to play it instead of with a lot of features missing. Sucks that I even have to wait.

Jaxson 66
10-16-2011, 09:26 PM
I was told on the Forza forum that they are looking on a case by case basis, but that it wouldn't hurt to send an email to forzafb@microsoft.com with your gamertag and picture of a receipt if you have it.

Thomas001122
10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
To be honest I'm getting pretty sick of not being able to use features because of their mistake. This case by case basis stuff that they said does little to make me believe them.

Buying a limited edition of a game only to be banned from certain features in ONLY that game. Then they say to contact Xbox Live support because it isn't their problem. Now they got the sticky saying they are looking into it. Make up your mind already.

They need to get off their butt and do the right thing and keep us up to date and not make us sit and wonder. I'm tempted to just take the thing back at this point. :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::p

TheLastGunslinger
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Thankfully I haven't been effected (playing a legit copy, not paying for or glitching credits). For those that have been, rest assured that Turn10 is looking into claims of people being banned unfairly.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-17-forza-4-fans-complain-over-unfair-bans

Thomas001122
10-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Once I get it worked out(I don't have a way to scan it myself) should I go posting my receipt to every site(not being serious) in the world? Lol. I'm trying to prove I didn't pirate it and I'm wanting everyone to know how wrong Turn 10 is.

Thomas001122
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I sent a screenshot of my receipt to Turn 10. Hopefully that helps but they never respond to emails. At least none that I have sent.
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/Thomas001122/100_4103.jpg

Mohegan13
10-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Turn10 updated their ban message on the forum. They have identified most that were banned in error and are currently rectifying the issue. Hopefully you guys who didn't pirate the game will be back online soon. :)

Matt36
10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Turn10 updated their ban message on the forum. They have identified most that were banned in error and are currently rectifying the issue. Hopefully you guys who didn't pirate the game will be back online soon. :)

I would love to know how they randomly chose people to ban...

TwistedFate
10-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I would love to know how they randomly chose people to ban...

It's not random. They have an algorithm that looks for "suspicious" behavior much like a spam filter or anti-virus software does it. Like those other two, false positives happen because it is better to do that than to let bad stuff through. However, in this case there was probably a bug in the program causing it to be too strict or to ID normal behavior as suspicious.

Matt36
10-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Had I been banned, I would have taken the game back right away. Mistake or not.

Vigor
10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I bet they have some sweet unicorns for a compensation.

Matt36
10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Ha, bet they don't!

GuizMmMo
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, I can't wait no more ! I want to play online !!!!!! :woop: :drunk

Sylon00
10-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I sent a screenshot of my receipt to Turn 10. Hopefully that helps but they never respond to emails. At least none that I have sent.
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/Thomas001122/100_4103.jpg

Not that you shouldn't have done it, but no where on that receipt does it say "Forza Motorsport 4". It just says "360 game", that could be any game.

However, hopefully they fix the issue for you and everyone else wrongly accused.

Matt36
10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Mine says FORZA 4 - can i still do this?

TwistedFate
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Not that you shouldn't have done it, but no where on that receipt does it say "Forza Motorsport 4". It just says "360 game", that could be any game.

It's got the SKU on it, that tells them it's FM4.

Mine says FORZA 4 - can i still do this?

It couldn't hurt, but if you are trading it soon, it may not do any good. Depending on how long it takes them to get around to looking into it.

Matt36
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I may buy it again in the new year. I'm pretty much done with the game and free cars are free cars. Take a couple mins to take a photo and send an email.

Thomas001122
10-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah the Sku number shows(I think to anybody that has a copy)it's Forza 4. I usually buy my games from Gamestop(not bragging lol)and IIRC they put the name of the game on the receipt. Walmart doesn't and that was the only way I could get the Limited Edition. I don't really care where I buy it at as long as it works though.

Edit:Cool I'm not banned now. It still has the message there though.

Painkiller Q8
10-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Finally I'm unbanned :)

Now we are talking !!!! uploading pics here

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150879847865290&set=a.10150859889690290.748681.547980289&type=3&theater