Would a person who isn't a fan of Batman respect this game?

Cooljoe

Would I still like the gameplay and enjoy the game even though I've never really liked batman as a character? I haven't played the first game, and don't if it is worth 60 buckaroos. Last day for preorder is coming up too... Any advice appreciated.

I think the game will be fun for you but i don't know about the story.

Thats a tough one - Many reviews i have seen mention that no knowledge of the source material at all is required to get into the story at all and is a good stand alone experience. Obviously you enjoy the game more if you were into Batman as this game and its previous one has a lot of fan service in it but you can bypass it and just enjoy a good action game.

Yeah i would give it a go - I wasn't that much into Batman before the first game and it has sort of converted me. AC might do the same for you :)

Would I still like the gameplay and enjoy the game even though I've never really liked batman as a character? I haven't played the first game, and don't if it is worth 60 buckaroos. Last day for preorder is coming up too... Any advice appreciated.

Long as you don't hate Batman - in general, and I don't know how anyone can hate Batman :confused: - you can enjoy the game. Knowing the Batman history and Batman universe will just blow the world for gamer like me when I get to play, but not necessary needed.

I believe the "Dark Knight" film explain very clear at the end. They're the opposite force that attract each other. Batman do not kill because of that is who Batman is. And Joker wouldn't kill Batman because he's just too much fun.

Knowing the villains, and their history with Batman will also make thing so much easier to understand. Still, those are all just the pluses.

Do make long story short, tried the demo for Arkham Asylum to get a feel for gameplay. If you are satisfied by that, then either rent of buy the Arkham Asylum. Although AA may not be direct sequel to AC, it will give you idea of the Batman universe. Also, check out the "bio" of the characters (heroes and villains) to know more. Only concern should be story, but everyone and anywhere you read will say that Story is great.

Edited by Tyger7
Erased spoilers

That's a good question OP and as someone previously said as long as you don't hate batman then I can see non hardcore batman fans enjoying this, I certainly know a few people who loved arkham asylum and were not massive batman fans.

It helps if you do enjoy the character and know some of the back story as rocksteady have done a wonderful job bringing the character to life with a lot of nods to the long time bat fans however you could easily become submerged in the game without knowing a great deal.

Take AA for example. You play a character that is trying to capture his nemesis in a tight claustrophobic environment. He has to piece together clues to unravel the reasons why he and his nemesis are trapped where they are and figure out what the grand plan his nemesis has in store for him. Along the way he meets interesting characters (villains) and finds an assortment of gadgets to aid him. You can grapple hook to the top of buildings and survey your surroundings and glide around which is a lot of fun. The setting is dark and gloomy (an insane asylum) and during the course of the game the main character will have various challenges to overcome and through flashbacks and various games the villains play he will have to deal with his own internal nightmares.

That's a very basic overview but you could take that template and remove the batman character and put any number of characters in his place and the game would still be great. It just so happens that as a massive batman fan I'm catered fir by lots of little touches that even if I didn't know about them I would still have enjoyed the game a lot.

It is a really good game (basing this off the first game of course). Even if you never follow anything to do with Batman you should enjoy it for what it is.

Though there is a certain respect to the voice acting and attention to detail that some will respect, creating a much better experience. The Joker's voice specifically was the same as from the cartoons (Mark Hamill).

How old are you? I mean, with the TV series, the movies and all, who can not know Batman at this point??

You may not recognize villains or relationships between characters, but the bios of the character in the first game, and the second one I assume, will do just perfect to give you a hint of who you´re dealing.

Besides, in not like it´s the complex story in the world to follow the main plot.

I believe the "Dark Knight" film explain very clear at the end. They're the opposite force that attract each other. Batman do not kill because of that is who Batman is. And Joker wouldn't kill Batman because he's just too much fun.

Honestly, I will not use the Nolan franchise to make any example of the real Batman story. Nolan makes a really different Batman that from any comics era. Actually, it´s the least to have anything to do with comics Batman universe, in anyway.

Well, I never liked Batman that much

But i loved Batman Begins & Dark Knight (who wouldn't)

And because of those movies i finally bought my first batman game ever this year (Arkham Asylum) and i loved it!

So yes, i think you would enjoy the story and the game.

I did and i never liked Batman before

In short, yes. I had the same thoughts as well. I'm not a Batman fan and I loved the 1st one, I 1K'd it. The hardest part was the challenge modes but BAC doesn't have those as cheeves. Can't wait for BAC!!! What I would do if I were you is play the 1st, you can get it cheap and then play BAC. :woop: