PDA

View Full Version : The Official Halo: CE Anniversary Bitching Thread

lornesbored
10-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I only have one gripe with this game, and it's the lack of new multiplayer.

I will get over it though, seems like we have a lot of practicing to do in single player and co-op to get the hard cheevos.... Beating the Library in 30 mins on Legendary I'm looking at you.

Teh Paralyzer
10-16-2011, 09:08 AM
My compaint is the terminals and skulls. I understand why they are there but that alone ruined the "classic" touch. They needed a classic and remix mode. However that sounds dumb so howsabout no skulls and no terminals.

But that bothers me 2% sooooooo THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!

Teh Phantomz
10-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Most probably bitch at the Library achievements and possibly achievements where you have to kill all the elites in a level and kill 100 infection forms. Never know could be hard.

Veedrock
10-16-2011, 09:45 AM
I'ma bitch about these topics popping up earlier and earlier in every new game forum because people want their name stickied at the top of it.

ಠ_ಠ

/cynicism

My compaint is the terminals and skulls. I understand why they are there but that alone ruined the "classic" touch. They needed a classic and remix mode. However that sounds dumb so howsabout no skulls and no terminals.

FYI, the skulls and terminals don't appear at all in the classic view. If you're looking at one while on the updated graphics and switch over, it literally disappears.

DarkReign2021
10-16-2011, 11:14 AM

But that bothers me 2% sooooooo THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!

Well technically they have Classic and Remix mode. When you play in classic Halo mode, the skulls, their effects, and the terminals become inactive. It is 100% original Halo. The only issue is you won't be able to get 100% achievement completion, but than the addition of achievements eliminates the concept of being 100% classic. :p

Teh Phantomz
10-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Wait, so lets say you have some skull on say famine or cloud when you go to classic mode these will become inactive?

Gsmittyunit44
10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Lack of Live multiplayer and the Library achievements are my only complaints. I remember way back in the day playing through the whole game and beating every level on every difficulty solo so most of the difficulty cheevos shouldn't be too hard.

DarkReign2021
10-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Wait, so lets say you have some skull on say famine or cloud when you go to classic mode these will become inactive?

I'm not absolutely 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure I read that was the case. If you have skulls and you switch to classic, the effects should become disabled until you switch back over.

MixMaker1
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure when you switch into classic - EVERYTHING goes back into classic modes.

lornesbored
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
ಠ_ಠ

someones jelly

Ty-Rex
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
someones jelly
So is this you just admitting that he was right and you only made this thread so you could see your username attached to a sticky thread that took absolutely no effort to do? Cause getting some sort of satisfaction out of something that takes no effort is something only weird people who post "first" on YouTube videos do.

DarkReign2021
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM
So is this you just admitting that he was right and you only made this thread so you could see your username attached to a sticky thread that took absolutely no effort to do? Cause getting some sort of satisfaction out of something that takes no effort is something only weird people who post "first" on YouTube videos do.

Hey. We're on a website where people get extreme satisfaction from achievements that are, in the ultimate ruling of life, utterly useless beyond bragging rights. If that's his idea of bragging rights than I don't see any harm with it. This thread was gonna happen eventually anyway (as will a Achievement Guide Thread and an achievement trading thread.)

lornesbored
10-16-2011, 08:41 PM
^^ this, plus

he was making a joke posting it, I was making a joke calling him jelly, so maybe you should back up and stop taking the internet so seriously.

Ty-Rex
10-17-2011, 01:10 AM
he was making a joke posting it, I was making a joke calling him jelly, so maybe you should back up and stop taking the internet so seriously.
Whether he was making a joke or not, the fact still remains that what he said and what I said is true. If having your name at the top of the forum gets you off, I don't think you're in any place to tell someone else to stop taking the internet seriously.

But hey man, you do whatever makes you happy, I'm just trying to help you. You should definitely look into posting "first" on some YouTube videos, too.

lornesbored
10-17-2011, 01:25 AM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/080/original/5008_9c00_420.gif?1265669754

DarkReign2021
10-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen please. Don't fight. Not within this sacred shrine of Combat Evolved. If you wanna argue, take it over to the MW3 boards. It'll fit in nicely with all of the other children already over there :p

Efase
10-17-2011, 01:26 AM
My complaint is also that there is no Halo1 multiplayer.

jeremyh120
10-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Whether he was making a joke or not, the fact still remains that what he said and what I said is true. If having your name at the top of the forum gets you off, I don't think you're in any place to tell someone else to stop taking the internet seriously.

But hey man, you do whatever makes you happy, I'm just trying to help you. You should definitely look into posting "first" on some YouTube videos, too.

How did you take a post with the use of the word jelly in that context and turn it into a serious argument? I think you are the one who is jelly.

OT I have no bitches/bitchings about this game because it seems perfect to me!

Ty-Rex
10-17-2011, 02:03 AM
memes

Cool stuff. Make sure you block me.

How did you take a post with the use of the word jelly in that context and turn it into a serious argument? I think you are the one who is jelly.
There is no argument. Just me attempting to tell a guy something and him just posting memes back.

jeremyh120
10-17-2011, 02:17 AM
There is no argument. Just me attempting to tell a guy something and him just posting memes back.

I wish you could thumbs-up posts like you can comments. This made me laugh.

DEG23
10-18-2011, 03:51 AM
^^^^ ALL OF THE ABOVE

This is what happens when you create a bitching thread before the game is released, people have nothing game related to bitch about so they turn on each other!!!

Apart from the mulitplayer part of the game, i can't really see what you would bitch about, this is the game that started it all, if there was something to bitch about, we would have done it 10 years ago.

wright3034
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
why is there even a "classic mode", isn't there already a classic version of halo on the marketplace?

SuperSkyline89
10-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm not impressed by the Kinect exclusive analysis feature. I really don't care why they did that because it's total BS, until Kinect ships with every console having Kinect exclusive features in a normal game is nothing but an underhanded attempt at a cash-grab.

At the very least the game should automatically detect things and analyze them.

why is there even a "classic mode", isn't there already a classic version of halo on the marketplace?

Seriously? You can have a game that puts two games in one and you're asking why? How about so people don't have to buy Anniversary AND the original to play both?

Gman2
10-18-2011, 08:22 PM
No multiplayer achievements, guess I won't be playing MP then.

The flood...

LickableLemons7
10-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm sure there will be a few achievements for the title update. Maybe it'll be bumped up to 1600g...and I'm personally hoping for one final map pack by late next spring, before Halo 4 arrives, to allow players a good chance to have fun with all the Reach maps one last time.

DarkReign2021
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm sure there will be a few achievements for the title update. Maybe it'll be bumped up to 1600g...and I'm personally hoping for one final map pack by late next spring, before Halo 4 arrives, to allow players a good chance to have fun with all the Reach maps one last time.

Well... the thought has crossed my mind that they DID only give us 5 multiplayer maps from Halo 1 (well, 6 including Hemorrhage) Point is we're still missing some classic maps like Sidewinder, Chiron, and Boarding Action. Plus there's the obvious possibility of us getting a full-on Halo 2 remake map pack (a re-release of 3 of the 4 greatest Halo maps ever made. Relic, Turf, and Terminal. We already got Head Long :p) They didn't have DLC for ODST, but that doesn't mean there isn't a chance for DLC on CEA. So I say take Reach up to 1550 or 1600 and leave a little more room for an h1/h2 mappack to cap out at the final 1750 (and it says something when somebody wants them to hold back points so he can spend more money on extra content.)

AtomicThumbs
10-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I kind of wish it was going to include Reach's DLC like ODST included all of Halo 3's DLC. That's not really a huge deal though.

The fact that the Analyze feature is only available if you have a Kinect is really shitty though.

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I kind of wish it was going to include Reach's DLC like ODST included all of Halo 3's DLC. That's not really a huge deal though.

The fact that the Analyze feature is only available if you have a Kinect is really shitty though.

So the Reach Map Packs aren't included for sure?

I never bought the Defiant Pack because I was hoping it would come with Anniversary.

RBmaster9345
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM
So the Reach Map Packs aren't included for sure?

I never bought the Defiant Pack because I was hoping it would come with Anniversary.

I dont see any reason they shouldnt do this like they did ODST but apparently it is. Im still totally lost as to how it IS getting packaged but if it aint similar to ODST's Im gonna be a little dissapointed

AtomicThumbs
10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
According to the article in the link below, it won't include Reach DLC.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/foconnor_haloanniversary_qa.html

DarkReign2021
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm more curious as to how the new Reach Achievements will play into the rest of the achievment list. Will the maps be made available for people that don't buy H:CEA or will you be required to buy one game just to get achievements in another? I noticed none of the new achievements are level or playlist specific, so maybe they'll just be made available for people that don't buy it. I considered the idea of the cheevos coming with the Title Update, but MS's rule is that achievements can only be added with DLC updates, so either they're breaking the rule or they've found some kind of workaround or they're screwing over a lot of Completion whores.

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 05:15 PM
According to the article in the link below, it won't include Reach DLC.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/foconnor_haloanniversary_qa.html

They're not including them " because most people who buy this are going to have Reach already." Are they serious, what kind of bullshit reasoning is that? As if everyone that bought ODST didn't already have Halo 3?

343 has impressed me with the overall game and I absolutely love the Anniversary achievements but they're starting to piss me off with the small stuff.

Nevander
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
My only complaint is that I don't have the best Halo ever in my hands again after ten years right now. :(

Vectorman953
10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm more curious as to how the new Reach Achievements will play into the rest of the achievment list. Will the maps be made available for people that don't buy H:CEA or will you be required to buy one game just to get achievements in another? I noticed none of the new achievements are level or playlist specific, so maybe they'll just be made available for people that don't buy it. I considered the idea of the cheevos coming with the Title Update, but MS's rule is that achievements can only be added with DLC updates, so either they're breaking the rule or they've found some kind of workaround or they're screwing over a lot of Completion whores.

I'm pretty sure that I heard in one of the videos that the maps from H:CEA will be made available at a later date to people who just own reach, but I can't 100% confirm that. Although 7 maps might cost a lot, if 3 are 800. Maybe 1600/2000?

You're able to get the Halo 3 achievements from ODST in just Halo 3 (assuming you bought the map pack, since they're map specific) so I would imagine that if someone with Reach were to pull of 3 headshots in a row after a potential update on 11/15, they would get an achievement.

From a technical standpoint, I believe it would just be easier for it to work that way. The game would go "Someone's playing Reach multiplayer! Yay! They did something!" without worrying how they accessed it

Besides, they have broken/rewritten the rules for achivements for halo quite a few times now.

niko da bos
10-21-2011, 03:47 PM
even dead island didnt have a bitching thread this quick:confused:

*i just wish they didnt try to mesh halo reach in with Combat Evolved. they are two seperate games, released like 9 years apart. reach was my least favorite game of the series, i dont get why drag it into this classic? in my opinion nothing was wrong with this game, it set the stage for all those console shooters to make it big. before that it was all PC gaming for shooters.

they can say in defense, "well we dont want the reach MP to suffer, blah blah." too bad the population count is already low as hell, i dont remember ever seeing the number that low consistently in halo. almost a year later, black ops averages around 650-700,000 people online.. reach hits 150,000 on a good day if its lucky. i just dont see why drag on the game, when its obvious most halo fans have looked elsewhere for entertainment.

SuperSkyline89
10-21-2011, 04:20 PM
There's a very simply reason they're bringing out more Reach achievements. Gamers have proven time and time again that they will buy any DLC the developers release just for the achievements.

The developers' only job is to make money, we as gamers have given them a simple way to do so with DLC and achievements.

Personally I wish they didn't bring out new Reach achievements because I'm past the point of caring about Reach, it was the weakest game so far. Since the new maps are included with Anniversary I'll probably end up doing the online achievements at some point but I still haven't bought the Defiant Map Pack and I probably won't until the price drops or it becomes free.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-21-2011, 06:01 PM
that they will buy any DLC the developers release just for the achievements.
Not this time. I'm gonna get CEA lol
but I still haven't bought the Defiant Map Pack and I probably won't until the price drops or it becomes free.

Both Reach map packs are Deals of the Week this week I think

Veedrock
10-22-2011, 11:08 PM
If 343i/Microsoft was such a greedy fucking company like you whiners think, Anniversary would cost $60 as is. They could get away with it to, the work they put into the title definitely warrants it. If they did price it that way, don't get all high-horsed and pretend you'd boycott, you'd bend over and take it. End of.

Now, keeping in mind that it's a budget title ($40), if Anniversary came with the Reach DLCs it would definitely cost $60. There's no ands ifs or buts about it, expecting otherwise is unrealistic and you're obviously going to be disappointed (ie bitching in this thread!). If you would be ok with that trade-off, you should damn well be ok with buying the DLC individually because it's the same cost.

Opiate42
10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen please. Don't fight. Not within this sacred shrine of Combat Evolved. If you wanna argue, take it over to the MW3 boards. It'll fit in nicely with all of the other children already over there :p

My Monday morning giggle.

Thank you. :)

Darth Maleval
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
My complaint is that this game comes out just days after the release of Skyrim. I like to devote my time to one game at a time. Guess I'll have a busy winter.

(I suppose having two awesome games out at the same time is a good thing, so don't know if this is a true complaint)!;)

Sampson
10-31-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't know.. I guess the only thing is that it's only another HD remake of a game that I've already payed for..

DarkReign2021
10-31-2011, 02:23 AM
I don't know.. I guess the only thing is that it's only another HD remake of a game that I've already payed for..

I like to think this is more than just a remake. The complete enhancement of the graphics engine, the total re-mastering of the soundtrack, the addition of terminals and skulls and online co-op. As far as an HD remake goes, CEA raises the bar on what we should expect from a re-release. Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, etc... should be ashamed of themselves for the rehashes they're giving us. No effort for a quick pot of money.

Kraderic
10-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Halo: Reach DLC isn't included in Halo Anniversary because the game is only $40.

Halo Anniversary and Halo ODST are similar in the fact that both don't come shipped with an in-game multiplayer (excluding Firefight). Seeing as ODST was $60, and Anniversary is only $40, it's only natural that Anniversary doesn't include free map packs. Expecting a $40 game to include $20 worth of DLC is pure silliness.

Vectorman953
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM
My complaint is a really strange one, but:

I don't really like that they're including headlong/"breakneck" because it's from Halo 2.
I know that they've said that they aren't yet planning on remaking the second game (although I believe 343i said if the demand was high enough) but the inclusion of a map from 2 reinforces that idea to me...

Besides though, it isn't even really a complaint, since I love the map. It just seems rather strange to me. :p

Kraderic
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
My complaint is a really strange one, but:

I don't really like that they're including headlong/"breakneck" because it's from Halo 2.
I know that they've said that they aren't yet planning on remaking the second game (although I believe 343i said if the demand was high enough) but the inclusion of a map from 2 reinforces that idea to me...

Besides though, it isn't even really a complaint, since I love the map. It just seems rather strange to me. :p

you're just mad 'cause you were unable to unlock the Golden Warthog advertised in the billboard on that level! :p

RBmaster9345
10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
The one and only complaint anyone could be making on the game is not coming soon enough. My.......body.........cannot.........handle....... excitement.

crazy W01f 816
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
you're just mad 'cause you were unable to unlock the Golden Warthog advertised in the billboard on that level! :p
I see I'm not the only one that remembers that strange rumor. My friends and I must have spent an entire day looking for how to unlock it. We were a naive bunch.

LickableLemons7
11-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I think I found something that bothers me a bit in the Anniversary Edition. You guys know the new design 343 has made for the Halo rings?

Seen at 0:31...

Halo: Anniversary Campaign Demo - YouTube

Well, I don't exactly like or dislike it. It has the same mysterious feeling I felt seeing that ring for the first time back in 2001. But it's just not the same. My main point of concern is those strange flaps layered on the sides. I want to see Installation 04, in a more proper, slightly flatter way as it is in the original game. Any thoughts on this? Or any word if this is actually official? Has 343i taken out those flaps on the sides in the final version? :confused:

RBmaster9345
11-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I think I found something that bothers me a bit in the Anniversary Edition. You guys know the new design 343 has made for the Halo rings?

Well, I don't exactly like or dislike it. It has the same mysterious feeling I felt seeing that ring for the first time back in 2001. But it's just not the same. My main point of concern is those strange flaps layered on the sides. I want to see Installation 04, in a more proper, slightly flatter way as it is in the original game. Any thoughts on this? Or any word if this is actually official? Has 343i taken out those flaps on the sides in the final version? :confused:

Yeah, it is kinda out of place but it aint anything that breaks the game for me. Its a minor detail that got changed, not a big deal.

Nevander
11-02-2011, 09:05 PM

I'm sure I'm asking a dumb question that I know the answer to, but it's it fake? It can only be obtained by modding, am I right?

I must have spent over 60 hours trying to get that stupid thing. Tried all the different methods I saw on YouTube, tried by reading forums, asking others for help, until I realized it must be fake and only obtainable by mods.

God I wish it was real though.

Headlong was my favorite map on Halo 2 though, mainly because you could get on the buildings and cranes. :D

LickableLemons7
11-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it is kinda out of place but it aint anything that breaks the game for me. Its a minor detail that got changed, not a big deal.

Yeah, I know it's just a little thing, yet it's seemingly the only thing that irks me whenever I see it. I don't know for certain though, I obviously haven't played the Anniversary campaign yet. :o I'll probably have to immediately press select every time I get to the main menu I suppose...:p

Teh Phantomz
11-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Seeing as this is a bitching thread there is only one thing I can fault and bitch about this game...it isn't out yet :p

LickableLemons7
11-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Seeing as this is a bitching thread there is only one thing I can fault and bitch about this game...it isn't out yet :p

And there's my other problem with the game. :drunk

Vectorman953
11-06-2011, 05:30 AM

When you first said this, I thought there were going to be large(r) walls on the inside of the ring. As once you "touch down" if you looked to the sides there would be steel colored walls lining the distant horizon.

I don't particularly care for this aesthetic change, but it doesn't really change the game's viewpoint during the actual gameplay sooooooo

Sunyavadin
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Seen at 0:31...

Halo: Anniversary Campaign Demo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1PkUrEggu4)

343 take note:

THIS is what a halo ring should look like.

Halo 3 Cutscenes - 17 - "The Covenant Closing" - YouTube

Buzz VII
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I was hoping for Halo 1 MP. Too bad. I'll get over it though. Playing campaign on single and co-op.. Can't wait!

DarkReign2021
11-11-2011, 04:32 PM
:/ I think I'm the only one that likes the new look for the Ring (hence why I have it as my sig :p ) It doesn't look as flat and 2-dimensional as the original rings. It pops out more and gives it a more functional look.

SuperSkyline89
11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I'd have to see the new ring model in the game to decide how I feel about it. If you can see the giant flaps past the edge of the ring while playing the game I think that would be pretty cool.

I wonder if they have any technical reason to add them in, like if they serve some purpose to the ring itself or if this is just purely a visual upgrade.

RBmaster9345
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Ok, I have probably my one and only bitch for this game (even though its a good thing). Why an infinite ammo skull? Now the chievos are completley unthreatening. Whats the incentive to play normally for the teeming hordes who didnt play the original? I think I'll still play normally because thats the way Halo's supposed to be done. I mean its super easy(er) 1000 now so I'm not totally opposed to it but it still kinda makes me mad.

MixMaker1
11-11-2011, 06:08 PM
:/ I think I'm the only one that likes the new look for the Ring (hence why I have it as my sig :p ) It doesn't look as flat and 2-dimensional as the original rings. It pops out more and gives it a more functional look.
I think it looks pretty badass. Shocked me the first time I saw it, actually.

Ok, I have probably my one and only bitch for this game (even though its a good thing). Why an infinite ammo skull? Now the chievos are completley unthreatening. Whats the incentive to play normally for the teeming hordes who didnt play the original? I think I'll still play normally because thats the way Halo's supposed to be done. I mean its super easy(er) 1000 now so I'm not totally opposed to it but it still kinda makes me mad.
I see what you're saying, but apparently that skull - for casual users - isn't easy to get. Hardcore nuts like me, however, will achieve it. Infinite ammo skull may indeed make some of the achievements nonthreatening, but I know I won't be using it to 100% this game.

DarkReign2021
11-12-2011, 12:16 AM
All I can say is I wish casual gamers luck getting the skull. Especially if this rumor is true about not being able to pick them up. Used to be a good player could get it, drop it, and let somebody else pick it up form an easier vantage, but now these grenade jump ones are literally going to require you to grenade jump (would be funny if these were only available in Solo mode anyway.)

Even than, it's not going to do much good. When you've got a shotgun on the Library and you're being ambushed from all sides, it doesn't really matter how much ammo you have if you can't shoot everything coming at you. As for Rockets, I see players blowing themselves up more often than not. Especially with the flood being in-your-face combatants. It gives infinite ammo, not infinite health, so it's only like a band-aid for lesser players.

SegaSen
11-12-2011, 06:39 PM
It is true that you don't pick up skulls, you just walk over them.

Jaffalpha
11-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Only complaint is that I have to wait 2 more days :p

Nevander
11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
All I can say is I wish casual gamers luck getting the skull. Especially if this rumor is true about not being able to pick them up. Used to be a good player could get it, drop it, and let somebody else pick it up form an easier vantage, but now these grenade jump ones are literally going to require you to grenade jump (would be funny if these were only available in Solo mode anyway.)

Even than, it's not going to do much good. When you've got a shotgun on the Library and you're being ambushed from all sides, it doesn't really matter how much ammo you have if you can't shoot everything coming at you. As for Rockets, I see players blowing themselves up more often than not. Especially with the flood being in-your-face combatants. It gives infinite ammo, not infinite health, so it's only like a band-aid for lesser players.

Once you pick up a skull, can you activate it by starting a mission in the menu? Or is it like Halo 2 where you have to get a skull again when you want the effect back if you turn off your xbox?

mblaine
11-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Only complaint is that I have to wait 2 more days :p

Same here ... :(

Once you pick up a skull, can you activate it by starting a mission in the menu? Or is it like Halo 2 where you have to get a skull again when you want the effect back if you turn off your xbox?

I don't have the game yet, but my understanding is that it works like Halo 3: find a skull once to have it as an option in the menus every time you go to start a level thereafter.

lornesbored
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
This is my latest gripe:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-ce-anniversary/leaderboards/

someone already has 1000gs in this fucking game. all achievements unlocked in the same day and in random order? I smell cheats?

MixMaker1
11-14-2011, 04:31 AM
This is my latest gripe:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-ce-anniversary/leaderboards/

someone already has 1000gs in this fucking game. all achievements unlocked in the same day and in random order? I smell cheats?
Order does indeed look suspicious.

leftoverzombie
11-15-2011, 04:47 AM
where to start?

i CAN't hear cortana in game, she's so quiet.
the old gfx look SHIT compared to the new ones
it's still halo, which means bugs everywhere !

and here's some more:
is it just me or is the warthog a piece of shit now?
the game freezes when loading or completing checkpoints
the AI are fucking DUMB ! and it's just SO terrible.
like 343 made NO changed what so ever except for gfx. really.
how fucking stupid can they be? and we're supposed to expect a 'good' Halo 4 out of these guys? come on.

crazy W01f 816
11-15-2011, 05:10 AM
where to start?

and here's some more:
how fucking stupid can they be? and we're supposed to expect a 'good' Halo 4 out of these guys? come on.
Wow. I gotta say, between the needless double posting and some idiotic statements you've made such a fool of yourself right here.

First of all, 343 made zero changes to gameplay and only added the graphical face lift. They wanted to keep the game play exactly like it played 10 years ago. This was there intention. Had you even bothered to find out about this before you wouldn't be complaining now.

Second,
Huh, what Halo games have you been playing? Out of all the game franchises out there Halo is definitely not known for having many or major bugs.

Third,
What.........in the holy Hell....is this?

Oh that's right, graphics ten years ago were obviously superior than the modern graphics we have now. /sarcasm

SuperSkyline89
11-15-2011, 05:46 AM
I'd like to bitch about people with not a single brain cell in their empty shell of a head being allowed to communicate with the world.

where to start?

and here's some more:

The old graphics are supposed to look shit, THEY'RE OLD. The whole fucking point is to show you how graphics have advanced over 10 years.

Halo doesn't and has never had bugs everywhere.

The Warthog isn't a piece of shit NOW, those are OLD PHYSICS. But if you can't understand old graphics this is over your head as well. I probably shouldn't even try to explain OLD AI.

How fucking stupid can they be? Infinitely smarter than you apparently.

leftoverzombie
11-15-2011, 06:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
go ahead and hate . (:
couldn't care. game is worthless.
and you're wasting your time trying to 'prove me wrong' or whatever you plan on doing by replying :)

Huh, what Halo games have you been playing? Out of all the game franchises out there Halo is definitely not known for having many or major bugs.

are you kidding mate? you're saying Halo Reach has nothing wrong with it?
you're really saying there is 100% nothing wrong with halo reach and how broken EVERYone says it is?

crazy W01f 816
11-15-2011, 06:48 AM
are you kidding mate? you're saying Halo Reach has nothing wrong with it?
you're really saying there is 100% nothing wrong with halo reach and how broken EVERYone says it is?

stupid cunt. :p
Hey, let's at least make an attempt to not act like a child. There are minimal, if any, bugs at all in Halo Reach. Halo Reach's imperfection has nothing to do with bugs/glitches.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
go ahead and hate . (:
and you're wasting your time trying to 'prove me wrong' or whatever you plan on doing by replying :)
We're not trying to prove you wrong (even though half your statements are), we're just saying your an idiot.

And I wouldn't call this a waste of time, responding to idiots makes me feel smarter.

DarkReign2021
11-15-2011, 07:11 AM
One complaint and one complaint only. What the fuck did they do to my Sniper Targeting Reticule? I heard the sound effect it makes when firing and I thought "okay, I can live with that", but that reticule is absolutely terrible. I want my nice and simple miniature circle back. It was a lot more precise and didn't obscure the enemy near as much when you're trying to line up a headshot. The achievement for clearing the first canyon on T&R is proving to be a bitch because I can't see anything (that and I guess I ought to turn off the Grunt Funeral Skull.)

My other complaint is that they took out the triple wielding glitch on PoA. I'm still going to toy around with it a bit and see if I can trigger it, but no luck so far.

Other than that though, no complaints. I have actually been surprised by the enemy AI though. For supposedly not tampering with it, they seem to be doing a handful of new tricks (Elites mounting turrets at the beginning of T&R, grunts crossing from the left side to right side of the underground bridge area, etc...) Curious to see what other sneaky little things try to take me by surprise.

andami
11-15-2011, 07:19 AM
WTH? No local co-op?

ajennice
11-15-2011, 07:21 AM
so far my big bitch that I feel is even worth posting is the anniversary maps combined with reach accessories...

the oversheild and invisible where the only 2 things you could get....ONE you found them. Now everyone has their own ass on. whetehr jetpack or dreaded A.L... remove all that BS and stick classic....

CR JD92
11-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Just pissed theres no multiplayer...since I hadn't looked anything up about the mupliplayer online before this came out I had no idea they were simply adding maps to reach and NO WHERE on the box does it say anything about this game not having its original multiplayer or any mention of anything to do with Reach. IMO I just spent $40 to play the Halo campaign again for the 20th time....simply with better graphics.

Spiider
11-15-2011, 08:01 AM
WTH? No local co-op?

Really? I thought you could.

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/2167/xbox-360/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary.html

Just pissed theres no multiplayer...since I hadn't looked anything up about the mupliplayer online before this came out I had no idea they were simply adding maps to reach and NO WHERE on the box does it say anything about this game not having its original multiplayer or any mention of anything to do with Reach. IMO I just spent $40 to play the Halo campaign again for the 20th time....simply with better graphics.

Are you serious? There's no multiplayer on the actual disc of Combat Evolved Anniversary?! Just the campaign? Somebody explain?

taahh lee gaahh
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I just picked up from midnight release. I literally thought it would be a redone halo CE. like ctf blood gultch. no blood gultch. very sad. oh well it campaign it is.

DamagedWill
11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Really bummed there was no 4-player online co-op. Really bummed.

a7x4lyf3
11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Well 1st of all my 1st bitching for this game would probably be about leftoverzombie, what in the unholy fires of hell are you smoking and how many times have you bashed your freaking head into a wall, what exactly were you expecting from this "remake"? It wasn't supposed to be any better than it was 10 yrs ago except now with better graphics, skulls, and terminals. You are obviously 0% of a halo fan, you nazi zombie cod fanboy, your arguments are so completely invalid that you don't even have a right to criticize 343 on Halo 4, Gtfo honestly. 2nd of all, I think this thread needs to be turned into "Jackals are mother freaking pain in the asses on legendary and need to shot point blank in the butt with a hunters fuel rod cannon" everytime I see them while on legendary they give me more trouble than an elite, its like the assault rifle almost does nothing to them, and the pistol is only good if you score a headshot which honestly I find harder to accomplish those in this game.

dragonhawk237
11-15-2011, 01:19 PM

This.

Also texture pop. Gets me all nostalgic for Halo 2.

I've had 1 console lock up on the main menu, and some audio weirdness (2 music tracks playing at once).

But I love it anyway, I've put in about 14 hours and still having a blast so far.

Edit: And the vibration will cut out sometimes for no reason, usually only noticeable when firing the assault rifle full auto. Could be my controller, but haven't noticed this in any other game (although the motor is loud)

IceBlox
11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Anyone dissapointed in the way that Johnson looks in the campaign? I don't think it even looks like him anymore.

Annihil88torr
11-15-2011, 07:46 PM
fix the god damn lag in co-op

CouchOrnament
11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Well 1st of all my 1st bitching for this game would probably be about leftoverzombie, what in the unholy fires of hell are you smoking and how many times have you bashed your freaking head into a wall, what exactly were you expecting from this "remake"? It wasn't supposed to be any better than it was 10 yrs ago except now with better graphics, skulls, and terminals. You are obviously 0% of a halo fan, you nazi zombie cod fanboy, your arguments are so completely invalid that you don't even have a right to criticize 343 on Halo 4, Gtfo honestly. 2nd of all, I think this thread needs to be turned into "Jackals are mother freaking pain in the asses on legendary and need to shot point blank in the butt with a hunters fuel rod cannon" everytime I see them while on legendary they give me more trouble than an elite, its like the assault rifle almost does nothing to them, and the pistol is only good if you score a headshot which honestly I find harder to accomplish those in this game.

Think he was bad here. He got mad at me for agreeing with him about it being the same game with better graphics here! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=342821)

Annihil88torr
11-15-2011, 08:07 PM

Be very glad it doesn't the game lags so bad worse game to lag since lag first started to happen in games. Unless your host this game is awful online, i'm playing it solo legendary from now on fuck co-op.

Darksheik
11-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Jeez!
I was trying to obtain the achievement which requires to shoot down 3 banshee in the Halo mission but the last two did not spawn probably because I died at the wrong time.
I don't want to do it all over again!!

LickableLemons7
11-15-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm noticing a bit of lag when unlocking achievements. Not really too troublesome though.

jpg30
11-15-2011, 11:50 PM
my one annoyance with this game is getting this skull for infinite ammo, im rubbish at grenade jumping, it's a bit unfair to put a skull in a place that is so hard to reach, one of the other skulls is in a room when u start the game so why make the infinite ammo one so hard to get?

:mad:

SuperSkyline89
11-15-2011, 11:54 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
go ahead and hate . (:

Nothing to prove wrong, your posts make absolutely no sense in any way at all. Out of all the people with complaints here you're the only one without a valid one. Hence the fact that no one else is desperately trying to defend themselves.

Flex Gabz Flex
11-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Online is Reach 100%

What a load of shit.

Bring back the BR for halo 4

CouchOrnament
11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Marine yelled "Grenade". Master Chief tossed one.... while I was behind a crate, it was a plasma.... Time to turn off the Kinect microphone.

RamHawk
11-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Plasma Pistol is very touchy. It will do an over charge without even holding down the fire trigger. Very annoying. You have to baby the trigger to keep it from doing the over charge.

SuperSkyline89
11-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Marine yelled "Grenade". Master Chief tossed one.... while I was behind a crate, it was a plasma.... Time to turn off the Kinect microphone.

Wow, someone didn't put much thought in the Kinect integration.

Nevander
11-18-2011, 05:09 AM
That Just Happened and Speed Reader.

Enough fucking said. :mad:

ajaxus
11-19-2011, 07:29 AM

seconded. achieving these simultaneously in single-player is near impossible, but doing so is a lofty goal i have placed for myself nonetheless.

MikeAK
11-19-2011, 07:32 AM

seconded. achieving these simultaneously in single-player is near impossible, but doing so is a lofty goal i have placed for myself nonetheless.

Speed Reader for sure... I've done everything so far solo but I might need a partner for this one. It's a bitch

ZooWeeMama 92
11-19-2011, 08:53 AM
I think the major problem with this game is that it hasn't aged very well. Don't get me wrong, the original Halo in my opinion is (and remains) the best game in the series, but nostalgia and updated graphics can only carry it so far.

While I do praise the team for keeping the original game intact, the remastered graphics can lead to a lot of visual problems, such as frame rate issues, pop-in and slow loading textures (a great example I had was when I pulled out the shotgun and it was in it's "classic" appearance, only for it to load to the newer shotgun model a few seconds later!). The new cut scenes are also pretty terrible as well, at least in terms of lip syncing and character models. Which is a shame, as the character models for the enemies look pretty damn sweet. Also, CORTANA IS MEANT TO BE PURPLE IN THIS GAME DAMMIT, NOT BLUE :p

L1E
11-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I think they really fucked things up with the multiplayer. I would've been happier with them making the multiplayer local only than using the Reach engine since it just does not feel like I'm playing Halo: CE when it's the Reach engine.

Also, god damn is legendary hard. Much harder than the others. It's taking a whole lot of willpower not to resort to using the Bandanna skull. But, I'll feel damn accomplished at the end of it all. Plus, I got the Speed Reader achievement on my first playthrough of The Library :)

Apotheosis001
11-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Tank and Banshee reticules are still god awful, maybe worse.
How many years later and the tank fires retarded wtf.

TF003
11-19-2011, 03:43 PM
two betrayals and keyes are a bitch. damn flood and wraiths

LickableLemons7
11-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I recently obtained the ninth terminal. AND GOD, it was so damned moronic and out of place. I think it was a part of The Flood novel, I can't remember. But it was just so out of place, after viewing all those other terminals that had to do with 343 Guilty Spark. Ugh. Hate Dietz.

And is it just me, or is the AI yelling out a lot more stuff I don't remember? The Marines say "Crap!" once every 4 minutes or so, and I swear I even heard a grunt say "Asshole!"

Wow. I can't believe I'm finding stuff to whine about in this game. I know that AI dialogue stuff isn't a great big deal, but come ON!

SuperSkyline89
11-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Tank and Banshee reticules are still god awful, maybe worse.
How many years later and the tank fires retarded wtf.

The only new thing is the graphics, the physics and all that other stuff is the same. This isn't a game that reflects "how many years later", aside from new graphics you're still playing a 10 year old game.

Seasick Pirate
11-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Hope someone can prove me wrong here, but I'm thinking that the Maw on LASO will be impossible. Last night I was playing around, showing a friend the "Food Nipple Grunt," and threw on Grunt B-Day, Piņata, and Boom for fun.

Everything was fine until I get to the top of the elevator just before the timer starts. While walking through the bay with the warthogs explosions go off. The first two times I died from this, but later I was able to sneak in and lose all but 3 bars of health and grab one of the med packs there.

This was on Easy, so I'm wondering if you can even survive those blasts on Legendary. If anyone else feels like giving it a shot and posting their results, I'll be thankful. I'm not about to attempt that level LASO until I know it can be done.

The warthog ride didn't give me any extra trouble. I was able to make it to the end of the run with Boom on, but died in the explosions at the very end. The game froze on the attempt after that, so I gave up.

lornesbored
11-20-2011, 01:02 AM
anyone notice the kinect glitch yet in single player?

I don't have Kinect but if you go to the pause menu and press the UP arrow once the selection will vanish and you won't see anything, if you press A it actually takes you to the Kinect menu... silly little glitch but I found ya!

Yanbbrox
11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
It's hard. never played the original but this is HARD. I remember beating reach on legendary with no issues, there were a couple of really tricky/challenging bits in 3 on legendary but his is a different league.

I was stuck on level three and watched a walk through video(not something I would normally do) and what was the next bit was even worse than the bit I was struggling with.

Finally after 6 hours or so to complete on MW3 veteran a proper gaming challenge.

StressedBrit
11-21-2011, 12:36 AM
I just have a couple of problems with the technical side of the game.

1. Some animations are "meh".
Some of the animations, especially in the faces of the characters in the updated graphics, just feel unfinished. There's no "emotion" on their faces in the updated graphics. All the human characters just looked bored. Cortana's head darts around like a pigeon.

2. No campaign Theater mode.
Theater mode has been a part of the Halo-verse since Halo 3, and it would've been nice to see it brought back for Anniversary. To have been able to record gameplay videos and take screenshots from every angle in both the updated and original graphics engines would've been a much welcomed addition.

Maulerjr006
11-21-2011, 03:38 AM
I hate that is still just as glitchy as the original. I understand that they didn't screw with game play...but c'mon, that is pathetic, we go from the awesomeness that is Reach to this glitchy, hard to control, hard to kill with format. I do like that they updated a lot of the graphics though!

RBmaster9345
11-21-2011, 04:03 AM
It's Halo CE so I find it hard to really find anything to bitch about besides maybe the strange sapwning. We'd be out of combat for like 10 min without a spawn. The overall chevos suck too. Like the Two Betrayals ones are so damn stupid. Then the How Pedestrian one is too. That RUINS the fun of that level which no chievo should on such a scale.

Helios007
11-21-2011, 05:32 AM
The updated graphics for the character models look terrible. Particularly Captain Keyes and Sgt. Johnson. Add to the fact that the lip-synching is fucking terrible, AND there's no facial expression at all - not impressed 343 Industries. Cortana in particular is like a robot now. Still prefer to play in the classic mode.

D347H0FL0V3
11-21-2011, 08:44 PM
My biggest complaint about Halo CE Anniversary is they used the Halo Reach multiplayer but did not include any Halo Reach maps. ODST wasn't the best of the series but at least they included the full Halo 3 multiplayer with it. Overall, I would have been happier if they would have included the full Halo Reach multiplayer rather than giving us 6 remastered maps (btw they didn't even bring back blood gulch from what i've seen) and the campaign is still fun but doesn't do enough to redeem the game for having probably the worst multiplayer in a halo game since halo wars.

funkimchi
11-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I've heard several complaints about CEA, including the fact that terminals and skulls were added. Why didn't 343 Industries just keep the same music and graphics, repackage CE, and call is CE Anniversary?? Seriously? Look, the entire idea of the CEA was to appease and please Halo Nation. It is not a big money maker!! Why would MS release CEA on November 15th? From a marketing perspective, that would seem like a sloppy and stupid move. They released it on November 15th as part of the bigger picture.... get it? Anyway, I understand the grumblings... That's why this forum is here. But I'm very impressed with how little actually changed and how close to the original CEA IS but making it better. I give props to 343 Ind. on this one. I thought they were going to sell out big time, and for the most part, they did NOT.

Temp430
11-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I think I've run into a dead end in the game in the "Two Betrayals," segment. It's when master chief deactivates some blue beam by walking into it. After completing that task one is to "go through tunnels to canyon A." The only way out of the room is through a passageway to a parapet overlooking a cliff. There is Flood on the inside and Covenant on the outside including a few banshees buzzing around. Once they have all been eliminated there is nothing to do but stand around. I tried bringing a banshee down to fly off the parapet to the marker 300+ meters below but the banshee is never in working order once on the parapet. There is another platform out from the end of the parapet but it is too far to jump to by about 3x. There is only the chamber with the blue beam, the parapet, and the passage between them. Stuck.

:confused:

Colby
11-24-2011, 04:06 AM
I've heard several complaints about CEA, including the fact that terminals and skulls were added. Why didn't 343 Industries just keep the same music and graphics, repackage CE, and call is CE Anniversary?? Seriously? Look, the entire idea of the CEA was to appease and please Halo Nation. It is not a big money maker!! Why would MS release CEA on November 15th? From a marketing perspective, that would seem like a sloppy and stupid move. They released it on November 15th as part of the bigger picture.... get it? Anyway, I understand the grumblings... That's why this forum is here. But I'm very impressed with how little actually changed and how close to the original CEA IS but making it better. I give props to 343 Ind. on this one. I thought they were going to sell out big time, and for the most part, they did NOT.

I agree with the last half you said, 343i did a good job. What you said about just keeping the same graphics and music, they did u just have the option to switch to what you like, old or new. The skulls and terminals are awesome and if you dont like any of the new stuff play with old graphics and classic music. Im sorry to say but i think your a tiny bit retarded.

proem
11-25-2011, 01:25 AM
my bitch is:

why in the world do you spawn with a plasma pistol when you die/respawn in a co-op game? what sense does that make? why does it not give you the magnum? i don't remember if this is how it worked with the original version, but it is quite dumb and illogical for a spartan of the unsc to spawn with covenant tech.... crappy tech at that

Kaiyo
11-25-2011, 01:45 AM
The 9th terminal was so outta place.

DarkReign2021
11-25-2011, 03:56 AM
The 9th terminal was so outta place.

I agree. I didn't like how they just randomly threw that at you out of nowhere. Plus it was just an animated re-enactment of a scene from 'The Flood.' That would've been better left for a short animation in Waypoint like they've been doing with the short stories. I wanted more Forerunner and Guilty Spark stories.

Zhaer
11-26-2011, 07:27 AM
My biggest gripe (and perhaps it's because I've been spoiled by modern games) is how slow and sluggish the Warthog feels. Playing Reach I'm a pretty decent driver, but during CEA it just doesn't feel right.

Tyger7
11-26-2011, 09:04 AM
The problem is the lag, specifically in co-op. I have played online for years and have never had such bad lag. When I play, I just expect it. There is a huge delay that I have had to adapt to. Literally it has to be like a full 1.5 seconds. You turn left and stop turning, and your guy is still turning. You basically play with a horrible delay. When someone gets an achievement, the whole game almost crashes.

That being said, most of the time at the end of the level since we are both unlocking achievements, it kicks me out and does not give me credit for beating the level on legendary.

Am I wrong? Is this only me and the person I play with? Why would the studio release a game that has such a poor online experience. I guess I could test it with a different partner just in case, but it's just almost unplayable. The new graphics are impressive, but that's about it.

Also, with the new graphics, why did not they place some new colors, designs, numbers, anything....to show you that you are in a new area? Some of the levels have so many rooms and areas that look the same. I end up going backwards sometimes. Like why not just throw in some arrows or maybe even build something on the radar. I am so tired of seeing the same area over and over and over. I know it's 10 years old but even Golden Eye on the 64 had more level variation.

master_shake_350
11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Lag in co-op campaign over live.

Shadow_Fiend
11-28-2011, 07:46 AM
honestly i thought the game was great cheevos were pretty easy...to an extent had the game a lil over a week and already 1000 pointed the game

EliteShadowMan
12-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I end up going backwards sometimes.

sometimes? it happened like everytime you spawned and i had to tell you that you were going the wrong way lmao.

Coop lag over live is unbearable and honestly shouldn't be an issue with this game. 343 really dropped the ball with this HD treatment for halo. So now i'm kind of expecting Halo 4 to suck

MixMaker1
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
The coding for Halo: CE was never made to work with network co-op. So in the short time they had, it was probably a challenge to maintain stability.

That being said, while there are/were dips for me, co-op was pretty consistent. Seeing a lot of complaints about the lag (frame rate issues) though.

Halo 4 will be fine. Reach's co-op is pretty stable and that's the engine they're using for 4.

theNomad
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Hope someone can prove me wrong here, but I'm thinking that the Maw on LASO will be impossible. Last night I was playing around, showing a friend the "Food Nipple Grunt," and threw on Grunt B-Day, Piņata, and Boom for fun.

Everything was fine until I get to the top of the elevator just before the timer starts. While walking through the bay with the warthogs explosions go off. The first two times I died from this, but later I was able to sneak in and lose all but 3 bars of health and grab one of the med packs there.

This was on Easy, so I'm wondering if you can even survive those blasts on Legendary. If anyone else feels like giving it a shot and posting their results, I'll be thankful. I'm not about to attempt that level LASO until I know it can be done.

The warthog ride didn't give me any extra trouble. I was able to make it to the end of the run with Boom on, but died in the explosions at the very end. The game froze on the attempt after that, so I gave up.

It can be done on LASO but it requires luck and you need to pace your hog so its out of any waves way that uses grenades, so basically you can kiss going for that 1 min left on the clock cheevo. I swear it took me 30+ attempts its like 50% chance you won't make it out of the hog hanger and round the 1st corner. Someone on this board mentioned actually getting that 1 min cheevo on LASO so my hats off to him and anyone who can do it.

My sole complaint and its only a small issue, is not being able to use grunt funeral in Installation 04. That would have been so damned funny, shame really you couldn't unlock it within Reach for the other firefights as well.