PDA

View Full Version : How to make 2 Million in under one hour

DunkelheitVZ
10-16-2011, 09:13 AM
There is drag racing rival event (first event "monthly" and 3 spaces to the right) on the infineon raceway.

Most people don't know yet that you can upgrade your car to up to 373kw here. Get a car and BARELY beat your next rival (start at 25k bounty). Now move on to the next one and so on till you cannot beat your rivals any more. Normally this should be at about 150k bounty.

I have a drag racing setup for the Ford King Cobra in my storefront which made me break into the top 500. If that is good enough for you, you can download it. Look for DunkelheitVZ and keyword drag. Or you make your own setup.

Have fun.

To clarify a bit more because I had questions about this:

It is important to start with a "slow time" rival, because if you start at a slow time and only beat them by an inch, you get a lot more chances to beat a rival for big money. If you start with someone for a 150.000, you will hit your skill ceiling a lot faster.

If you have more questions or I did not make it clear enough, feel free to post your questions, I am more than happy to help you out.

tankbuster
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I'll check out your set-up and give it a go, All I am pretty much doing with Forza 4 this time is sticking with Ford for most everything. I also love the new edition of "Rivals" Makes racing even more fun. Thanks for the post.

OddJob92
10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
how do you up the bounty?

JonathanT32
10-16-2011, 08:48 PM
how do you up the bounty?

As you beat higher rank people on the leader boards, the bounty will eventually increase.

Oliv3rP
10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
i won about 6 times got it down to 15 seconds...still 2.500 bounty :| rubbish way to make money :(

DunkelheitVZ
10-16-2011, 09:38 PM
i won about 6 times got it down to 15 seconds...still 2.500 bounty :| rubbish way to make money :(

You can always up your bounty as much as you like... I personally started at 25.000 bounty and would not start at 2.500 bounty. Just hit Y and scroll up till the bounty gets higher. It is not bound to the number of people you beat, but to the number in the ranking.

And when you just start at 100.000... you can still beat 10-20 rivals (depending on how closely you are beating the rivals) after that and make the fastest 1-2 million in the game.

You maybe can do this in other challenges as well, but you have to have driving skill and the laps are longer than 15 seconds ;)

KeepEmRolling
10-16-2011, 11:28 PM
I dl your setup, put it on the King Cobra and went to race. When I go to run a race and pick that car the setup isn't installed. I go to load setup and long story short, it won't let me use the setup. I've never used a tune for anything but career racing and can't figure out what i'm doing wrong, or out of order. Any help appreciated.

Corma
10-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Did you use you own car? (After selecting your rival scroll to the left to your garage, not to the right to the Ford Vendor)

MxPx
10-17-2011, 12:54 AM
What's "373kw"?

And I don't understand how Rivals mode works. How do you win?

I just did an autocross race...my time was 3:02:286, rivals time to beat was 3:52:249. He was in a Syclone, and was plowing through every gate knocking them down. He beat me to the finish, sure, but shouldn't I have won, since I had a lower time after penalties were added?

Edit: And now I just won a match...beat the ghost, but was slower than the time I had to beat...is this game broken?

eiVaL
10-17-2011, 02:14 AM
What's "373kw"?

KILAWATTS
http://www.alltopmovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Doc-Brown.jpg

rekikire
10-17-2011, 02:18 AM
KILAWATTS

Kilowatts.

MxPx
10-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Alright...What's that have to do with Forza?

KeepEmRolling
10-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Did you use you own car? (After selecting your rival scroll to the left to your garage, not to the right to the Ford Vendor)

lol...nope I scrolled to the Fords...thanks

DJCookieUK
10-17-2011, 04:09 AM
@MxPx (I Think) its the U.S. way to measure a cars power output like Horse power

(if my guess is way off enjoy the lol'z)

SuperSkyline89
10-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Alright...What's that have to do with Forza?

It's the far less popular unit for horsepower, like Newton-meters are for torque.

FSparacino4
10-17-2011, 04:20 AM
@MxPx (I Think) its the U.S. way to measure a cars power output like Horse power

(if my guess is way off enjoy the lol'z)

Nope, US uses Horsepower :)

Jay ITFC
10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
What's "373kw"?

500 BHP.

For the event your car must be 499 BHP or less to be classed legal to compete after your upgrades.

OP can you list all parts/upgrades you are using please?

Got up to 5k in the leaderboards with Dodge Super Bee but doesn't want to go any further. Any setup advice for drag racing?

DunkelheitVZ
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
What's "373kw"?

And I don't understand how Rivals mode works. How do you win?

I just did an autocross race...my time was 3:02:286, rivals time to beat was 3:52:249. He was in a Syclone, and was plowing through every gate knocking them down. He beat me to the finish, sure, but shouldn't I have won, since I had a lower time after penalties were added?

Edit: And now I just won a match...beat the ghost, but was slower than the time I had to beat...is this game broken?

The most important thing is that your lap is not "dirty".... if it is dirty, you can be as fast as you want, you won't beat someone who got a clean lap.

And I don't know about autocross, since I hate the guts out of it ;)

DunkelheitVZ
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
500 BHP.

For the event your car must be 499 BHP or less to be classed legal to compete after your upgrades.

OP can you list all parts/upgrades you are using please?

Got up to 5k in the leaderboards with Dodge Super Bee but doesn't want to go any further. Any setup advice for drag racing?

For this drag racing you need 373 kw, then you strip your car from everything that is weight. You need big rear tires and very small front tires (because of weight again). Then you need a differential and set it close to 100% in accelaration (if you can manage it, the car will be very jumpy with its tail near the start).
I did not use any aspiration (turbo and the like) either, since it adds a bit of weight.

But I am not wisdoms end, at the end I was #374 in the ranking and could not advance further, the others were simply faster.

DunkelheitVZ
10-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Since Turn10 nerfed the Bounty rewards on drag racing, this won't work anymore or at least not as good as it used to work.

OLL1E43
10-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the info mate will try later.

SpectreSoldier
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Smuffy
10-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Since Turn10 nerfed the Bounty rewards on drag racing, this won't work anymore or at least not as good as it used to work.

Why are they so insistent on making this game less fun than Forza 3?

Thanks for the heads-up, in both regards. :)

FeaRs
10-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I have been doing this with pretty much all of the Monthly Rival Races. If your smart and run a really good lap, you can just wait at the finish line until your opponents ghost is right on your tail then slip across the line. Been doing this for a little, helps get money for some of the buying car achievements.

erod550
10-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I have been doing this with pretty much all of the Monthly Rival Races. If your smart and run a really good lap, you can just wait at the finish line until your opponents ghost is right on your tail then slip across the line. Been doing this for a little, helps get money for some of the buying car achievements.

Sometimes if you stop at the finish line it will flag the lap as "dirty." I was sandbagging like this the other day and if you slam on your brakes right before the finish line it doesn't count as a clean lap, but if you anticipate a bit before the finish line and just lazily finish the track just before the ghost does, then it works. Wasted a few good laps before I figured out what was going on.

FeaRs
10-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Sometimes if you stop at the finish line it will flag the lap as "dirty." I was sandbagging like this the other day and if you slam on your brakes right before the finish line it doesn't count as a clean lap, but if you anticipate a bit before the finish line and just lazily finish the track just before the ghost does, then it works. Wasted a few good laps before I figured out what was going on.

I typed that wrong haha, my fault. I usually just slow down around the last turn and go really slow towards the finish line. That is as long as I'm a good ways ahead of the ghost car, makes for some easy money for sure.