PDA

View Full Version : To easy

judd90
10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
This game is to easy imo, you don't have to earn anything. You just do a few easy races in a car to get affinity level 4 and you can fully upgrade the car. I made a 10 Ford Boss and it cost me $800 and that was just for the front guard and hood. I bet I could finish 1st every race in the game and not spend a cent.

Anyone agree with this?

Vaatdoekje
10-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I agree with you, its fairly easy with the upgrading stuff.
racing wise I dont agree, you can make it as hard and challenging as you want.

And btw, you could try making a nice tuning setup (if you mess that up it makes the game more challenging lol)

Qonok
10-16-2011, 10:45 AM
For the other achievements you have to earn quite a bit still. You need 38 million (29 million if you take one as a level reward) to buy the cars you need to have the 5 most expensive cars.
And around another 12 million to get all of the rest of Ferrari's on disk one that you didn't get with the 5 most expensive.
And then...there is buying a Unicorn if you don't get one another way.

Matt36
10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Yep. I've bought nothing so far and on my 5th season. Everything is given to you, even tuning up your cars if they dont meet the grade.

Will finish it today and trade tomorrow. Fun weekend game. That is all.

Deantoir
10-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Probably to make it fair that no one gets all the best stuff first. Racing wise. It is difficult on max settings

Matt36
10-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Probably to make it fair that no one gets all the best stuff first.

So we have to wait for everyone lagging behind slowly, before I can get a Zonda or Enzo?

Where's the logic in that....

Corma
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure why the upgrades make the game easy for you. You have to stay in a class and some of the AI cars are upgraded whithin its limitations, too.

If the game is easy for you you're either driving extraordinary good or use far to many driving assists for the game to be any fun or challenge or are simply still messing around with the slow cars.

Up to class B it is maybe a little too easy for people who play racing games a lot. Everybody can control a car that barely reaches 120 m/h with the braking line on but after that the game IMHO becomes surprisingly hard even with the line .

I'm driving with a 115% difficulty bonus (140% at World Tour) and I have a hell of a time winning anything on my first try and I had no problem winnig everything against the AI at Forza 2 + 3 (highest AI Setting except the Race Cars, drove against them on normal AI difficulty)

And according to my lap records within the club I sure am not the slowest driver around here even with most of the assist off.

Matt36
10-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Each to their own. I've a lot of the assists off, similar to you. And still find it hard to find a challenge.

Corma
10-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Each to their own. I've a lot of the assists off, similar to you. And still find it hard to find a challenge.

If you don't play offline you haven't driven anything faster than Class C yet (+ R3 on Test Track).

Anyway, I dont wanna start a fight over this, I guess thats what Rival mode is for ;)

Matt36
10-16-2011, 12:25 PM
If you don't play offline you haven't driven anything faster than Class C yet (+ R3 on Test Track).

Anyway, I dont wanna start a fight over this, I guess thats what Rival mode is for ;)

What? "IF I don't play Offline" What does that even me? lol I've driven plenty of cars above Class C. I own plenty too.

I'm not arguing bud, just don't get your post ;)

judd90
10-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure why the upgrades make the game easy for you. You have to stay in a class and some of the AI cars are upgraded whithin its limitations, too.

If the game is easy for you you're either driving extraordinary good or use far to many driving assists for the game to be any fun or challenge or are simply still messing around with the slow cars.

Up to class B it is maybe a little too easy for people who play racing games a lot. Everybody can control a car that barely reaches 120 m/h with the braking line on but after that the game IMHO becomes surprisingly hard even with the line .

I'm driving with a 115% difficulty bonus (140% at World Tour) and I have a hell of a time winning anything on my first try and I had no problem winnig everything against the AI at Forza 2 + 3 (highest AI Setting except the Race Cars, drove against them on normal AI difficulty)

And according to my lap records within the club I sure am not the slowest driver around here even with most of the assist off.
Everything in this game is handed to you was my point, you don't have to save money or anything (unless you want the cheevos). I turn all assists off.

master_shake_350
10-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Is it me or is there no option to change the AI difficulty?

Vaatdoekje
10-16-2011, 02:40 PM
not in season play I think, possible in other modes tho

Corma
10-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Is it me or is there no option to change the AI difficulty?

As far as I know there is no such option. Maybe the game auto-adjusts the difficulty somehow.

Everything in this game is handed to you was my point, you don't have to save money or anything (unless you want the cheevos). I turn all assists off.

Yeah, I thought you meant that the game is easy because the upgrades are handed to you and overpowering the AI doesn't even cost you any money. Not sure if I got it right, if not I'm sorry.

I can see on the board that you drive with little help and sometimes even with no upgrades (Tsukuba B Class or Maple Valley C Class for example). I really have no idea why the game is easy for you and not for me.

My laptimes are often a bit better or I'd say that you're simply a lot better driver than I am. On Sunset B I have a 1.50 Time with a A600 car and iirc I've lost the race. You have a 2.02 time with a A559 car. I don't know if you won but I guess so?!

Ellerkermike371
10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I have my difficulty setting that has only braking line and have it at custom.

SuperSkyline89
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
World Tour has adaptive difficulty, the better you race the harder it gets.

As for being too easy, since when did requiring upgrades on cars make a game hard? Maybe I'm just a old man at 22 but I actually remember when games didn't have upgrades at all and you just drove the cars you were given.

This is a racing game, the difficulty is in winning a race, not how long it takes to upgrade a car.

eiVaL
10-16-2011, 09:07 PM
pretty much what SuperSkyline said, it doesnt matter if you have a car thats fully equipped and has the highest PI for a Grade doesnt mean its the best car, there are still HUGE variances in each cars specs with the same PI and even if you do manage to easily win a few races there will eventually be atleast 1 or 2 of the AI drivers who smoke you an you'll just have to conceit a non-1st place finish till the next tournament.

i highly doubt anyone will unlock "Bucket List" legitimately on their first try of every race, without trying to glitch the AI by purposely losing to make the AI easier.

judd90
10-17-2011, 12:12 AM
As far as I know there is no such option. Maybe the game auto-adjusts the difficulty somehow.

Yeah, I thought you meant that the game is easy because the upgrades are handed to you and overpowering the AI doesn't even cost you any money. Not sure if I got it right, if not I'm sorry.

I can see on the board that you drive with little help and sometimes even with no upgrades (Tsukuba B Class or Maple Valley C Class for example). I really have no idea why the game is easy for you and not for me.

My laptimes are often a bit better or I'd say that you're simply a lot better driver than I am. On Sunset B I have a 1.50 Time with a A600 car and iirc I've lost the race. You have a 2.02 time with a A559 car. I don't know if you won but I guess so?!
Yeah I won, I haven't lost yet in career...

How did you check my profile?

DEG23
10-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah I won, I haven't lost yet in career...

How did you check my profile?

I don't think it even matters if you lose a race in career. Twice now i have messed up, first on one of the chase races on the Nurburgring, i forgot to keep an eye on the progress bar and couldn't catch my opponent, then on the last event where there are 2 races in one, morning & afternoon, i was first until the last corner where i cut it too fine and clipped a guard rail, spun out and came third.

I then received a message saying i had won the championship and progressed to the next year?????

judd90
10-17-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't think it even matters if you lose a race in career. Twice now i have messed up, first on one of the chase races on the Nurburgring, i forgot to keep an eye on the progress bar and couldn't catch my opponent, then on the last event where there are 2 races in one, morning & afternoon, i was first until the last corner where i cut it too fine and clipped a guard rail, spun out and came third.

I then received a message saying i had won the championship and progressed to the next year?????
Did you win the first race tho? You would of won by having more Championship Points than the others.

DEG23
10-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Did you win the first race tho? You would of won by having more Championship Points than the others.

Yeah i won all events except for the 2nd race of the championship event, came 3rd like i said. I remember in Forza 3 there was a list of total points throughout the year and you just had to win overall, but i can't find anything like that in Forza 4??

judd90
10-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah i won all events except for the 2nd race of the championship event, came 3rd like i said. I remember in Forza 3 there was a list of total points throughout the year and you just had to win overall, but i can't find anything like that in Forza 4??
Not sure were to look but that would be how it works, I can near guarantee it.

MxPx
10-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Yep. I've bought nothing so far and on my 5th season. Everything is given to you, even tuning up your cars if they dont meet the grade.

Will finish it today and trade tomorrow. Fun weekend game. That is all.

Sorry, but there's no way you've earned 38 Million already.

judd90
10-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I think he means the Career not 100% achievements...

NomoreNiceGuy
10-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Yes, they should make it hurt while spending money

Matt36
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Lol wut?

I do.

MxPx
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM

Sorry...most people on here don't sell their games until they 100% them. :)

Matt36
10-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I sell when I feel I'm done with a game. I only bought Forza 4, to play over this weekend. Its going towards Batman on friday. I can't get 100% on this anyway, don't have Kinect, a forza 3 save or billions of Cr to get a unicorn car.

OctagonQontrol
10-17-2011, 03:46 PM
In general; this game is not easy... Money is hard to come by unless you spend some hours in Rivals-mode beating better people. AI is absolutely adaptive for instance they took their lap-times down from 2:02 to 1:57 on Mugello (fifth restart) where most people will have the utmost difficulty of driving 5 seconds faster and win the race. Turning off all assists & drive with a wheel & World Tour will make you wonder why you ever bought the game in the first place.

Then again, I almost finished Season 8 in just under 20H of wheel-racing with no assists whatsoever and enjoying every minute of it. :Bounce:

W0LD0
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
It's your own fault if you find it to easy, agreed the game does seem to drive itself when you have all the assists on and AI on easy. Challenge yourself, turn assists off, up the difficulty, it's more fun that way and you get way better value out of the game.

Mohegan13
10-17-2011, 05:57 PM
World Tour is extremely easy. I drive on full Expert settings and the AI is no where to be seen.

It may partly due to not realising that level reward cars are pre-tuned and upgraded. But, even so, I find stock cars to be way too easy. I really hope it does get harder.

Matt36
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
You know a games easy, when you hire a driver and he even he wins on expert difficulty, 100% of the time!

MxPx
10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
In general; this game is not easy... Money is hard to come by unless you spend some hours in Rivals-mode beating better people. AI is absolutely adaptive for instance they took their lap-times down from 2:02 to 1:57 on Mugello (fifth restart) where most people will have the utmost difficulty of driving 5 seconds faster and win the race. Turning off all assists & drive with a wheel & World Tour will make you wonder why you ever bought the game in the first place.

Then again, I almost finished Season 8 in just under 20H of wheel-racing with no assists whatsoever and enjoying every minute of it. :Bounce:

I wouldn't say its hard to come by...large lump sums of money, such as 100,000+ are hard to come by sure, but money tends to flow in pretty regularly. I'm on my 4th or 5th season, getting about $20k per race...not too shabby, enough to buy a couple cars after every season, along with all the reward cars you seem to get every two to three races.

Matt36
10-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't say its hard to come by...large lump sums of money, such as 100,000+ are hard to come by sure, but money tends to flow in pretty regularly. I'm on my 4th or 5th season, getting about $20k per race...not too shabby, enough to buy a couple cars after every season, along with all the reward cars you seem to get every two to three races.

I tend to stick with the same 3 cars, meaning any I have won in the past I haev sold in the auction house. When I hit season 5, I sold everything bar a couple fords and got 80k. Not bad.

AJBass
10-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Turn 10 seem to want to create a divide between casual Forza players and the hardcore ones.

Matt36
10-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Turn 10 seem to want to create a divide between casual Forza players and the hardcore ones.

How do you work that out?