PDA

View Full Version : This is embarrassing...

Streak Leader
10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
I am having problems getting 5 stars on the Grroof level where you pull of the sticks and leaves and then have to scrub him clean (I feel a bit foolish even typing out that sentence...). I believe it's Story 4, Level 3.

The best I have done so far is 3 stars. I pull the stuff off and get a couple of stars. I get to the scrubbing part and maybe get one more.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Maybe I need to set my 8 year old loose on this to see if he can do any better...

I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Lavindathar
10-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not up to that yet.

But I'm stuck on 4-2 (still embarrassing). It's the glitterbug level.

I get a star as soon as I return the first bug, I then return every bug nearly instantly in the method I'm meant to missing none, but no stars pop.

Clues?

Tyrantus
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Sadly enough I'm having the same problem..

I get 3 stars for removing the sticks but only one at the end of cleaning him. My guess is I'm scrubbing wrong somehow??

Lavindathar
10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Ok, I did 4-2. It was speed based, once I lost the 5 year old son and it was fairly easy.

Ok, I'm up to 4-3 now. I'll try 5 star it and post back.

Edit - Ok, 4-3 I can only get 3*

Scrapdaddy
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
4-3 was the last one I got and it took several tries. It's tough to give tips for Kinect games but I'll try to break it down:

To start, immediately grab the stuff off his chest as fast as you can using 2 hands. Star 1 will pop up. Then lean forward and pull off both horns using 2 hands. We are going to use 2 hands for the rest of the event. Now put out 1 arm and pull off the bracelets and then put out the second arm and take off the other bracelet. Star 2 should pop. Next up are feet, so again we will handle them one at a time. Go ahead and turn around and then quickly grab off the 4 pieces off his back. As a gage, Star 3 should have just popped so you will be at 3 stars after completing this first part. If not, restart the level (unless you want the practice). This first part is not too bad as long as you move fast enough and remember to use 2 hands to tear things off.

The scrubbing is the worst part. For whatever reason my left hand kept disappearing and I would just get a single star during the whole scrubbing process bringing my total to 4. The way I finally got it was by using open palms with my hands facing the TV. Move quickly and start with the belly, then do both arms. Next you will lean forward to do the head and then turn around to wash his back. Star 4 pops here. Now Grrhoof turns back around, do both underarms and then both feet and Star 5 pops at the end.

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster - 5 star cleaning - YouTube

Tyrantus
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Doing that and moving quickly I was able to get the fourth star midway through the cleaning and the fifth star popped at the end.

Still having trouble getting this >w<

Do you remember at what stage of cleaning him the star popped? Like after his back, head, under arms etc?

Scrapdaddy
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Still having trouble getting this >w<

Do you remember at what stage of cleaning him the star popped? Like after his back, head, under arms etc?

I know the first part so well because of the amount of times I had to replay it. The washing part was where I was having problems and I was surprised when that 4th star finally popped up and wasn't really paying attention and then once I got the 5th star my achievement unlocked and I haven't played it since. I'll replay it later today and try to narrow it down if I can repeat my success.

Lavindathar
10-16-2011, 07:16 PM
also can't get any stars while cleaning. Is it time based?

Scrapdaddy
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
OK just replayed it and had my wife do it as well and we can both get 5 stars now. I made an edit to my original post to insert when the stars pop up.

The washing does seem to be time based (but there is no way I can know for sure). You want to get Grrhoof laughing as quickly as possible after each "stage" of the cleaning. Then stand still until he comes back to start the next section.

Tyrantus
10-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Finally got 5 stars! The 4th star pops up once you finish his back.

I did what Scrap Daddy said and used open palms. Once I knew it was based on speed I just went crazy going as fast as I could and it worked.

Streak Leader
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM
4-3 was the last one I got and it took several tries. It's tough to give tips for Kinect games but I'll try to break it down:

To start, immediately grab the stuff off his chest as fast as you can using 2 hands. Star 1 will pop up. Then lean forward and pull off both horns using 2 hands. We are going to use 2 hands for the rest of the event. Now put out 1 arm and pull off the bracelets and then put out the second arm and take off the other bracelet. Star 2 should pop. Next up are feet, so again we will handle them one at a time. Go ahead and turn around and then quickly grab off the 4 pieces off his back. As a gage, Star 3 should have just popped so you will be at 3 stars after completing this first part. If not, restart the level (unless you want the practice). This first part is not too bad as long as you move fast enough and remember to use 2 hands to tear things off.

The scrubbing is the worst part. For whatever reason my left hand kept disappearing and I would just get a single star during the whole scrubbing process bringing my total to 4. The way I finally got it was by using open palms with my hands facing the TV. Move quickly and start with the belly, then do both arms. Next you will lean forward to do the head and then turn around to wash his back. Star 4 pops here. Now Grrhoof turns back around, do both underarms and then both feet and Star 5 pops at the end.

Thank you for this! It's good to know I wasn't going insane on this. I will try this out later on when I have the chance.

Streak Leader
10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm not up to that yet.

But I'm stuck on 4-2 (still embarrassing). It's the glitterbug level.

I get a star as soon as I return the first bug, I then return every bug nearly instantly in the method I'm meant to missing none, but no stars pop.

Clues?

I had to replay that level a few times as well. Glad to see that you got it worked out!

AWC GOTTI
10-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I need help with 3-2. Where cookie monster is a director and tells you to be sad, happy, excited, hungry and clap hands, I can not seem to get 5 stars on this one. I get a star on everything but the excited part. Please help. Or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tyrantus
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I need help with 3-2. Where cookie monster is a director and tells you to be sad, happy, excited, hungry and clap hands, I can not seem to get 5 stars on this one. I get a star on everything but the excited part. Please help. Or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Raise your arms up high, wave them about and turn around on the spot. If I remember correctly. :)

Lavindathar
10-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I went back to the washing Ghroof one tonight, and got 5* on the third attempt or so.

The open palms trick definitely helped, so thankyou.

Burgon
11-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm struggling with the 'walk proudly' thing in the Seamus play section.
no matter what action I do, or what i accentuate, the flowers barely light up.

Anyone got a fullproof method for that animation? It's stopping me getting two achievements and i want to send this game back soon hah.