PDA

View Full Version : Drifting

Vaatdoekje
10-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello fellow rubber burners!

so I picked up forza 4, and I just love it!
played the previous versions, but since 4 im in love lol

BUT!!
Im trying to drift for the perfect drift score chievo...
and well... pretty save to say I suck at it...
any tips for me? some good practice tracks maybe?

lemme know!

fightingbjdl
10-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi.

I used the Nissan Silvia S15 for this.
Upgradet the car to max and went out on a trip on the Fuji Kaido track and on that track you should be able to get it if you can drift a little bit.
You need 5000 points in one drift to make it and this you can do easy if you practice a little bit if you dont get in the first try :)

gohanman
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I did it in the Veyron on the big oval test track. It seems like the faster you're going, the faster your drift score goes up. If you can start a small drift at 200 mph and simply not crash, you should be able to get 5k.

Mohegan13
10-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Take any car that likes to step out (I used the 2012 BMW M5) go to benchmark (test track) layout E. Make sure that steering is set to "normal" in difficulty and that TCS is of course off.

Stay in second, use the handbrake to swing the back-end out (remember to use the clutch to keep the revs up when using the handbrake) and you should get it fairly easily. Try not to stray too close to the walls.

Remember, if you spin or hit the wall, you can use rewind and keep the points you had prior to the spin/crash.

Balc0ra
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
1971 Nissan Skyline with a R34 engine in it max tuned is what I used.
I did it on the fujima mountain track full run. Head to the end of the track "in any car really" and wait for the long wide open less twisted turns. Its basically a long straight line with a few bends in it. I just started to turn back and forth until I had 5500 points and I got it.

Or an oval speed track with a car you like and do it in one of the turns there. Just get some speed and swing left and right.

Vaatdoekje
10-16-2011, 09:17 PM
thanks guys, gonna give it a go tomorrow.

problem is when I press a I start spinning lol

gotta practice some more i guess ;)

Jaxson 66
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I just got it earlier while racing with my F Class King Cobra Mustang on Sebring. Turning on the drift meter helps.

Oliv3rP
10-17-2011, 10:14 AM
yeh i did mine in a supra at the sedona raceway... did it in a race, got up to about 170 and piece of cake...had stm tcs and abs on, still managed it :)

Vaatdoekje
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
yeh i did mine in a supra at the sedona raceway... did it in a race, got up to about 170 and piece of cake...had stm tcs and abs on, still managed it :)

now you made me feel like a n00b ;)

ow and talking of n00b, how do I turn on a drift meter? :P

Ser Snow
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM

In the HUD settings mate just before you start a race

Just done mine in a Veyron on Test Track Speedway, 8k drift no problem

Oliv3rP
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM

haha dont worry, i lose every drift race i do online lmao cuz i just crash constantly, there is enough room to do it comfortably though, youll get there

Matt36
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Aids at drifting, tried a couple times but no luck!

JerseyAccord
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I have found Suzuka East the easiest to drift on.

Then take a RWD car of your choice and mod it to about 400-450hp, take it out and try. if you feel you need more power then mod to 500-550, then try again. repeat until you find a good power band for the car.

also remember manual trans is basically a must for a successful long drift, otherwise the car will shift you will loose power.

as far as suzuka east track, first turn enter in at 3rd gear then drop to 2nd halfway through the turn and you should be able to run the rest of the track in 2nd gear fine, though might need 3rd gear depending on the car and power

Matt36
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
4) Benchmark Test Track Speedway (1st track listed)
5) Race Difficulty - set it up like this;
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!