PDA

View Full Version : Stop smashing my car!!!

Gilian85
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Freaking kamikaze A.I!!!!! bunch of retards, a open road and what do they do... smashing all together in my car. Without any assists on

FIX IT TURN10!!!!

Matt36
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Just *sigh* its a game....not perfect, nor is it real life.

Sylon00
10-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I love it when they turn left into my passenger door when the track goes right, or straight, lol. My favorite is when they PIT me into a spin 100ft after the start. Can't rewind that!

cathXoXlic
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
The AI is way aggressive. Best option is to blow by them in the start down th middle then brake late and sharp on the first turn. You'll pass most of them and then not have to worry about them intentionally ruining your car.

Mohegan13
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Turn10 boasted about how the new AI is more aware. I hate to admit it, but it's true. They know exactly where I am then maliciously turn into me. :rolleyes:

Gilian85
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Turn10 boasted about how the new AI is more aware. I hate to admit it, but it's true. They know exactly where I am then maliciously turn into me. :rolleyes:

More aware???

Looks like their on a freaking kamikaze suicide mission

Balc0ra
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Yes they are more aware of where the other AI cars are. But if they plan to take the turn following that lane and you wanna pass em on the inside. They really don't break for you or notice that you are there. They just keep on following the line and push you off the road.

They are like bad robots following a white line on the road. They really don't care if you have your car parked on the white line. They don't stop.
But if you pit an AI car and he starts to spin. The other AI cars spread out to avoid him. If you spin they are gonna smack right into you and make your car yellow and red.

Vigor
10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
If you can't beat them, join them.
I always torpedo everything in my way on the first corner.

Sylon00
10-16-2011, 05:54 PM
I have noticed if you use the Rewind feature, the AI trips out and punishes you for it. I had an issue in a turn, so I backed it up and it went back a ways on the straight. As soon as I hit A, the M5 right next to me did a hard cut to the left (on a straight with a right-hander coming), right into the side of my car slamming me into the grass. Guess who had to rewind again, lol.

Tattoo Man
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I agree with vigor, straight down the middle at the start then shove them out the way at the first corner

rrcplus
10-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Freaking kamikaze A.I!!!!! bunch of retards, a open road and what do they do... smashing all together in my car. Without any assists on

FIX IT TURN10!!!!

When in Rome..SMASH THEM BACK!

Just turn the damage to cosmetic so it won't deduct any of your points when someone smashes in to you and you return the favor. :p

Qonok
10-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I have noticed if you use the Rewind feature, the AI trips out and punishes you for it. I had an issue in a turn, so I backed it up and it went back a ways on the straight. As soon as I hit A, the M5 right next to me did a hard cut to the left (on a straight with a right-hander coming), right into the side of my car slamming me into the grass. Guess who had to rewind again, lol.

This happens if you press Start to pause the game, too. It is like it resets their AI and they have to figure out where they are when you unpause and they do very unpredictable things.

TwistedFate
10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
I've noticed in most instances they don't seem to be aware of you, but I have seen occasions when they behave like they do know where you are. Going into a turn side by side with Rossi, if I have the better line, he slows down and gets behind me. More braking than I would expect if he was just trying to race the track.

Furnace Inferno
10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
They seem fine to me on Professional, a lot more race'y than before which i'm sure a lot of people will mistake for outright aggression.

If i leave the door open on the inside line and they are close enough they will gladly take the opportunity to rub up against me and take my position, but that is racing.

Just as if you try and go on the inside line but positionally are behind, it is well within their right to use all of the inside line and knock you of the track. If you refuse to yield and crash then it is your own fault.

DEG23
10-17-2011, 12:33 AM
^^^ Agree

You have to keep in mind that IT'S A RACE, the AI isn't going to give way to you.

I've found it's often easier to overtake the cars you can at the beginning, sit about 3rd or 4th then take them one by one once the herd thins out, rather then demolition derby your way to the front on the first corner.

JKSullivan
10-17-2011, 02:37 AM
I have to agree that the AI is just 'off' - they are more equal on the straights for sure, but they definitely have a tendency to play bumper cars for no reason. They also are completely unaffected by sand when they run off, and they make a beeline for the racing line at full speed when they come back on - often right into my car.

And for the record, I'm playing on expert for full bonus credits, so lowering damage and using rewind are not an option. And setting your difficulty higher obviously doesn't help either.

The AI is the only major disappointment in this game, in my opinion.

Sylon00
10-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Well, at least the AI helps you get used to the bumper cars that is online.

FSparacino4
10-17-2011, 03:56 AM
The AI is much improved IMO. I've seen cars just randomly miss turns and crash into the walls. Mistakes like losing control happens and the AI isn't immune to it. My strategy is to get on the inside on the first turn, take it faster than normal, and use the AI cars on the outside to stay on the track. Works like a charm

NomoreNiceGuy
10-17-2011, 03:58 AM
To bad you cant hcange the AI difficulty

Sylon00
10-17-2011, 04:21 AM
The AI is much improved IMO. I've seen cars just randomly miss turns and crash into the walls. Mistakes like losing control happens and the AI isn't immune to it. My strategy is to get on the inside on the first turn, take it faster than normal, and use the AI cars on the outside to stay on the track. Works like a charm

I saw that once in Forza 3. It was on the Nurburgring GP circuit, turn 1, the right-hand hairpin. All the cars made the right turn, except a Maserati Gran Turismo, he decided to keep going straight, lol. Funniest damn thing I saw in that game.

Matt36
10-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Any simulation game that has a rewind button, isn't 100% realistic, so just battle your way through the pack! Not like its your car sat in your drive, that you're smashing. Turn damage off if its that big a deal?

Big Stoz
10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I think it is only fair because I rammed the AI off the track every chance I got in Forza 3....I guess this is payback time LOL

TheLastGunslinger
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I think they're learning from me. If I raced in real life the way I do in Forza I would be banned from all pro circuits. Also I would probably be dead several times over.

$RebelG
10-17-2011, 07:17 PM
I noticed this today while having to use the rewind button. Was on a complete straight after a corner and I was the only one in the middle of the track. I rewind, the next thing I know I have 2 cars either side of me pull in hard down the middle, it was a WTF moment.

I've learned to push the other cars off the track though if they decide they want to get to close to me. Quite good considering I don't get much of a penalty at the end of the race for credits.

Mohegan13
10-17-2011, 07:56 PM
The AI learns from you. If you are dirty with them, they will be more dirty with you in later races.

I do find rivals mode with track days to be a pain, AI cars randomly turning into you even on straights. Trying to get a clean banker lap in (slowly) so just hanging behind going around wide on corners and offline down straights, only to have them hit me any way.

JKSullivan
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
The AI learns from you. If you are dirty with them, they will be more dirty with you in later races.

That may be, but they sure as hell start off as dirty racers. I was run off the track more than once in my very first race, before I ever had a chance to bully them. And I certainly don't turn into their side door when they are passing me on a straightaway, so I don't know where they learned THAT from.