PDA

View Full Version : why does the HIRED driver not drive like the POST RACE driver

eiVaL
10-17-2011, 02:22 AM
complete B.S.

i sat here an watched my driver be passive as hell, under brake ending up on the grass in the same corners each lap, then once the race ended he starts driving perfect, passing other guys aggressive as hell even doing a bit of drifting...

complete crap

not to mention no matter how great you build your car he never passes anyone on the start, he'll litterally ride behind the pack rather than taking the inside or outside where theres more than a full car length of space:mad:

peaceM
10-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Probably the way you tuned the car was too much for the car itself. I remember in FM3, I max tuned something and the hired driver basically drove off roads and such. Then I detuned it and he was drive a little bit more aggressive and got the job done.

JonathanT32
10-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah I'm having the same problem. And my 350z isn't really all that much tuned up. Just some parts here and there, and the Hired driver still drives like a little puss.

SatNiteEduardo
10-17-2011, 03:45 AM
I won't be having this problem as I will not be hiring a driver.

FSparacino4
10-17-2011, 03:48 AM
If you don't like the way the hired driver operates, get the job done yourself :) they aren't going to give you the max amount of free credits simply by watching the race.

Matt36
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I've been hiring every so often, on races/tracks I can't be arsed with. Upped the difficulty to expert for max Cr (YES, I know, it half's the winnings..) and just let him get on with it. Wins every time. Don't really care how he does it.

IRELAND NO 1
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Can anybody confirm about hiring a driver, does it count towards race on every track & win every race? I have not hired a driver yet because if i hire him for x amount of races, then he wins them all what if the 2 achievements do not pop how the hell are you to know which ones to redo?

I know you could write down every race, i would just like to know if anybody can confirm if they have completed all the seasons while hiring a driver?
I have checked on all other posts that i can find no definite answers.

Matt36
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Can anybody confirm about hiring a driver, does it count towards race on every track & win every race? I have not hired a driver yet because if i hire him for x amount of races, then he wins them all what if the 2 achievements do not pop how the hell are you to know which ones to redo?

I know you could write down every race, i would just like to know if anybody can confirm if they have completed all the seasons while hiring a driver?
I have checked on all other posts that i can find no definite answers.

I've hired the driver for about 60% of my races. I'm now half way through season 9 and will probs continue to do so till the end. I just cba with stupidly long races.

So will post when I have an answer - Did I get the achievement or not?

IRELAND NO 1
10-18-2011, 11:27 PM
I've hired the driver for about 60% of my races. I'm now half way through season 9 and will probs continue to do so till the end. I just cba with stupidly long races.

So will post when I have an answer - Did I get the achievement or not?

Thanks man really appreciate that, i will just race until you post up your definite answer you will be helping a lot of us out with this!

Matt36
10-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks man really appreciate that, i will just race until you post up your definite answer you will be helping a lot of us out with this!

No worries. On race 18/24 on season 9 now. Might have to sleep soon though. Will update in the morning.

TwistedFate
10-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Oi!! Go to Event List. Race one event with a hired driver. Did it check it off the list? If yes, it counts, if no start driving. Simple.

It counted in FM3, I'm sure it counts in FM4.

Matt36
10-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Oi!! Stop talking to people like that and people might listen.

DunkelheitVZ
10-19-2011, 09:09 AM
IIRC your hired driver improves driving with your driving level, doesn't he? So if you are lvl 50 the hired driver is much better than you being lvl 10?

Matt36
10-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't get what you mean bud?

TwistedFate
10-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't get what you mean bud?

He's saying if you are Driver Level 1, your hired driver will drive like a rookie. If you are Driver Level 50, your hired driver will drive much better.

However, this isn't true, AFAIK. I've never seen him get any better. It may be a rumor held out from FM1 where you could train your driver to be better.

Matt36
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Gotcha'.

I agree with, Twistedfate though. I haven't seen an improvement, at all. I've been simulating a lot and he still drives wrecklessly.