PDA

View Full Version : Epic snubs Xbox gamers...twice.

Bluntman428
07-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but news came out earlier from an interview with Epic on IGN that the new content in the PC version of Gears of War will not be coming to the Xbox 360.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/808/808448p1.html

July 26, 2007 - Gears of War (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html) is on its way to PC with some new missions and a map editor. The question on the minds of every Xbox 360 owner is whether or not these additions will make their way to Microsoft's console. In an interview with IGN PC (http://pc.ign.com/articles/808/808367p1.html), Epic's Lead Designer Cliff Bleszinski and Gears PC Producer Rod Fergusson dashed the dreams of millions of fans.

"There is no plan to provide the PC exclusive content to Xbox 360 gamers for a number of technical reasons," Fergusson told IGN. "One is simply the size and scope of the new content which would be difficult to deliver as an update. But more importantly, Gears of War for Windows was not created with the same version of Unreal Engine 3 as Gears of War for 360. We wanted to take advantage of all the latest and greatest optimizations and features that are constantly being added to UE3 and as such, this new content is not easily compatible with the Xbox 360 version."

Thanks Cliffy. No one outside a small group of PC gamers knew who the f**k you were before Gears of War launched on the 360. Way to screw your fans over, jackass.

Oh, and the new Unreal Tournament that was supposed to launch simultaneously for the 360, PS3, and PC? PS3 exclusive until next year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/unreal-tournament-iii-timed-exclusive-for-ps3-can-share-mods-wi/

Unreal Tournament 3 (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/unrealtournament3) will be a timed exclusive for the PlayStation 3, coming out this year only for the Sony console -- guess they didn't have to buy it (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/03/sonys-jack-tretton-we-dont-buy-exclusivity/). Also confirmed (and very exciting) is the ability to share mods between the PS3 and PC versions. When the PC version comes out next year, at least.

teh x3nomorph
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I heard about this content not being available for the 360.

And because of that, I wont be being it for Games for Windows Live. Screw that. If the content is so vast, release an update disc that I pay 15 bucks for at gamestop. There are other ways for us to get the content, they are just milking the series.

As for Unreal, I can wait.

Zef
07-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I think it is because he is actually a closet-Korean, evidence:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/10/cliffy_eats_puppy.jpg
Cliffy B tucking into his lunch.

Back on topic...Epic don't seem to care much about we humble 360 gamers at all, next they will announce that Gears of War 2 will be PC exclusive although there will be a 360 demo on the marketplace just to poke people in the eye and laugh at them.

They also urinated on the bank accounts of many 360 gamers by giving us the extra 250 gamerpoints for free, but making it necessary to buy the maps to get most of them. That is pretty much a scam, even EA didn't put it into action (that often).

Bluntman428
07-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Back on topic...Epic don't seem to care much about we humble 360 gamers at all, next they will announce that Gears of War 2 will be PC exclusive although there will be a 360 demo on the marketplace just to poke people in the eye and laugh at them.

If they did that, I think it's safe to say their headquarters would be stormed by millions of angry nerds with chainsaw-equipped assault rifles.

I played Gears religiously...I was number 20 on the all-time execution boards for quite some time, and I hit number one on the weekly boards twice. I loved that game, and I spent a whole lot of time playing it. I was even on a sponsored professional team for a bit before I decided they were arrogant twats and went my seperate way.

This news of Epic turning it's back on their fans just enrages me to the very essence of my being. :mad:

Wriggy
07-27-2007, 04:35 PM
But he said different in another interview...

"It's very unlikely because the two code bases aren't compatible", Rein explained to CVG when we caught up with him earlier this week.

"To do that, we would have to patch the 360 version and the size of the patch would probably dwarf all five updates we've done so far. It's just too much work. I can't see it happening."

"It's not impossible," he added, "it's just unlikely."

Link (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=169033)

zOwnerofallz
07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow buddy calm down, who really cares whats on the PC version...

graf1k
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, you can't really blame them for the PS3 timed exclusive. First of all, look at the Fall line up on the 360. The game would have gotten a fraction of the sales if it launched in November than if it launches in, I don't know, February 2008. It's the same reason Ubisoft is not stupid for holding back on the 360 version of Haze as well. Secondly, if Sony offers Epic a deal for timed exclusivity or whatever they did, do you really expect them to turn it down? It's extra money for them and they still get to release the game on both platforms so it's a win-win for Epic.

Where I do agree with you is on the extra PC content. Epic always throws this shit out there how they always support their games way after most developers stop and it's always free, ect, ect, ect. Yeah, well if that's the case, why not release this content on the 360 as a download? Oh yeah, that bullshit about different versions of the UE3. Well, again, if you guys are going to take the time to 'update' Gears for the PC players with new content and with an new and improved build of the UE3, why not stand by your claim that you support your game, and take the time to make it work on the 360? And while we're at it, you can make it free because Epic seems to be against the idea of pay DLC.

The fact that they aren't going to do any of that is not as telling as the reason why. They know a good number of people that are going to buy Gears of War on PC are the same people that have it on 360. Normally these people wouldn't even bother, but you throw in some exclusive content and all of a sudden you're going to make at least a few people buy the game twice.

L3giOn
07-27-2007, 04:44 PM

Are you kidding?? And it's not so much caring what's on the pc, it's caring what's NOT on the 360. It really is another kick in the balls where Gears is concerned. Epic always seems to find another way to screw their fans. :mad:

deathbypig37x
Thanks Cliffy. No one outside a small group of PC gamers knew who the f**k you were before Gears of War launched on the 360. Way to screw your fans over, jackass.

As much as I agree with the PC exclusive content being a rip, I'd have to say I disagree with the statement you said above. Cliffy B was a household name among hardcore gamers, not only because he made unreal tournament, but because of sepfically making the unreal engine. If you were a hardcore gamer, not just for PC, then you would have known him and loved him, because many of even the xbox's greatest games were meade using the unreal engine.
Being a 360 owner I feel very betrayed by the exclusivity to the PC with the extra content. Although, I can't help but think that, even though I disagree, it probably makes sense. Cliffy B jump-started his career on the PC, and I guess he felt obligated to please them. And seriously, if you were in his position, you would probably do the same thing. I mean, who doesn't want piles of $MONEY$? :p

I'm still mad about the whole ordeal, don't get me wrong.:mad:

Bluntman428

Uhh...I'm plenty calm, "buddy". It's just a game, I won't lose sleep over it.

And I think there's a lot of people who care what's on the PC version, since Gears was touted as the 360's biggest game for ages, and was supposed to be an exclusive for the beginning. There's also a lot of people who don't want to upgrade their PC and purchase Microsoft's shoddy new operating system to play the new content that should have been in the original to begin with. People have been asking about the Brumak fight since Gears came out. Epic basically skipped that whole sequence, and cut right to Act 4.

I wouldn't say CliffyB was a household name before Gears either, Pig. Hardcore PC gamers knew who he was, but only hardcore PC gamers. He never really came out with any huge hits, aside from Unreal Tournament. But his engine was used more successfully in countless other games. I've been a hardcore gamer for 15 years, and I didn't really know who he was before Gears. I'd heard his name, yes, but I didn't really care about him at all. I still don't really. He's a pompous, arrogant douche who happens to be a brilliant programmer.

Rocket
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Why can't they at least give us the maps that the PC gamers are going to get? I mean they want this whole 360-PC Live gaming to happen, well we won't be able to play them on their new maps then...which to me, is the least that they can do with fucking us over by giving them a whole new act as well as a map editor...

deathbypig37x
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Why can't they at least give us the maps that the PC gamers are going to get? I mean they want this whole 360-PC Live gaming to happen, well we won't be able to play them on their new maps then...which to me, is the least that they can do with fucking us over by giving them a whole new act as well as a map editor...

I don't think they will be able to do cross-platform gaming on this one. I'm pretty sure Epic will come up with several excuses to making it happen, because it's too much work for them... :rolleyes:

L3giOn
07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I played Gears religiously...

Back in the day, Graf1k, Crash, Spartan and I played every day for hours. We played through the cheating, glitching, no host name update, patches that didn't work, lack of a matchmaking system, etc.... We were loyal to the game because we loved it, even though there were so many things that would constantly piss us off. Now, there's new maps/gametype and patches that finally stopped the cheaters for the most part. And even that took forever for them to do, and most of us had already moved on from Gears. Even so, they finally made the game work. But could Epic let us be happy with that? Nope, they had to find one more way to fuck us sideways. I really, really hope they treat their fans better with Gears 2.

Bluntman428
07-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Back in the day, Graf1k, Crash, Spartan and I played every day for hours. We played through the cheating, glitching, no host name update, patches that didn't work, lack of a matchmaking system, etc.... We were loyal to the game because we loved it, even though there were so many things that would constantly piss us off. Now, there's new maps/gametype and patches that finally stopped the cheaters for the most part. And even that took forever for them to do, and most of us had already moved on from Gears. Even so, they finally made the game work. But could Epic let us be happy with that? Nope, they had to find one more way to fuck us sideways. I really, really hope they treat their fans better with Gears 2.

Yeah, I was in the same boat. The patches each made the game worse imo. The shotgun "fix" in particular made me start to lose interest. When me and my friends were playing and someone would headshot us from 50 feet away with the shotty, I just threw down the controller in frustration. I quit playing for like a month after the crap they did to the shotgun. Lost my rank and whatnot, but frankly I didn't really care.

I still think it's absurd how tight the shotgun's blast radius is at a distance. It's not as bad as it was before the patch that fixed the fix, but it's still lame. The only gun people use anymore is the frickin shotgun. There's ways around it though...me and my friend got real good at double-teaming shotty nubs with the lancer. People get so pissed when you kill them with the lancer...like you're not supposed to use it for what it's meant for.

graf1k
07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
As much as I agree with the PC exclusive content being a rip, I'd have to say I disagree with the statement you said above. Cliffy B was a household name among hardcore gamers, not only because he made unreal tournament, but because of sepfically making the unreal engine. If you were a hardcore gamer, not just for PC, then you would have known him and loved him, because many of even the xbox's greatest games were meade using the unreal engine.

Okay, first of all, the number of people that knew Cliffy from UT is a tiny fraction of the number of people that know of him because of Gears of War because Unreal Tournament never had the amount of media craze around it Gears did. Secondly, Tim Sweeney, not Cliffy is in charge of the Unreal Engines and has been for God only knows how long. HE is the programmer of the Unreal Engines, not Cliffy. I don't think Cliffy even knows how to program a game engine. As we speak, Sweeney is the only person working on UE4.

Thanks for playing....

bplayak
07-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah this whole situation is really frustrating. It would be different if the PC had a few exclusive multiplayer maps, but a NEW 5 chapters ONLY for the PC pisses me off! It would be like Nintendo up and deciding one day, "oh let's release a mario adventure just for the PC that you can't play on any other system". It's ridiculous and honestly I really think it's pressure from Microsoft to try and get more people on Windows Live. Unfortunately they are just trying to figure out a way to make more money, it's better to charge 50 dollars for a new copy of gears than to release DLC for the 360 for 20 dollars. :mad:

CC99999
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow! You guys need to calm down. At least they gave you an enjoyable interactive experience- unlike most of the games that get put out.

That new monster didn't make it onto the 360 - but was part of the early build.

I don't see what the big deal is, the PC gets some new stuff- that makes sense because they had more time to make it. So the 360 doesn't get it because of technical limitations? Well, don't you think that there's some truth to that?

If they released an updated Gears of War with new maps for $59.99 you'd be pissed too. So they can't win with this crowd.

Tremlos
07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I can understand why they are doing it, it is to make money off of people who want the extra content so even if they have it on 360 they will get it for PC.

L3giOn
07-27-2007, 08:15 PM
I can understand why they are doing it, it is to make money off of people who want the extra content so even if they have it on 360 they will get it for PC.

I call bullshit. I for one am NOT going to buy it for PC, and I doubt many other people will either. If they can't give it to me for the 360, fuck 'em then. They're going to miss out on a lot of sales. Not that many people even have, or want Vista.

biosc1
07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, production on UT3 started later for the 360 than for the PS3. It's not an exclusive to the PS3, more of a delay of the 360 version (plus, the PC version comes out at the same time as the PS3 version).

As for not continuing to update Gears, well, they have to draw the line somewhere. Being a programmer myself (not games), we constantly run into man power issues. Decisions need to be made and that's usually based on where the best money is going to come from.

It's not that the 360 can't get the PC additions, it's more that it probably doesn't make economic sense. They are better served working on UT3 for the 360 which is a fresh game that they can sell at full price and will sell just as easily as Gears did.

ps...Epic has gone on record as saying that Gears will be playable on both XP and Vista.

F089H
07-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I just stopped Caring pretty Much after I got Seriously.Made Top Ten Weekly about 5 times.I got up to Rank 980 in Execution and Now I'm 5690. I just "Seriously" don't care anymore.Multiple Patches not doing any thing but making things worse,DLC that was supposed to be free isn't Free-It's $10, like the rest of the Bullshit on the XBLM,No Matchmaking system-Wasn't long before some started Exploting that.When I was playing Ranked,I was playing With people who didn't even have the Reload Achievements.Somehow People with Garbage connections could host and it would take 3 minutes to get up to the Dock Platform on Gridlock.In Between Connection Errors.Oh Yeah,I Can Quit You Dom.

Adam Miller
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Dam, im pissed at both i can understand the Gears if what hes saying isn't B.S but why can't we have Unreal at the same time, its just gay.

Anti HERO 574
07-27-2007, 08:51 PM
wow...unreal tournament 3 coming out on ps3 first..thats gay..well ill just have to wait long =(

Sanction
07-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I call bullshit. I for one am NOT going to buy it for PC, and I doubt many other people will either. If they can't give it to me for the 360, fuck 'em then. They're going to miss out on a lot of sales. Not that many people even have, or want Vista.

You won't need Vista to play Gears, but I won't be buying it when I could play it on the 360 with better graphics and easier controls.

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9742181-7.html

zOwnerofallz
07-27-2007, 11:26 PM
There's also a lot of people who don't want to upgrade their PC and purchase Microsoft's shoddy new operating system to play the new content

No ones got a gun to your head...

And Epic doesn't care about fans, no one does, they just want more money. Can you blame them?

Bluntman428
07-27-2007, 11:41 PM
No ones got a gun to your head...

And Epic doesn't care about fans, no one does, they just want more money. Can you blame them?

First off, you're not contributing to this thread at all. Of course no one has a gun to my head. But as an avid Xbox supporter and huge fan of Gears of War, I'm not happy that we're getting screwed on this one. I'm voicing my disappointment with the news that I'll need a brand new PC to play additional content for a title that was originally supposed to be an Xbox exclusive. So unless you want to contribute constructively, stop quoting me with your smartass comments, you look like a tool.

And Epic makes a huge stink about how they care so much about their fans, and how they distribute free new content regularly and support their games long after release. So yes, we can blame them if that claim doesn't hold to be true.

Tremlos
07-27-2007, 11:41 PM

I'm not saying i'm going to buy it...I just understand the "corporate" reasoning.

|oneyedNewb|
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
I spent hours and hours on end trying to get my 10,000 kills and i am still playing it, even though epic has screwed me over, with various updates.

will have to buy this for the pc i guess, shame i sold my ps3 on fleabay.

Brigade
07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Instead of getting pissed .. let's look at it from a different perspective:

MS is doing pretty well with the 360 - just look at the numbers from E3 Press Briefing and the fall lineup.

MS is trying to push "Games for Windows" .. a relatively new franchise.

MS has GTA and Halo 3 releasing this fall .. both big hitters.

MS + Epic score a deal to release an 'enhanced version' for PC .. to push G4W .. but not for 360 ..

If they did offer an expansion for GoW360, it would 'compete' with Halo 3 .. same story with UT3. So instead, why don't they announce that it's PC only content, then push an expansion early next year? Think about it .. what's coming out next spring (aside from UT3) to generate buzz and post-holiday sales?

Not to mention that they can stomach a few 'haters' in the meanwhile, then after Gears cools off (due to Halo) they can re-invest interest in the game, and at the same time generate massive good will ("The fans spoke and we listened .. we understand that 360 gave us the bump, so we're paying back our dues" .. etc. etc.)

Plus, if the new GoW is based on the new engine build, and they're USING the new engine to pump out UT3 for the 360 (due next spring) .. the math is pretty simple at this point.

Yes it's about making money .. and I could be wrong .. but think "Big Picture" here. I'm guessing Spring/Summer '08 for a GoW 360 expansion .. it's perfect timing (and maximizes returns on the investment)

BlaZiN cdn
07-28-2007, 02:11 AM
Thats good that the PC version will have more content than the 360 version. Does anyone know if it will have dirfferent achievements than the 360 version?

L3giOn
07-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm not saying i'm going to buy it...I just understand the "corporate" reasoning.

If their corporate reasoning involves losing numerous customers, then they might need a new plan. Think about it. Everyone knows that the most important part of your business is your customers. Without customers, you can't make money. By screwing us over all the time, Epic may be losing a lot of potential GOW 2 consumers. I already don't buy EA products, and Epic is pushing me to the edge.

Vista
07-28-2007, 02:24 AM
Why not make GEARS Cross Platform like Shadowrun. I know they already have 1250 GS but add an extra 250 GS for cross platform and other achievements...

-I rule you drool!-100 Cross Platform Kills-50 GS
-Oh Snap!-4 Cross Platform headshots in one match-75 GS
-RAAM the RN-Heal 10 people in one 5 or less round game w/ RAAM-15 GS
-Marcus the RN-Heal 10 people in one 5 or less round game w/ Marcus-15 GS
-Well Talented-Kill all four enemies in one match with 4 different weapons-45 GS
-Strong Allies-Win 100 rounds with a cross platform gamer on your team-50 GS

Yea I know the achievements are stupid but w/e...

Just a thought

Brigade
07-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Why not make GEARS Cross Platform like Shadowrun. I know they already have 1250 GS but add an extra 250 GS for cross platform and other achievements...

Unless the "rules" are different for expansion content (physical disk, not d/l) then there won't be any additional achievements.

But this is another reason why the prospect of a spring GoW expansion is probably likely .. just like Shadowrun, another franchise for "Cross-Platform" gaming (you know Halo 3 will incorporate it when it releases for PC late next year)

TheLazyWolf
07-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Whoa you guys missed some serious fanboy memos on cliffy. He stated a while ago that he was moving away from xbox due to the fact that they wouldnt let epic release those map packs for free. Its microsoft that gets all the money from them, not epic. The head of epic, mark something or other denounced it a little later in their forums but cliffy didnt.

SteveBIRK
07-28-2007, 01:59 PM
i think that they should release a expansion pack or a market place download cuz i dont no if my pc can handle Gears for pc.

zOwnerofallz
07-29-2007, 03:31 AM
First off, you're not contributing to this thread at all. Of course no one has a gun to my head. But as an avid Xbox supporter and huge fan of Gears of War, I'm not happy that we're getting screwed on this one. I'm voicing my disappointment with the news that I'll need a brand new PC to play additional content for a title that was originally supposed to be an Xbox exclusive. So unless you want to contribute constructively, stop quoting me with your smartass comments, you look like a tool.

And Epic makes a huge stink about how they care so much about their fans, and how they distribute free new content regularly and support their games long after release. So yes, we can blame them if that claim doesn't hold to be true.

I'm just pointing out that no one is forcing you to do anything, and it was obvious at the start that Gears would go to PC someday. Unless there is an actual legal document somewhere that said Gears will be only on the 360, Epic isn't obligated to do anything. They're in the business of making money, and if this will make them more money can you say you wouldn't do the same as the owner of Epic?

And as a side note I'm sure the fact that epic may lose fans like you keeps Cliffy B up at night...

Bluntman428
07-29-2007, 04:17 AM
I'm just pointing out that no one is forcing you to do anything, and it was obvious at the start that Gears would go to PC someday. Unless there is an actual legal document somewhere that said Gears will be only on the 360, Epic isn't obligated to do anything. They're in the business of making money, and if this will make them more money can you say you wouldn't do the same as the owner of Epic?

And as a side note I'm sure the fact that epic may lose fans like you keeps Cliffy B up at night...

Your argument is irrelevant. Whether they make more money or not, that's still not a good thing for the fans. Saying "Oh, you'd do the same thing" is a flat out stupid argument. Not every game developer is in it just for the money. Most of the good ones are more interested in crafting a quality product than making more money. That's what Epic claims they're about. And when a company becomes too obsessed with the money, the quality of their product starts to wane. Just look at EA.

Either way, you can stop with the personal attacks. I'm not sure where the grudge came from, or why you're following me to other threads and posting the same worthless shit, but honestly I could give a shit less about you and your opinion. And if Epic loses too many "fans like me", I'm sure Cliffy would lose some sleep, because "fans like me" are the ones that purchase his games, pay his salary, and spread the word to other gamers about his products.

Clipse 2
07-29-2007, 04:48 AM
I just saw this thread and feel like I need to voice myself. Granted this is a legit interview and all that jazz I have to ask why should we believe it? Doesn't anyone else remember all the hype and rumors about Gears of War going to the PC only to be shot down by Cliffy B and MS Studios? Whose to say they're just saying this and have full plans to put out the new content? I don't see Epic going along with all of this, there's just a larger market in consoles (or so I thought). It will be interesting how it plays out to say the least; Cliffy B isn't the head of Epic and can be replaced I'm sure.

Death Elf
07-29-2007, 05:24 AM
What are we arguing about here? No new missions and no map editor for us? Like the 360 could so easily pull of a map editor. New missions, sure, but why not save those until the next Gears of War game? I'm sure just about everyone in the community can name a dozen or so games that could use a map editor, but none of them do, so what exactely are we complaining about?

zOwnerofallz
07-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Your argument is irrelevant. Whether they make more money or not, that's still not a good thing for the fans. Saying "Oh, you'd do the same thing" is a flat out stupid argument. Not every game developer is in it just for the money. Most of the good ones are more interested in crafting a quality product than making more money. That's what Epic claims they're about. And when a company becomes too obsessed with the money, the quality of their product starts to wane. Just look at EA.

Either way, you can stop with the personal attacks. I'm not sure where the grudge came from, or why you're following me to other threads and posting the same worthless shit, but honestly I could give a shit less about you and your opinion. And if Epic loses too many "fans like me", I'm sure Cliffy would lose some sleep, because "fans like me" are the ones that purchase his games, pay his salary, and spread the word to other gamers about his products.

My only grudge is like to make fun of dumb ass punks like you... And its the stockholders that pay his salary, not you buying a $60 game every once in a while. Trust me buddy, Epic doesn't give a shit if they lose a couple fans like you...

Bluntman428
07-29-2007, 05:50 AM
My only grudge is like to make fun of dumb ass punks like you... And its the stockholders that pay his salary, not you buying a $60 game every once in a while. Trust me buddy, Epic doesn't give a shit if they lose a couple fans like you...

Yup, cause starting shit over the internet really makes you a badass. :rolleyes:

Get a life, tool.

zOwnerofallz
07-29-2007, 06:18 AM
Yup, cause starting shit over the internet really makes you a badass. :rolleyes:

Get a life, tool.

Yeah I don't have a life... just a Porsche, a speedboat and 2 houses. And you started it by opening your dumbass mouth

Bluntman428
07-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah? Well I have a ferrari, a yacht, and three mansions in the same neigborhood...just because I can. I said it on the internet so it must be true.

Frankly, I don't care what you own. You're still wrong.

Vista
07-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah I don't have a life... just a Porsche, a speedboat and 2 houses.

Or are you an 8 year old who mommy and daddy buy everything for, or a complete liar (agreed w/ Bluntman) who shows off his fake stuff to look cool.

I would think someone who has almost an 1000 in double agent and rainbow (no offense to anyone else) definatly has a life. It takes like 5 days of straight playing just to get to Lt. in that game legit

Sil3nt360
07-29-2007, 07:18 PM
I have heard that Epic wanted to give the stuff away for free and Microsoft said NO WAY! They wanted the last map pack to be free and Microsoft put a price tag on it. That is why the new content will not be on the 360. Epic thinks that Xbox Live should be free also.

Bluntman428
07-29-2007, 07:26 PM
I have heard that Epic wanted to give the stuff away for free and Microsoft said NO WAY! They wanted the last map pack to be free and Microsoft put a price tag on it. That is why the new content will not be on the 360. Epic thinks that Xbox Live should be free also.

Yep, what you heard is true. That's exactly what went down.

While I agree with Epic on that bit, I don't see why they should use that as an excuse to snub their fans on the Xbox. We didn't make the call on that, as a matter of fact I don't think anyone here would say that we shouldn't have gotten the map packs for free. I think Microsoft's starting to cross the line with the marketplace, charging absurd amounts of money for relatively small batches of content. Charging for Xbox Live is understandable, because if I have to pay to get a quality internet experience on my console, I'll do it. But give us a break with the fees for every little bit of content that comes out, you're already getting $8 a month from us.

I think we'll find out that the PC version of Gears doesn't do well at all. It's not really a PC game, and most third person shooters aren't particularly well received on the PC.

zOwnerofallz
07-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Or are you an 8 year old who mommy and daddy buy everything for, or a complete liar (agreed w/ Bluntman) who shows off his fake stuff to look cool.

I would think someone who has almost an 1000 in double agent and rainbow (no offense to anyone else) definatly has a life. It takes like 5 days of straight playing just to get to Lt. in that game legit

Believe what you want buddy, but I've worked hard for everything I have, and I really don't care what you think is a lie or not.