PDA

View Full Version : Event List by Track

erod550
10-17-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't know about you guys, but it has been frustrating for me to go through several seasons of World Tour and find out that many of the events I have been doing are not even counting toward completing the Event List. So I decided to make a document that allows you to see which Events are run at the track you are going to next in World Tour. Then you select a vehicle that is eligible for that Event and hopefully get it as one of your options. This should save time in the long run as you will be knocking out more Event List races while completing the World Tour.

The document is sorted first by Track Name, then by Set (the groups of Events), then by Event. I tried using Filters but apparently it sees this as editing the document so won't let anyone but me use the Filters, so just scroll to the track name and you'll see the Events and what Set they're in.

If you find any errors, let me know and I'll fix them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOquu4JdZ_LdHBJaE1iOXZlWFNVNTRaSnliSHphS Xc&hl=en_US

MxPx
10-17-2011, 10:40 PM
What do you mean? They all count. It's just some events require up to 12 (or more) races before being completed.

TwistedFate
10-17-2011, 10:48 PM
What do you mean? They all count. It's just some events require up to 12 (or more) races before being completed.

No, they don't all count. This has been verified. Because of the way World Tour selects/creates events based on your car, it's possible to race without it counting towards one of the events on the Event List.

erod550
10-17-2011, 10:52 PM
No, they don't all count. This has been verified. Because of the way World Tour selects/creates events based on your car, it's possible to race without it being one of the events on the Event List.

Correct. When it picks Events for you to choose from, all it checks is the car you're in. It doesn't look to see if the track you're running is part of that Event.

Example: Right now I'm about to do Le Mans Full Circuit. One of my Event options is Hybrid Hustle. Looking at the Event List I see that Hybrid Hustle does not run at Le Mans. So running that race right now will move me forward in World Tour, but won't get me any progress in the Event List. I'm in the 8th season right now and I'm only 4% complete with my Career because of this.

Giddimani
10-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah thats true, nearly 30% of my races in world tour do not appear on my event list, which is to be honest a little annoying.

Right now I tried to get a race at Le Mans which is also in the event list and I have to try 5 different cars to get one (only S class up take place at Le Mans in event list)

@erod550

Really nice work you have done with the list, for me its a little late but I think if you stick to the list you can save up to about 50 races with it.

JKSullivan
10-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Ugh . . . I didn't realize that, I wonder how many I've wasted? I have a feeling I'm going to need those extra races to get my affinity over 50 anyway, though . . .

SatNiteEduardo
10-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Given that affinity is longer than bucket list this issue is really only adding a very small % to play time and even then only for cars not from your affinity brand and I assume you are not doing them in world tour unless you have to anyway.

SuperSkyline89
10-18-2011, 12:32 AM
This is interesting, personally I don't really mind because I think I'll be playing for a few years anyway but I can definitely understand that many people will find this really annoying.

I linked this to my FAQ Thread.

erod550
10-18-2011, 12:54 AM
True you will probably have to play past the Event List to get level 50 Affinity, but you can be playing online to earn Affinity also, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would rather play online with friends than do more grinding against the computer. So anything that gets the Event List over with faster is a good thing to me.

Utako
10-18-2011, 02:21 AM
thank You:Bounce:

erod550
10-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Got the last few cars I needed to be able to run all events so document is now 100% complete.

rekikire
10-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks Erod, I'll be using your list to ensure that what I'm doing is efficient.

Matt36
10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Don't see why this shouldn't be stickied? Not everyone knows to look in the FAQ, and tbh I prefer to search the thread names, rather than take a gamble and rake through pages of a single thread.

This, the Ferrari collection thread, achievement guide and maybe even a couple others could do with a sticky tbh.

Jay ITFC
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Voted 5 star. Should be sticky.

eiVaL
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
just simply make a private online race an make them 1 lap on what ever tracks you need, simple as that.

not the end of the world

flOOfgOOfer360
10-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Yet Another thread I should have read days ago, thanks for this erod.

erod550
10-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Glad this is helping people. Took me a full day to put together with writing down all the events and then going through the entire Event List to get each track, but it was worth it if it saves other people time. It made sure for me too that for the last 2.5 seasons only 2 or 3 events that I did in World Tour didn't count toward finishing the Event List. Finished that now so it's on to grinding out the Event List.

erod550
10-23-2011, 06:30 AM
After completing the 10th season, I'm thinking it might actually be a good idea to continue doing World Tour instead of trudging through the Event List one by one. You get a few benefits from doing it this way, especially since with my list of Events you know you'll be making progress on the Event List still.

Benefits of continuing to use World Tour:
1. 25% increase in difficulty bonus money from World Tour
2. Early in the World Tour the number of laps are less so you can complete Events in fewer laps than you'd have to going through the Event List
3. Later events will make you more money because you have to do more laps than you'd normally do going through the Event List

2 and 3 kind of balance each other out in the long run, but using World Tour keeps things varied so you don't feel as much like you're just grinding out the giant Event List. Just my thoughts.

yl_ksa
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
This is one of the stupidest moves ever. Anyways that list is epicly great, thanks for all the effort u put into it.

There are some races in world tour that wont give you a valid event whatever car you choose, for those ones I just hire a driver.

erod550
10-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Yea there are ones where it forces you to do a Multi-class Event or a World Championship race when you're at a track that neither races at. For those, yea, you can hire a driver, or just not even worry about winning unless you care about a couple thousand more credits/xp, but the time spent restarting would eat into that pretty fast.

Bencho
10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
have no idea of this... thanks for the info

erod550
10-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Updated a few of the tracks that were incorrect.

erod550
11-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Once I got to season 9 of World Tour the second time through, it was starting to no longer be worth doing World Tour. I had already done most of the events on the tracks it was giving me, plus in the 9th and 10th seasons, you end up doing several extra laps compared to the Event List.

Plus I hadn't realized that even though you get a 25% credits bonus for doing World Tour, you can get that same bonus in the Event List for upping the Opponent Difficulty. And for any races you have trouble with, you can just drop it down a notch or two to make it easier instead of it always being on a certain difficulty level like World Tour.

Was still worth doing the first 7-8 seasons again though as I got a bunch of the R1-R3 World Championship races done only having to do half the laps (or even less sometimes). 2 laps is much better than 7-8, especially when you have to do two heats.

erod550
11-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Fixed a couple more errors I found.

goubda
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
OMG. Im on season 10 and ive only just realised this! Nuts

erod550
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Just finished Bucket List yesterday so I won't be discovering anymore errors on my own. If you see any, post up here and I'll fix them.

PervasiveFall8
11-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Congrats on the bucket list. I got 24 more races and then all I'll have is bucket list and world tourer. I found this a bit late. It is an awesome sheet.

So after season 10, it starts repeating? I figured I would just work my way through the event list after season 10 and then private race what ever isn't on the event list for world tourer. If I feel like it is grinding. I can just do some online/ or rival modes. Ill be playing long after 1000a. So kind of bites that my season play didnt go to event list, but it has been moving affinity up. And I wouldn have been racing it any way. I kind of miss the continuity that F3 had where you do a championship on each season.

So do you think go through event list or do season play after 10? I figured if I was going for the achievement I should just go through the event list after these 24 races to complete season 10

FtMyersGamer
07-13-2012, 07:50 PM
This is the greatest post ever. you rock!!!