PDA

View Full Version : Hand Cannon in Pro

Ctrl Alt Defeat
10-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Can I get 5-stars on all Mercenaries maps and the Hand Cannon be unlocked in my Professional playthrough?

Teh Paralyzer
10-18-2011, 07:04 AM
No. Even if you could hand cannon isnt handy until you upgrade it all the way as you hardly find Hand cannon ammo (not magnum it has its own special type)

Ctrl Alt Defeat
10-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Damn, looks like I will have to play Professional legitly. Ashley in the suit of armor of course. =]

Gor1lla
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
You can still glitch big parts of the game, if you feel better...

boomdizzle 2
10-19-2011, 02:53 AM
like what?

i fist brown i
10-19-2011, 04:32 AM

Yeah, whatdya mean? I wanna finish this so I can play code Veronica x so if there is a way to get pro achievemenf any easier, I'm all for it.

Ctrl Alt Defeat
10-19-2011, 07:37 AM
You got yourself into it Gor1lla, now explain!!!

jokuzo
10-19-2011, 09:41 AM
yeah, interesting ^^

Gor1lla
10-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I can't tell you, because glitching is evil :O But as i don't care, here are the few glitches and "exploits" i remember at the moment (currenty at work). Don't know if my exploits are real exploits, but they can make a few hard fights a lot easier:

Village fight (somewhat of an exploit): You can use kniferunners method using 2 grenades to kill all the enemies quickly (most used speedrun method) or just go into the house on the right side after the fire and close the door. Turn around, shootthe door once, so you can see the ganados. Now just knife themuntil the battle is over. I don't know if you can kill Dr. Salvador this way, never tried.

Cabin glitch: In the beginning, run to the stairs and shoot one of the windows, so the ganados can come in (i usually take the one next to the door), so Luis can take care of them. Go up the stairs to ~5/6 of it, if you dont have many grenades, get them on the top floor. By standing in the right place/height enemies won't use the ladders and Luis doesn't run up the stairs. If you don't manage to get it work, stay near the point where you think it is try to stun Luis when he is near the stair with a inc grenade. I pulled this off 1-2 times, while trying to kill several ganados at the bottom of the stairs with a grenade blablabla

Garrador "exploit": The first garrador can be kill in a few seconds with the rifle you can buy in the castle. Run past him to the lever, turn around and shoot the plagas. He will struggle and after it stand still for a second. Rinse and repeat - he should be down in 5-6 shots.

TMP glitch: In the castle you can use the TMP+shoulder thingy (don't know the word, its for increased stability) to open two doors. The first one is in front of the place where you can get the free broken butterfly. Instead of going to this are, use the door to the right of it. Stand as near as possible to the door and you should be able to shoot through it. By doing this you skip the maze (which is pretty easy btw, i was scared of doing it, but you can run past all the dogs, if you dont get los oO)
The second one is while getting the grail of the queen. In the room where you have to move the statues, use it to open the door. It will skip the trap room and the part with the drill.
I heard that this glitch only works for specific regions/consoles, so i am not sure, if it works here. Just make a new save and get the TMP.

Dragon breath ("exploit"): The part where you get the last emblem to open the door, that salazar closed are 3 stone dragons. 2 of them can be destroyed at the beginning, without them triggering. For the last one you can throw a flash grenade at it, which results in an instant kill. By doing so you don't have to kill any ganados on the way.

Striker glitch: Should be known, aim with the striker and change weapons, before you see the red dot - > faster movement.

Mine glitch: This is the part where you have to explode a rock to proceed (includes a Dr. Salvador). Activate the striker glitch, go up the stairs and jump down to the little platform where the stair starts. If you hit the edge of that platform and can run off it, without losing height, you did it correctly. Now run against the wall on your left to gain height, turn around, run past the boulder, turn around and run against it to get back on the ground. Bam - skipped without wasting bullets.

2 Gigantes glitch: Activate the striker glitch, use the ropeway, run back to it and use it again. If done correctly you should land outside of the map. Now you can run to the exit without fighting the Gigantes.

Island glitch: This one is probably the hardest, but it will result in skipping the first are of the island (includes a JJ, the beam puzzle and a boulder QTE). When the chapter starts activate the striker glitch and run left to the cliff with the 2 boxes.
Get on the highes platform and jump down on the left to activate the glitch (see mine glitch). Easiest way to do this is to mash X while slowly turning around. Run through the mountain in front of you and against the last visible "wall" in the mountain. By this you will gain height, if you are high enough turn around and run back. You will end up in the cave near the ladder that brings you to the next area.

If you are having problems with it, just ask. I can make a video of it with my phone cam (Desire HD), quality should be okay :D

That's all i remember at the moment, but there is more and i will add it, if i remember. You can skip nearly every annoying fight with the striker glitch, so make use of it, if you are annoyed (including every novistador scene).

Also enemies like the gigantes and saddler can be shot a few times before climbing them. The fastest way to beat saddler is probably this:
Shoot him with the striker in the eye on his leg. When he is down shoot once with the striker, switch to the RL and then climb him. After that run to the other platform and either use the crane or the barrel. Shoot him once and knife him to get the SRL from Ada.

Blablabla if you have problems with a specific part message me, i'll try to help :)

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I was able to use the hand cannon in pro...Did they change it so you can't in the xbla version?

boomdizzle 2
10-20-2011, 12:36 AM
I can't tell you, because glitching is evil :O But as i don't care, here are the few glitches and "exploits" i remember at the moment (currenty at work). Don't know if my exploits are real exploits, but they can make a few hard fights a lot easier:

Village fight (somewhat of an exploit): You can use kniferunners method using 2 grenades to kill all the enemies quickly (most used speedrun method) or just go into the house on the right side after the fire and close the door. Turn around, shootthe door once, so you can see the ganados. Now just knife themuntil the battle is over. I don't know if you can kill Dr. Salvador this way, never tried.

Cabin glitch: In the beginning, run to the stairs and shoot one of the windows, so the ganados can come in (i usually take the one next to the door), so Luis can take care of them. Go up the stairs to ~5/6 of it, if you dont have many grenades, get them on the top floor. By standing in the right place/height enemies won't use the ladders and Luis doesn't run up the stairs. If you don't manage to get it work, stay near the point where you think it is try to stun Luis when he is near the stair with a inc grenade. I pulled this off 1-2 times, while trying to kill several ganados at the bottom of the stairs with a grenade blablabla

Garrador "exploit": The first garrador can be kill in a few seconds with the rifle you can buy in the castle. Run past him to the lever, turn around and shoot the plagas. He will struggle and after it stand still for a second. Rinse and repeat - he should be down in 5-6 shots.

TMP glitch: In the castle you can use the TMP+shoulder thingy (don't know the word, its for increased stability) to open two doors. The first one is in front of the place where you can get the free broken butterfly. Instead of going to this are, use the door to the right of it. Stand as near as possible to the door and you should be able to shoot through it. By doing this you skip the maze (which is pretty easy btw, i was scared of doing it, but you can run past all the dogs, if you dont get los oO)
The second one is while getting the grail of the queen. In the room where you have to move the statues, use it to open the door. It will skip the trap room and the part with the drill.
I heard that this glitch only works for specific regions/consoles, so i am not sure, if it works here. Just make a new save and get the TMP.

Dragon breath ("exploit"): The part where you get the last emblem to open the door, that salazar closed are 3 stone dragons. 2 of them can be destroyed at the beginning, without them triggering. For the last one you can throw a flash grenade at it, which results in an instant kill. By doing so you don't have to kill any ganados on the way.

Striker glitch: Should be known, aim with the striker and change weapons, before you see the red dot - > faster movement.

Mine glitch: This is the part where you have to explode a rock to proceed (includes a Dr. Salvador). Activate the striker glitch, go up the stairs and jump down to the little platform where the stair starts. If you hit the edge of that platform and can run off it, without losing height, you did it correctly. Now run against the wall on your left to gain height, turn around, run past the boulder, turn around and run against it to get back on the ground. Bam - skipped without wasting bullets.

2 Gigantes glitch: Activate the striker glitch, use the ropeway, run back to it and use it again. If done correctly you should land outside of the map. Now you can run to the exit without fighting the Gigantes.

Island glitch: This one is probably the hardest, but it will result in skipping the first are of the island (includes a JJ, the beam puzzle and a boulder QTE). When the chapter starts activate the striker glitch and run left to the cliff with the 2 boxes.
Get on the highes platform and jump down on the left to activate the glitch (see mine glitch). Easiest way to do this is to mash X while slowly turning around. Run through the mountain in front of you and against the last visible "wall" in the mountain. By this you will gain height, if you are high enough turn around and run back. You will end up in the cave near the ladder that brings you to the next area.

If you are having problems with it, just ask. I can make a video of it with my phone cam (Desire HD), quality should be okay :D

That's all i remember at the moment, but there is more and i will add it, if i remember. You can skip nearly every annoying fight with the striker glitch, so make use of it, if you are annoyed (including every novistador scene).

Also enemies like the gigantes and saddler can be shot a few times before climbing them. The fastest way to beat saddler is probably this:
Shoot him with the striker in the eye on his leg. When he is down shoot once with the striker, switch to the RL and then climb him. After that run to the other platform and either use the crane or the barrel. Shoot him once and knife him to get the SRL from Ada.

Blablabla if you have problems with a specific part message me, i'll try to help :)
any tips for krauser on pro? I know the knife trick, but getting to the final fight is ridiculusly hard.

GaussianMist
10-20-2011, 02:04 AM
any tips for krauser on pro? I know the knife trick, but getting to the final fight is ridiculusly hard. As soon as the fight starts, I ran straight into that little room with the locked door. Trigger the door lock, and wait for Krauser to come. Once he is in the room with you, just keep going up, and down the ladder as Krauser does. You can pass that part without him even touching you. For the part where you grab the first piece of the mosaic, I just hid under the platform he was on top of, and when he came down, just countered his attacks, and dodged his bullets. After a little bit of damage to him, he throws a flash, and runs off.

Gor1lla
10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
The safest way i know to get to the last battle is:

In the beginning run into the hut and stand left to the closed door, so you can knife it. Wait for Krauser to destroy the door and knife him in the head (important). He will do a backflip and run towards you, just knife his head one more time and he will disappear.

Second encounter: Wait for him to jump on the upper level and shoot the grenade he throws (easier than it sounds). He will jump down in front of you (a bit to the left), knife his head and he will flee again. If you dont get it the first time, you will the second time, because he always jumps at the same spot.

The other parts where you have to run shouldnt be too hard, Striker glich helps alot. You can run past all the mines with the glitch, too.