PDA

View Full Version : Music Games?

M7.Ninja
07-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Is anyone else ticked off at how GameTrailers decided, in this page (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5191.html), to pick out the most unlikely games as the "best" titles?!

Here are the greatest disappointments:

Disappointment #1:
Best FPS (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
Reason: Come on! Are you saying this is better that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, BioShock, Jericho and Half Life 2?! I don't buy it. Next!

Disappointment #2:
Best Graphics (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
Reason: One word we should all know: Crysis. No way CoD: ANYTHING could beat Crysis in this generation. Also, Gears of War for the PC and Killzone 2 apparently fall short of the winner, according to GameTrailers.

Disappointment #3:
Most Innovative (Little Big Planet)
Reason: Stepping back is NOT an innovation. You want something that has never been this well-known? Try Wii Fit.

Disappointment #4:
Best New Franchise (Little Big Planet)
Reason: First off, I hope they never make a sequel. Second, why the hell would this be better than Clive Barker's Jericho, Dark Sector, and FRACTURE?! (Notice I didn't include Da Blob, which is just as bad, and would push me to present the same argument)

Disappointment #5:
Best Non-Game (Jam Session)
Reason: Again, this piece of musical crap beats Wii Fit? Brain Age 2? My Word Coach? At least those are (non) games that would actually help you improve yourself one way or another...

Disappointment #6:
Best Online Game (Little Big Planet)
Reason: WTF?! I would think these countdowns are rigged. Why would LBP be better than Unreal Tournament 3 in its online potential, or, God forbid, World in Conflict on the PC?

Disappointment #7:
Best PC Game (Half Life 2: The Orange Box)
Reason: Crysis. Top that. No game starting with Half and ending with Life could possibly be more anticipated than the PC sensation Crysis. Also, BioShock is higher on my list (and no doubt, many others) than HL2:TOB.

Disappointment #8:
Best Playstation 3 Game (Little Big Planet)
Reason: ... I'm not a big fan of the PS3, but I am reasonable enough to admit that there are far greater games coming to that system than some two-bit "level design simulator". That's what we have on the PC, as a game creator. Guess what? It sucks. Besides, the PS3 has some more worthy contenders (I'm not saying this winner is worthy) such as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank Future, *gasp* Heavenly Sword and Metal Gear Solid 4!!!

Disappointment #9:
Best RPG (Eternal Sonata)
Reason: Where do I begin? Folklore? Maybe perhaps Mass Effect? Even Age of Conan and Tabula Rasa are more worthy, in my opinion, than Eternal Sonata

Disappointment #10
Best Sports Game (everything)
Reason: Hmm... two American Football games, another Tiger Woods thing, Tony Hawk ripoff... I'll just pretend this genre doesn't exist and move on to...

Disappointment #11
Best Strategy Game (World in Conflict)
Reason: While I have some respect to this game, I truly expected something that makes the strategists in us lose more sleep than Napoleon did before a campaign, dwelling in the war room. I am talking, of course, about Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

Disappointment #12
Best Trailer (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
Reason: I dunno, perhaps Lost Odyssey or Metal Gear Solid 4 seem like more worhy candidates?

Disappointment #13
Best Xbox 360 Game (Rock Band)
Reason: Seriously, WTWTWTF?! Can someone, ANYONE, explain to me how this game could ever be beat a lineup containing Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Call of Duty 4 and Jericho? Anyone?

Greatest Disappointment of them All
Best Game of the Show (Rock Band)
Reason: That's it. Those guys must be out of their minds to put this worthless piece of junk ahead of all the gems in the entire show. Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Super Mario Galaxy, and unlisted entrants MGS4, Metroid Prime 3, Heavenly Sword, Mass Effect, BioShock, Crysis, Fracture, Killzone 2, World in Conflict and even semi-game Wii Fit?! It doesn't help that they squeezed in Little Big Planet as a nominee in this category, at the expense of a bigger hit.

Bluntman428
07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree with the bit about LittleBigPlanet, since that game looks stupid as all hell.

But CoD4 does look amazing. Better than Gears of War, and Crysis isn't coming out anytime soon last I heard.

Rock Band could quite possibly be the best game out this year. It's the highest on my list of must-buy games. BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, and the rest of the blockbusters coming this fall look great, yes. But Rock Band is by far the most innovative, and probably the most fun. Guitar Hero is an ingenious franchise, and Rock Band's taking that formula and adding two entirely seperate ones to the same game.

Anti HERO 574
07-27-2007, 07:24 PM
i think your kinda wrong about some of the call of duty 4 stuff..

but what is jericho and crysis?
haven't heard of them...
but i CANNOT wait for fracture!

x McGrim x
07-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I agree with the some of the Little Big Planet ones but don't you see what your doing? You're basically doing exactly what they were; voicing your opinion.

Vista
07-28-2007, 02:08 AM
wuts Little Big Planet??

xVanished
07-28-2007, 03:28 AM
I agree with some stuff, disagree with others. But we all have different opinions.

Pieface
07-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Actually no Im not ticked off, what i am ticked off about is that you are doing all these too games that are not even out yet, little Big Planet may not be a free-roam game but it implement things that haven't been seen, such as amazing physics and the way its not simply get from one end to the other by yourself, its a game that involves teamwork to the highest level. Half Life 2 was an Immense game and Orange box just look as good, yes the graphics may not be up to Crysis standards, but in my books, and most others its gameplay that they would prefer, Im not saying anything against Crysis as I am even excited about it but Half Life is one of the biggest Game Series ever.

Also before I leave Wii Fit is also part off the Wii Sports Series and Wii Play, By the same creators and Same idea, to help people get fitter.

And one thing that also does tick me off is how they have there opinion, which, if you missed, is voted by other people, but you make it sound like as we all have the same opinion as you, I know you have your own opinion and so do I but please don't try ad say we all think that they are the most unlikely games for there awards.