PDA

View Full Version : which deck to use to defeat....

Ari Haswari
10-18-2011, 05:26 AM
can't seem to beat nicol bolas in archenemy and can't get past kioria atua in revenge mode. which decks do I use for each one of them and should I have all the cards unlocked for which ever decks I use?

Senyth
10-18-2011, 06:16 AM
I haven't played around with most of the decks yet, but I managed to beat Nicol Bolas using the elf deck (Guardians of the Wood, I think?) and alongside 2x Nissa AI. It took a few tries, though, and I had it set on Mage difficulty.

It seems like a lot of the schemes are WAY too powerful and you really need some luck to win. Of course, it doesn't help that the game forces you to run far more land than you actually need...

I haven't started Revenge yet, but just out of curiosity, what deck are you using?

koosbane1985
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
If I recall I got lucky and beat nicol first try, I used either the basic green deck or the red deck can't remember exactly. my teammates were vampire deck and the chandra red burn deck i think.

Miles Prower F6
10-19-2011, 12:52 AM
You have a few options for Kiora depending on your playstyle.

Kiora is vulnerable in the early game since most of her 2 and 3 mana cards are mana accelerators. So you could try to rush and burn her with the red decks, or just try to overpower her with the white deck.

Alternatively.

You can use her own strength against her with the blue deck. She only has a handful of targeted spells protecting your illusions, and they have great power/toughness for their mana cost. You have plenty of access to counter spells and mind control spells to choose which of her creatures you allow into play.

Finally.

All of the decks can win against her with a bit of luck and patience, but those are some reasonable and straight forewards strategies. It's also a good idea to edit your deck specifically to fight her if you're having a chance, try to shave off as many cards in your deck down to 60 cards if possible.

shinobigarth
12-05-2011, 08:18 PM
if you can get the zombie deck going, it could beat her since if she has the Tidemaker octopus, it can only tap 8 creatures which if zombie gets going youll have a million creatures. same with the Annihilator legendaries. you would always have 4 or whatever zombie tokens to sac. it can sometimes be hard to get it going though, you need Endless Ranks of the Dead and Army of the Damned and creatures like Grave Titan to get it going.