PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Alpha Build Leaked Menu

iBuzz7S
10-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Halo 4 Alpha Build (via Halo CEA) - YouTube

Don't be so quick to jump on the "no gameplay = fake" bandwagon. It may be fake, but it looks legit. Then again, if it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

UrStupidAndFat
10-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Looks real to me but then again it could be really good fake.

RBmaster9345
10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Does look pretty cool. If this is indeed the menu I wouldnt be displeased

xPsYcHoSaWYeR
10-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe you can access the beta for halo 4 at a later date on that menu i hope so deffo getting CE anniversarys :D

Ty-Rex
10-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Even if it is fake, that menu music is pretty sweet. I'm not a fan of the Reach menu music since it's kind of obnoxious with the drums and all. I'd prefer just to have something more relaxed like that.

DarkReign2021
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I get a "Mass Effect 1" vibe from the look and sound of the menu. The soft music and gentle colors of the first game were very peaceful and soothing, which went well with the overall feel of the first game. Likewise, Halo 4 is supposed to be delving back into mystery as we explore this unfamiliar world. A softer, more pleasant soundtrack would definitely be welcome in this case (the music director for ME1&2 actually left and isn't doing ME3. I would love it if we found out he was the man behind Halo 4's soundtrack. Certainly no Marty, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Change can be good if it's done right.

LickableLemons7
10-19-2011, 02:05 AM
That's a rather interesting new menu layout... Other games in the franchise never had something like this. And the music reminds me of Halo CE. It feels like Halo, yet it feels so new. I hope this is an accurate representation of the menu. But I'd rather not try to get my hopes up. I'm not expecting 343i to release much info on Halo 4 except for the multiplayer and other features such as custom games and forge. I think they want us to experience a sense of mystery like the original Halo had. You know what would be interesting? Just exploring in the first mission of the campaign. For a good 15 to 20 minutes, enough time to take in what happens after MC crashes into the Dyson sphere, with Cortana nagging at you all the way.

DarkReign2021
10-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I dunno how well this would hit off with other gamers in the franchise, but for earlier missions I wouldn't mind if it was just the Chief exploring the world as little bits of information start to creep in slowly. Instead of having any kind of actual fight, just mix things up. Perhaps with wildlife. Obviously we have to fight things or it just won't be Halo. The unfortunate side effect of this new trilogy is that it has an established fan base that is expecting more of the same. They want a military shooter with lots of skirmishes and action. Unfortunately either 343 delievers on that or we have a lot of pissed off fans. Either way it doesn't bode well for the new trilogy. I hope 343 finds some way to please the fans AND bring back the mystery and exploration of the first game (It's so hard remember that most of the current fanbase didn't even start until Halo 2 or Halo 3, neither of which had any exploration at all. Plus the biggest complaint about ODST was the exploration aspect introduced by Streets of New Mombasa.

As awesome as the idea sounds, lemons, other people just want let us have it >:(

Ty-Rex
10-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Plus the biggest complaint about ODST was the exploration aspect introduced by Streets of New Mombasa.
I still think it could have worked much better if the idea was fleshed out a lot more. It really just felt like it was being shoehorned into the game rather than being the main part of the game. I feel like that's what got it all of the backlash.

An exploration type thing of this new world that Chief is on could be really great, and could easily have a ton of mainstream appeal if it's done right.

ajennice
11-22-2011, 06:08 AM
I've seen this... Legit. we got a "please do not solicite the build release though your outlet"email from 343/MS, at out store...

We hade to find this to even know what they were talking about so they acknowledge it and tried to keep it as low key as possible.
Pisser is, it's these leaks that usually set back the release of games. They either halt to find out how it leaked and rectify that situation (fire somone -and if he's working ON the game, then they have to replace and get the new guys up to date) or scrap the leaked data and start fresh for that section (see Half Life 2 -leaked source code. Halted/delayed it for over 6 months...close to 9 i think)

Vectorman953
12-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I really like this setup, but it seems vastly different from other halo menus, and I'm not sure they would want to make that quick a change for loyal fans (then again, they could be wanting to say outright "this is our (343) game now" and do something vastly different)
It would be quite lame if they changed the whole layout just because it leaked. Some/Most of Mass Effect 3's story leaked (through the new xbox live beta, there was a demo available) and the developer is just taking suggestions on how it is, and retooling it, not completely scrapping it

On a different note, I wonder what "Cartographer" and "Chronicals" do?

MixMaker1
12-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I dunno how well this would hit off with other gamers in the franchise, but for earlier missions I wouldn't mind if it was just the Chief exploring the world as little bits of information start to creep in slowly. Instead of having any kind of actual fight, just mix things up. Perhaps with wildlife. Obviously we have to fight things or it just won't be Halo. The unfortunate side effect of this new trilogy is that it has an established fan base that is expecting more of the same. They want a military shooter with lots of skirmishes and action. Unfortunately either 343 delievers on that or we have a lot of pissed off fans. Either way it doesn't bode well for the new trilogy. I hope 343 finds some way to please the fans AND bring back the mystery and exploration of the first game (It's so hard remember that most of the current fanbase didn't even start until Halo 2 or Halo 3, neither of which had any exploration at all. Plus the biggest complaint about ODST was the exploration aspect introduced by Streets of New Mombasa.

As awesome as the idea sounds, lemons, other people just want let us have it >:(
Great points. I for one thing they'll move it along rather quickly in terms of exploration. I expect a slow start, exploring, figuring out what the hell is going on. I think during this time we can try to figure out what is happening while epic stuff occurs around us.

This will be the time for Cortana and Chief to flesh out their relationship. I expect a slow 1/3, then a HUGE battle in the middle and an ending that completely has the chief and whatever alliances he has getting their ass whooped.

I would love a "Empire Strikes Back" feel - with never a win/win vibe to the new storyline.

LickableLemons7
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I would love a "Empire Strikes Back" feel - with never a win/win vibe to the new storyline.

An "Empire Strikes Back" feel, eh? Now that you mention that, I hope 343 won't end the series in a "Return of the Jedi" feel. Damn Ewoks. :uzi: