PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Beta Stats

Nozza XBA
10-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Millions and Billions!

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/OB-Stats-Final.jpg

Poppygalaxy
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
That guy who got an 636 meter headshot DAMN!.

Predni
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM
I miss one Point

"How many People disappointed after our Beta" :p

regards

littlejay
10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I miss one Point

regards

it wasn't supposed to represent the full game. you played an unfinished game so you can test their servers.

Tatanko
10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
That guy who got an 636 meter headshot DAMN!.
At first that didn't seem that impressive to me (that's a +536 marksman headshot from BC2, which I have done once or twice in my 400+ hours of play), but then I took the situation into account. First of all, the extremely small number of stupidly long headshots I got in BC2 didn't happen until I had played the game for quite a while (time the guy in the beta didn't have), and where in the hell did he get a shot like that on Metro?! :p Seems a whole lot more impressive when you analyze it.

littlejay
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
At first that didn't seem that impressive to me (that's a +536 marksman headshot from BC2, which I have done once or twice in my 400+ hours of play), but then I took the situation into account. First of all, the extremely small number of stupidly long headshots I got in BC2 didn't happen until I had played the game for quite a while (time the guy in the beta didn't have), and where in the hell did he get a shot like that on Metro?! :p Seems a whole lot more impressive when you analyze it.

caspian boarder.

Tatanko
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
caspian boarder.
Suddenly it seems a whole lot less impressive.

Burnout x360a
10-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Suddenly it seems a whole lot less impressive.

A headshot at that distance is always impressive in my book regardless of map.

Poppygalaxy
10-18-2011, 01:01 PM

indeed. over 600meters is fucking far away :p

littlejay
10-18-2011, 01:36 PM
edit: i stand corrected. stats are only from operation metro.

900m+ sniper shot on caspian

BF3 Caspian Border: Longest (961m) headshot on video HD - YouTube

Grey Delta
10-18-2011, 01:58 PM
900m+ sniper shot on caspian

OMG HAX NO WAI!!1 :p

I always found long distance headshots far more gratifying in BF than in any other shooter, gives a great sense of accomplishment and badassery.

CGPsaint
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
I would say that I'm unimpressed with the mere 19 million dogtags taken, but we all know that the knifing mechanics were jacked up at best.

MediumMelanin
10-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Man, any source of where this came from? I mean, is it all data from the 3 systems? Or just...? Looks like all 3 to me...!

MxPx
10-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Whys that video got 1943 music? lol

Cooljoe
10-19-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm surprised nobody is surprised about the number of shots fired. 47 billion is just amazing in such a small amount of time. A lot of destroyed mcom's, too. Wow.

cHRiSCOe
10-19-2011, 05:38 AM
I miss one Point

regards

what i was thinking.....

Battlefield 3 Beta: In Real Life - YouTube

Nozza XBA
10-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Man, any source of where this came from? I mean, is it all data from the 3 systems? Or just...? Looks like all 3 to me...!

Didn't say...

The Battlefield 3 beta may be over, however that hasnít stopped DICE from posting about it, this time revealing the stats surrounding the beta.

One of the main stats to come out of the beta is that over eight million people took part in the beta, 47 billion shots were fired, 1.5 billion kills were registered and 635.5 meters was the record for the longest headshot.

The main stat though was that over 8.1 million players took part in the beta. Pretty impressive.

Check out all the stats in the poster below.

Barad
10-19-2011, 11:04 AM
That's some crazy ass stats, glad I was a part of it :D

Tatanko
10-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I agree with you, but it seemed less impressive on a huge open map like Caspian Border than it would on Operation Metro. Apparently, however, it was indeed OM, which means I must now go back on what I said... again lol

upindat
10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I miss one Point

regards

My thoughts excatly!!!!!!! Here is my run down of my beta expericene. I spawn I die. I spawn I die. I spawn I die. So on and so forth!!!

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 02:22 PM
They should include a stat for the number of people killed by people who were camping outside the map...

Tatanko
10-19-2011, 03:01 PM
They should include a stat for the number of people killed by people who were camping outside the map...
Speaking of outside of the map... not to go off topic here but, I noticed people sitting above the entrance to the subway in the first part of the map. How the hell do you get up there? I never really gave it much of a try.

littlejay
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Speaking of outside of the map... not to go off topic here but, I noticed people sitting above the entrance to the subway in the first part of the map. How the hell do you get up there? I never really gave it much of a try.

steps on the side of the hole. it's not a glitch and pretty easy to do if you feel like going up there :p

Tatanko
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
steps on the side of the hole. it's not a glitch and pretty easy to do if you feel like going up there :p
I didn't think it was a glitch when I saw how many people were up there at one point (seriously, half the opposing team). I was just curious because it was something I never really looked at before the beta was over. Thanks for filling me in.

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I didn't think it was a glitch when I saw how many people were up there at one point (seriously, half the opposing team). I was just curious because it was something I never really looked at before the beta was over. Thanks for filling me in.

I picked off a few snipers who were prone up there trying to spawn camp my team. I swear, if you give some of these peeps a few minutes and they will find every single out of the way place where they can pitch a tent and sniper from. Of course, that's not as bad as the defenders who wait until the tunnels open and then camp the access shaft on the far right. There isn't really a good way to rush in and pick off someone camping at the far end.